Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Look's quite colourful for a treyarch game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

blops23.jpg

Sorry don't know how to resize :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Bahahahaha **** this anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

This picture from the call of duty website looks like it came from the pic posted above. Not sure how I feel about this future warfare stuff but if it plays well then I don't mind too much.

blackopsd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

That screenshot reminds of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

All the people who wanted less/more simple killstreaks not gonna be happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

Could just be singleplayer only, if the images are from the trailer to be shown soon, I doubt they will show multiplayer just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Shagohod?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

HS8Yu.jpg

3NNh1.jpg

06wRK.jpg

Anyone surprised by this? At all? For those going to the site, trailer is not yet available. Not quite grasping the meaning of the word now :rolleyes: Full reveal coming later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Im kinda interested to see where they go with this. The future opens up alot of new doors

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Thomasheen wrote: »
    Im kinda interested to see where they go with this. The future opens up alot of new doors

This x100.

WWII has been done to death and the world and his wife have been (and still do) producing these modern desert shooters for the last 6/7 years....it's time to move on. To be honest, this was the next logical step and just about the only way they could go that would keep the masses glued in for another gimmicky ride....the future setting is this next installments selling point.

It doesn't matter where it takes place as long as it plays well and we get some balanced gun-on-gun gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Ian7

Awesome. Looking forward to this! Really preferred black ops over MW3.

And I hope they bring back the "dive" in multiplayer too!

Any chance we'll see any Zombies in the trailer?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

As long as it's not a lag fest like MW3 currently is, i'm happy. Plus, it looks to be set in current/very near future times, which excites me...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Still reckon dinosaurs will be in this. Maybe Grimlock?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Well Hello

1335872752_1.jpg

1335872752_2.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Resize the pic.

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Well Hello

1335872752_1.jpg

1335872752_2.jpg

can't see **** captain

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

This looks pants.

Every year I've bought COD on launch day or on the next available day. Think I'll be steering clear of this.

MW3 has really ruined the game for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There's a lot of snobbery over the CoD games, often from people who haven't played one since MW1. They're really well made run and gun arcade shooters that offer a surprising amount of depth and while MW3 was a slight let-down, it remains a very good game. I've got high hopes that Black Ops 2 will also be a very good game and it's one I'll buy at launch.

I get the fact that the biggest franchise in gaming, published by one of the biggest and most disliked publishers and is an easy target but as an arcade multi-player online console shooter, it's one of the best. I dunno, I guess there's just room for Fez, The Witcher and CoD in my gaming library.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

As long as it's not a lag fest like MW3 currently is, i'm happy. Plus, it looks to be set in current/very near future times, which excites me...
    To be fair black ops had dedicated servers for pc. Big problems patched out. It was cod, but after mw3 I realised how good it was. It's not by infinity ward too.

I am looking forward to it, same way I loo forward to any cod game, but we will see. I will hold my judgment, untill I see gameplay videos. MW3 was a huge pile of crap, so lets hope they will learn a thing or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

This looks pants.

Every year I've bought COD on launch day or on the next available day. Think I'll be steering clear of this.

MW3 has really ruined the game for me.

You've seen 2 pictures? Definitely enough for judgement.

Whats that now Six games in Six years all basically using the same engine from 2006?

Jez when will people learn and demand some new innovation.

All 5 after MW1 could have been released as DLC.... the single player modes are useless in FPS these days so you're paying for online maps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

AdamD wrote: »
    You've seen 2 pictures? Definitely enough for judgement.

Was just thinking this exactly, we have next to no info on the game so far apart from a couple of pictures, obviously we can speculate but until we get a decent trailer I won't be passing judgement and even at that the trailer with most likely be single player

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Whats that now Six games in Six years all basically using the same engine from 2006?

All 5 after MW1 could have been released as DLC.... the single player modes are useless in FPS these days so you're paying for online maps.

Same game different guns ,year in and year out . Didn't buy the latest and greatest release this year.

The last one I enjoyed was COD4 on the PC. Must have put hundreds of hours into it. They just went overboard with all the perks and ruined it.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

This has bugged me for the last while. However it just goes to show that people will buy it anyway. Without improving the game significantly they may go the same way as Medal of Honour and slowly lose their market share and they wouldn't have anyone to blame but themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

If it has a good zombie mode I will pick it up at some stage as my nephew loves playing it co-op, otherwise it's very very meh at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

lol thats hillarious! Mechs in a COD game. :D

Alsmost as funny as the fan boy reactions of "Its only a pic I wont judge yet" soon to be followed by "its only a trailer I wont judge yet" the the eventual "its only a demo I wont judge yet"! lmao.

Any new games opening salvo of promo items sets the tone and intention of the game itself and its pretty clear what that is thus far. I always said COD would have to work hard to win back faith from those likemyself who left mw3 due to franchise fatiuge and broken mechanics but THIS is exactly the opposite of what was needed.

....lol, mechs in a COD game. :D:eek::confused::D

Advertisement