Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Hope they bring back the old theatre mode in Blops 2. Cant stand MW3 awful theatre mode

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

I really wish they'd reach out to the community a bit more - for example, I'd love to see a website going up where we're given the tools to create multi-player maps and the best 16 or so from across the world are voted into BLOPS2. Gathering the experience of playing tens of thousands of games across millions of people would garner greater designed maps as opposed to what a handful of people can come up with in an office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Would be awesome if they brought back some of the top maps regardless of who designed them - really miss Terminal, Scrapyard etc. and would like to see a couple of small maps a la Dome and Rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

New image, not sure if its real.

325358.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭klose

I don't get why people keep saying they hope there'll be no deathstreaks or commando or any negative IW aspect of the mw series because it won't. It's like putting the rcxd or dogs as a killstreak in the mw series, each brand has their own unique inputs like those I said.

Ghost in someway will return, there hasta be a way to stay hidden while shooting down air support, it will be interesting to see what slant they put on it seeing as they know the general nay to it in blops.

Tbh I doubt it'll be massivly different, is like to see a bigger variety of guns and second chance gone. After that I'm sold, I love blops maps,gameplay,playlist diversity and ZOMBIES :)

Oh and the level of customisation esp emlem creator that was one of my favourite things.

And balistic knife, crossbow and tomahawk :) I could keep going. Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

This screen looks fake to me but what does everyone else think?

omtg1.jpg

Bigger Pic

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

^ Seems more like an early build for mw3 than blops....but thats just what I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Why is there a Timer for Dom?

Look's fake anyway,they took the battlefield score thing and photoshopped it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Why is there a Timer for Dom?

Look's fake anyway,they took the battlefield score thing and photoshopped it in.

Timer is actually telling you how long the UAV is up for.
    And it looks like they may have went with the Homefront killstreak system where you buy your killstreaks rather than earning them. I guess it their way of getting rid of stackable killstreaks but keeping the pointstreak system.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Looks pretty fake to me
    AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    looks like they may have went with the Homefront killstreak system where you buy your killstreaks

How did that work in Homefront? Never played it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Thomasheen wrote: »
    Looks pretty fake to me
    AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    looks like they may have went with the Homefront killstreak system where you buy your killstreaks

How did that work in Homefront? Never played it

Its like money, an airstrike will cost like 1200BP (battlepoints), through kills And assists and objective caps you increase your BP and you spend it on gear or killstreaks.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Fake. As said, looks a bit like MW3.

As for timer, assuming it is real for a second.. it could mean there is a time limit in Dom matches and not a score limit anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

doesnt look real to me at all tbh.. Scoring system looks strange.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Oh, and I'll be shocked if there is no trailer/ad by April 28th. After all, the playoffs start then and going by the past, we usually get something then.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

548329_342912555770475_229899403738458_963702_86743761_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well, the world reveal will be the big one, let us know if we are actually gonna care about this or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

548329_342912555770475_229899403738458_963702_86743761_n.jpg

*puts his patience/hopefull cap on*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Repeat after me..

I will not hype this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

It will probally be just singleplayer talk. We wont see multiplayer till cod xp

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Repeat after me..

OMG OMG BLACK OPS 2!!!!
    OMG OMG BLACK OPS 2!!!!
    OMG OMG BLACK OPS 2!!!!
    OMG OMG BLACK OPS 2!!!!
    OMG OMG BLACK OPS 2!!!!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If they are true...there are some game breakers in there....more than some actually.

Also looks so false as half of the perks seemed to be a youtube trickshot sniper's wet dream

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

every year a "leaked" perks list come out months before the game is even shown and every years is debunked as horsesh1t or just theories and fanboy wonderings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I know there's a few bad there but Pilot Pro... WTF!!! A small map, AC-130... Usual bull****!!

had a read of the list there, if even half of that made it into the game it'd be an absolute clusterfcuk, even more than MW3 is. seriously why cant they just bring it back to basics? 3/5/7, lose all the equipment and extra bull**** aside from red dots, silencers and a few other things, keep it at 6 perks and lose all the unecessary nonsense. just have these perks:

SOH
    Stopping Power
    Steady Aim
    Scavenger
    Hardline
    Sitrep

and thats it. no deathstreaks, no martyrdom, no noob assisting perks that reward you for being sh1t at the game. no hiding from the uav perk, everyone is on it, and you rely on your skill and gun rather than sitting in a bush letting some easily gotten killstreak do all the work for you.

My first multi game was MW2 so all I've known is all the killstreaks/perks but what you posted is what I'd love to see, I really can't see it happening though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

krudler wrote: »
    had a read of the list there, if even half of that made it into the game it'd be an absolute clusterfcuk, even more than MW3 is. seriously why cant they just bring it back to basics? 3/5/7, lose all the equipment and extra bull**** aside from red dots, silencers and a few other things, keep it at 6 perks and lose all the unecessary nonsense. just have these perks:

SOH
    Stopping Power
    Steady Aim
    Scavenger
    Hardline
    Sitrep

and thats it. no deathstreaks, no martyrdom, no noob assisting perks that reward you for being sh1t at the game. no hiding from the uav perk, everyone is on it, and you rely on your skill and gun rather than sitting in a bush letting some easily gotten killstreak do all the work for you.

Ninja and extreme conditioning are needed.

IPAM wrote: »
    My first multi game was MW2 so all I've known is all the killstreaks/perks but what you posted is what I'd love to see, I really can't see it happening though

aw man, COD4 got it so right and its just gotten worse with every game, I love MW2 but because of the guns, maps and the overall feel of it, but its still got too much bullsh1t in it, MW3 even more so. COD4 had uav, an airstrike and an attack chopper, and that was it. the choppers were a bit of a bitch to take down as you only had rpgs instead of stingers but they didnt dominate a map like the newer streaks do.

instead of piling MORE crap into the games they should strip out the unecessary stuff. and go back to gun on gun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

If they went back to COD4 but with the ability to stack KS's and removed Martyrdom it'd be near perfect.

I really don't understand the logic behind the developers. Surely they read forums and see what people do and don't want.

Not sure if I'm reading this
    "Elite – if Diver is active – You realistically fall into your feign death instead of diving."
    wrong or not but it seems like this is going to be the equivalent to Last Stand... Only you'll think you'll have killed him when you actually haven't?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Surely with that "Elite - Diver" thing you'd notice if you killed someone or not by if you got points for it?

Far too much rubbish on that list for me to find it believable tbh.

• Advertisement

If they went back to COD4 but with the ability to stack KS's and removed Martyrdom it'd be near perfect.

I really don't understand the logic behind the developers. Surely they read forums and see what people do and don't want.

Not sure if I'm reading this wrong or not but it seems like this is going to be the equivalent to Last Stand... Only you'll think you'll have killed him when you actually haven't?

Bad enough someone going into last stand but now w won't even fûcking know it!! Christ!!

Advertisement