Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Kiith wrote: »
    For anyone debating getting this, i can't recommend it enough. It's a fantastic game, and one of the best RPG's of 2011 (along with Skyrim and Dark Souls).

this. basically if you love gaming, on any platform, you owe it to yourself to experience this game and you owe it to the developers to actually buy the damn thing full price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Am I right in thinking this is out on Tuesday the 17th here? Really looking forward to playing it, and seeing people's reactions here is only getting me more excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

<3 Witcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I played it last year and loved every minute of it.

Looking forward to choosing a different path this time with the enhanced version.

The devs deserve our support. So no piracy with this one kids!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

2 questions, do I need to have played the 1st one to enjoy this game and understand what's going on? And how long is it ?

• Advertisement

It would probably help. And it's pretty big.

i think it's 20-30 hours per playthrough and there's two seperate story/quest lines to do (prety early on you have to make a decision that will drive the story of the game in one of two ways, from there the available quests and maybe some maps are different.. I only did one, saving the second for when the enhanced version comes out) so 40-60 hours altogether I guess? and theres a video a couple of pages ago that will explain the story of witcher 1 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

GTR63 wrote: »
    Does the Enhanced Version availible in Smyths come with the quest guidebook & making of dvd?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 eire126

Street date has been broken in tesco in UK apparently....not sure would it be the same in Ireland though as in our local tesco it sometimes takes new games a week or two to come out in store after their official release.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I will be in Smyths tomorrow picking up PSN cards and will confirm what is in the box.

Miniture guide book and making of dvd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Sesudra wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking this is out on Tuesday the 17th here? Really looking forward to playing it, and seeing people's reactions here is only getting me more excited!

It says 17th on Gamestops website. So heres hoping, I got mine pre-ordered. I'm upset they don't have the dark version.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

lads, i am trying to finish witcher 1. i got a question: there is no inn in old vezima, so where can i get to my stash? need some runes

i think there is a section alright where you have no access to an inn

iirc anyway

Dandelion stores stuff for you.

Sarky wrote: »
    Dandelion stores stuff for you.

where do i find that prick? i just came back from:
    cementary and saved the princess.

i just finished Witcher 1. OMFG I **** BRICKS in EPILOGE!
    The whole thing about alvin and grand master, i picked it up on my own as there were so many similarities and clues! Grand master is ALVIN! i am sure of it! i just cant believe how well CD project RED made this! they did not pointed out at it, it just makes you think and use your brain! after i finished game i went online and sow in wiki that there was a lot of speculation on this. This is the first game which made me feel like this. its just epic!

Right, if CD project RED wont do witcher 1 port to consoles, then all of you console gamers will have to buy PCs, i dont care, you have to! :p I dont even know if Witcher 2 is my favorite game, witcher 1 is just plain awesome. i just love them both now so much! God they made a great game!

He should be in the Dike, near where you arrive back in Vizima.

Sarky wrote: »
    He should be in the Dike, near where you arrive back in Vizima.

Too late now. And you can't go to file when you enter old vezima. You can only use him, on very restricted parts.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Should I be playing witcher 1 first? And PC exclusive u say? How is it? And how long is it? And does it do gamepads??

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Should I be playing witcher 1 first? And PC exclusive u say? How is it? And how long is it? And does it do gamepads??

Well I finished witcher 2 first, and only witcher 1 now. Plot wise those are two different stories. Perfectly you would want finish witcher 1 first, but if you can't, then go for witcher 2.
    Witcher 1 has some annoying parts, but Jesus it is awesome when you pay attention. First game that makes you think and not just fallow the arrow.
    I bet on this: when you finish witcher 2, you will want witcher 1 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I installed the witcher 1 today - is there no gamepad support? My wireless keyboard with touchpad isnt exactly suitable...

At 10 bucks on gog.com it's a steal! :P went straight for it; just came back on to see what's up :) the isometric view is a blast from the past! haven't seen it since my Diablo 2 :P
    Lu Tze wrote: »
    I installed the witcher 1 today - is there no gamepad support? My wireless keyboard with touchpad isnt exactly suitable...

Only finding that out meself :P I'd better get used to KB&M; although there's an option for a more 'casual' playstyle (more mouse oriented). I think it's my desk; it's fine for scrolling and clicking but to use it for gaming it's at the wrong height.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

It's a PC game so why would they have a controller option ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,804 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Witcher 1 is part of Onlive's playback bundle along with Deus Ex and the original fallout games Alien V predator (2000) and Stalker. If anyone is stuck with an less than brilliant PC and wants to play them.

Only started Witcher 2 this weekend so awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭mhairt

Played the witcher one with x box controller using this profile
    http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20148
    worked quite well.

mhairt wrote: »
    Played the witcher one with x box controller using this profile
    http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20148
    worked quite well.

Hey bro, what program do i need to install to use this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Typical, local extra vision didn't have it today :mad:

Wanted to trade in some games for it, ended up paying full price in tesco for the one xbox copy they had.

The quest booklet that comes with it is quite substantial but the map is quite small.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can't wait to get stuck into this tonight on the new pc, although with the size of the download i might have to wait till tomorrow. I totally forgot to pre-load the content :(

I need to install it today. Cba now, just back from work and tired as hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I tried playing the Witcher 1 before but my PC nearly had a heart attack. I'm actually thinking of dropping the 10 bucks to give this a go on OnLive. Since I will be streaming the game from a server, can I presume I will be playing on highest graphics settings?

Advertisement