Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Galvasean wrote: »
    LoTwan wrote: »
    Was that you on page 428? If yes, can I take you home now LOL

You'll have to catch me first!
    men like bacon, attach that to the hook and you should be golden!

How to get a paleo girl excited, in one easy step... Talk about bacon!

Yesterday's breakfast, chez Twan... Eggs baked in bacon :)

c43edea5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

How to get a paleo girl excited,

sean = exclamation-point.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Ok "Mary" replied to me,

Was a load of bullsh*t about not knowing whether she has the time for a fella and a load of different crap!

So all messages and her number is deleted and at least now I can move on!!

Back to the drawing board now!! Woohoo:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

How to get a paleo girl excited,

sean = exclamation-point.gif

Do what?

• Advertisement

Do what?

I meant that when I read the words 'paleo girl' my head jolted up like when my dog hears the word 'walk'.

Do what?

I meant that when I read the words 'paleo girl' my head jolted up like when my dog hears the word 'walk'.

I thought it was "Sean = stops in his tracks" but I wasn't sure.

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Well prove me wrong!

I only help those who help themselves.
    Galvasean is earned, not magically offered up by some magical turn of coincidence. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I only help those who help themselves.
    Galvasean is earned, not magically offered up by some magical turn of coincidence. :cool:

I don't really care enough to earn it. BUT out of interest, how would one go about earning Galvasean? :p

Also, just been given a phone number and asked to text a guy after exhanging a grand total of about 4 messages each. People move so fast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Steve Johnson

Boys, I bought some "spray on hair" to take a new profile pic :D

Is this deceptive?

Wish me luck.

• Advertisement

Boys, I bought some "spray on hair" to take a new profile pic :D

Is this deceptive?

Wish me luck.

Get a black marker and draw on a droopy, French mustache to match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Think I'll be deleting all my profiles tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Do none of you tire of this dating thing? It's just such a pain meeting strangers and going through the same chit chat all the time. Some of you seem to go on so many dates I don't know where you get the enthusiasm. Tried dating for a while and the whole thing just made me appreciate being single tbh. Anyone else feel this way?

You go through phases. I do actually like chatting with people. It just the after the date part when you don't this there's a spark is the bad part. :cool:
    Ok "Mary" replied to me,

Was a load of bullsh*t about not knowing whether she has the time for a fella and a load of different crap!

So all messages and her number is deleted and at least now I can move on!!

Back to the drawing board now!! Woohoo:rolleyes:

I guess, at least you've a bit of closure. Onwards and upwards!! :)

I don't really care enough to earn it. BUT out of interest, how would one go about earning Galvasean? :p

*shrugs shoulders*

Through the glory of battle?
    Samich wrote: »
    Think I'll be deleting all my profiles tonight!

In a good way or a bad way?

*shrugs shoulders*

Through the glory of battle?

Let the battle commence?

Another thing, have any of you tried elevator shoes? I've been lured in by their promise of making me 5.5 inches taller! I'm 5'7.5" now and I've always dreamt of being 6', but if this is for real and I get to be 6'1" I will be in heaven and I'm sure in many more women's panties also :D I've ordered them off the net, the only thing is they're after costing me €345 quid and I'm only a size 9, so I'm hoping it won't look too strange.. I was thinking of getting height-increment surgery to hopefully gain 4.5 inches and be 6 foot, but if this really works and I can gain 5.5 just by wearing a pair of shoes, I'll be far, far more than delighted.

It's safe to say also that I'll be ridin' with me shoes on :D

Another thing, have any of you tried elevator shoes? I've been lured in by their promise of making me 5.5 inches taller! I'm 5'7.5" now and I've always dreamt of being 6', but if this is for real and I get to be 6'1" I will be in heaven and I'm sure in many more women's panties also :D I've ordered them off the net, the only thing is they're after costing me €345 quid and I'm only a size 9, so I'm hoping it won't look too strange.. I was thinking of getting height-increment surgery to hopefully gain 4.5 inches and be 6 foot, but if this really works and I can gain 5.5 just by wearing a pair of shoes, I'll be far, far more than delighted.

Orrrrrrr just date shorter women? I'm 5'1 and have dated men ranging from 5'3 to 6'9.

That said, I'd love a lend of your new shoes. I'd stuff them with socks to make them fit my small feet and then I'd be average height! :D

Bono does that. It makes him look like an eijit IMO.

Orrrrrrr just date shorter women? I'm 5'1 and have dated men ranging from 5'3 to 6'9.

That said, I'd love a lend of your new shoes. I'd stuff them with socks to make them fit my small feet and then I'd be average height! :D

If you're willing to date men shorter than 5'10, you're in a small minority of women. I'm only 5'8 at best and I put on my profile before how I was 5'10, when I finally after months of daily activity got a woman to agree to go on a date with me, the FIRST thing she said was "you're short" :( And she was only 5'3! I've found that even women below 5' only want 5'10+ guys. My bald head, big belly and ugly face don't help either. :(

If you're willing to date men shorter than 5'10, you're in a small minority of women. I'm only 5'8 at best and I put on my profile before how I was 5'10, when I finally after months of daily activity got a woman to agree to go on a date with me, the FIRST thing she said was "you're short" :( And she was only 5'3! I've found that even women below 5' only want 5'10+ guys. My bald head, big belly and ugly face don't help either. :(

Well, there's your biggest mistake - lying!
    Don't ever lie about your size/appearance because they will notice and immediately wonder what else you have been lying about.
    Last girlfriend I had was taller than me, so there's exceptions.

• Advertisement

Pft, there are plenty of women who will date shorter men. I mean yeah, some of us like tall men (I'm not gonna lie, I love tall men), but nothing wrong with 5'8 either. I mean, it's not like I've got a whole lot to recommend me, I'm not exactly attractive as far as I'm concerned. But you know, I've had plenty of boyfriends and dates, so there are exceptions to every rule.

Don't ever lie about your size/appearance because they will notice and immediately wonder what else you have been lying about.

Yeah but you're last gf was probably a 6'4 blonde bomb-shell from Eastern europe and you're probably a 6'3.5 stud with rock hard abs and long flowing hair :D

When you're actually under 5'10 it's a real nightmare, I'm sure some guys on here have also experienced. No women reply, and when they do, they say insensitively "TOO SHORT" or "ONLY LIKE 5'10"/6' GUYS". So as soon as I changed it to 5'10 (when I wear shoes I'm nearly 5'9 anyway) the attention I was getting went from zero to slightly, slightly more :D. After that horrendous date with the heavy lady who commented on my height, I changed back to my real height (5'8) and I've got literally not one response since, and I've sent out well over 100 messages. I think tonight I might take off all my pics on my profile where I'm standing up, and change my height to a hunky 6'1, and see if my response rate skyrockets, seeing as that hopefully will be my real height once my elevator shoes arrive.

Yeah but you're last gf was probably a 6'4 blonde bomb-shell from Eastern europe and you're probably a 6'3.5 stud with rock hard abs and long flowing hair :D

When you're actually under 5'10 it's a real nightmare, I'm sure some guys on here have also experienced. No women reply, and when they do, they say insensitively "TOO SHORT" or "ONLY LIKE 5'10"/6' GUYS". So as soon as I changed it to 5'10 (when I wear shoes I'm nearly 5'9 anyway) the attention I was getting went from zero to slightly, slightly more :D. After that horrendous date with the heavy lady who commented on my height, I changed back to my real height (5'8) and I've got literally not one response since, and I've sent out well over 100 messages. I think tonight I might take off all my pics on my profile where I'm standing up, and change my height to a hunky 6'1, and see if my response rate skyrockets, seeing as that hopefully will be my real height once my elevator shoes arrive.

I REALLY don't mean this as rudely as it's going to come across but - if you're that disillusioned, are you sure it's not your attitude putting people off? I mean, I've responded to people I would consider to be unattractive, because they seemed like really nice people.

Pft, there are plenty of women who will date shorter men. I mean yeah, some of us like tall men (I'm not gonna lie, I love tall men), but nothing wrong with 5'8 either. I mean, it's not like I've got a whole lot to recommend me, I'm not exactly attractive as far as I'm concerned. But you know, I've had plenty of boyfriends and dates, so there are exceptions to every rule.

Let's be honest, even the most disgustingly unattractive lady in the world can go onto POF in Ireland and be bombarded with attention. Women have it made in this country, as long as you have a vagina you've written your ticket. Unattractive men on the other hand.. should be aborted to save them the misery... ha

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Busy Lizzie

I hope you're joking about those shoes! How can you think by deceiving someone right from the start is a good way to start a relationship?! I have loads of friends who are taller than their husbands/boyfriends.

I REALLY don't mean this as rudely as it's going to come across but - if you're that disillusioned, are you sure it's not your attitude putting people off? I mean, I've responded to people I would consider to be unattractive, because they seemed like really nice people.

Nope. No way in a million years is it my attitude. I'm a very good catch. Not physically, but mentally, spiritually and every other way possible. It's THEIR pickiness that's the problem. Even a year ago when I was hovering on just over 200lbs, loads of BIG FAT UGLY HIPPOS wanted nothing to do with me. The fcking shallowness of women I'm telling you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Let's be honest, even the most disgustingly unattractive lady in the world can go onto POF in Ireland and be bombarded with attention. Women have it made in this country, as long as you have a vagina you've written your ticket. Unattractive men on the other hand.. should be aborted to save them the misery... ha

Ok,Im pretty sure you are trolling but Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt but any more rubbish from you and you will be taking a holiday from here,ok.

Regards,
    OD.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Im 5.7 and I dont think too much about it, nothing I can do about it. I hit the gym and built myself up instead and I feel alot better about myself when I see a 6ft beanpole that the wind would knock over. If a woman isnt interested in me because of my height then fair enough, 10 years ago it might have bothered me but not now.

Pft, there are plenty of women who will date shorter men. I mean yeah, some of us like tall men (I'm not gonna lie, I love tall men), but nothing wrong with 5'8 either.

Why hullo thar... :pac:
    Oh yes, I forgot to commence battle!

Shatteredglassmegatrondecepticons.jpg
    Yeah but you're last gf was probably a 6'4 blonde bomb-shell

You aint far wrong ;)
    from Eastern europe and you're probably a 6'3.5 stud with rock hard abs and long flowing hair :D

Well, I do have nice hair...
    When you're actually under 5'10 it's a real nightmare, I'm sure some guys on here have also experienced. No women reply, and when they do, they say insensitively "TOO SHORT" or "ONLY LIKE 5'10"/6' GUYS".

As a shortarse I cant say I've encountered that, but answer me this: Would you REALLY want to end up with such an insensitive woman even if she found you attractive? I know I certainly wouldn't.

• Advertisement

I hope you're joking about those shoes! How can you think by deceiving someone right from the start is a good way to start a relationship?! I have loads of friends who are taller than their husbands/boyfriends.

I've no other damn option, lady. Either I tell the truth and no woman appreciates me for me and my loneliness continues until the abyss, or I lie and get as far as I can by deceiving. What would you do? (Obviously you can't tell because you're a woman you can be an ugly cow and still have thousands of guys line up for you so you can take your picky pick).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement