Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Also, GOG are now getting DRM free Ubisoft games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

CD Projekt Red really are all that is good about the gaming industry at the moment. I will not hesitate to buy any of their games in the future tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Oh hell yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i finished witcher 2 a wile ago, but i only now working through witcher 1, i just cant believe how huge and complex it is. It just feels so mature and down to earth. not a fairy tail, but world with real problems like racism, politics, treason etc.

need to finsih it, so i can play witcher 2 one more time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

This is coming out on xbox right? Ok question! I normally really prefer playing the first game of a series if the story is heavily interlinked with the second, is this the case with The Witcher 2?!

Gandalph wrote: »
    This is coming out on xbox right? Ok question! I normally really prefer playing the first game of a series if the story is heavily interlinked with the second, is this the case with The Witcher 2?!

well sort of, but i personally played witcher 2 first ( GOTY for me and in top 3 best games i ever played ), and i am still trying to finish witcher 1, which damn HUGE game!

you get few spoilers in witcher 2, but nothing too major. just play witcher 2 now bud, but i bet that after finishing witcher 2, you will be looking for witcher 1 :D

Thanks man, I am definitely going to play them both as I heard they are amazing but was just wondering would playing number 2 ruin number 1 for me, but if its not really the case then I will just shoot away at which ever one I get first.

Would there be a version of Witcher 1 for macbook does anyone know?

You can watch the recap video, which will answer most questions.

Thanks man, I am definitely going to play them both as I heard they are amazing but was just wondering would playing number 2 ruin number 1 for me, but if its not really the case then I will just shoot away at which ever one I get first.

Would there be a version of Witcher 1 for macbook does anyone know?

there is a promo on steam: witcher 1 for MAC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I have The Witcher 2 v2.0, does the PC Master race get free upgrade to enhanced edition

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Yup PC guys get it on the same day.

Looking forward to playing it again, but want to wait for the extended edition. Looks pretty good, and will be interesting playing it down the other path this time.

Crosáidí wrote: »
    I have The Witcher 2 v2.0, does the PC Master race get free upgrade to enhanced edition

yup, free. this is AWESOME CD Project RED we are talking about! :D

Never really looked at steam before as I am not a pc gamer in the slightest but going to install it now so I can get Witcher 1! This is a very bad idea considering my thesis is due tomorrow, "til the break of dawn yo!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/the_witcher

get it here
    straight from the developers of the game, 9.99 dollars
    no steam needed, just download files and run game

You can pre-load the Enhanced Edition now.

http://en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/178

10gb update?!
    jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Anyone know how much the enhanced edition for Xbox is in GameStop? Saw a poster but forgot to ask about it. :rolleyes: Just wondering if it'd be better to buy from them or from amazon (£31.99).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

anyone know of any shops stocking the Dark Edition for Xbox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

anyone know of any shops stocking the Dark Edition for Xbox?

I think pre-orders must have sold out.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Witcher-2-Dark-Edition-Sells-Out-Xbox-360-41084.html
    The enhanced edition should be available in GameStop. What extras were in the dark edition anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I hope it comes with extra Odrin!

never did find that bastard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Downloading the update now. My mind is boggled as to what could be making it 10GB in size, that's bigger than most games straight out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Anyone know how much the enhanced edition for Xbox is in GameStop? Saw a poster but forgot to ask about it. :rolleyes: Just wondering if it'd be better to buy from them or from amazon (£31.99).

€60 in GS

I think pre-orders must have sold out.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Witcher-2-Dark-Edition-Sells-Out-Xbox-360-41084.html
    The enhanced edition should be available in GameStop. What extras were in the dark edition anyway?

Link for the Dark Edition below,useless crap as usual but I still want it, I believe GAME had the exclusive for it. It may show up somewhere, I hope.

http://buy.thewitcher.com/dark_dev/

Enchanced Edition for Xbox is €49.99 in Smyths, less 10% with a loyalty card. Jervis Street still had some to order today.

http://www.toys.ie/-!122260-prd.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Does the Enhanced Version availible in Smyths come with the quest guidebook & making of dvd?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

• Advertisement

For anyone debating getting this, i can't recommend it enough. It's a fantastic game, and one of the best RPG's of 2011 (along with Skyrim and Dark Souls).

Advertisement