Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

How do you get rid of the ring drag screen lock? It's completely unnecessary if you have a pattern lock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kiddontherun11

anybody here able to use the voucher code in o2 for the One X? cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭ofcork

Hope i dont regret going for the s instead of waiting a week for the x.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Saadyst wrote: »
    Yeah I'm weird like that, did it with the Desire as well.. also make sure never to put it in a pocket with coins / keys etc

Erm...not weird cause I do EXACTLY the same....LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

vibe666 wrote: »
    i hate to (potentially) be the bad news bear, but it looks like there *might* be a bit of an issue with the micro arc oxidation on the back cover, at least on the one s. :(

http://www.talkandroid.com/105340-owners-say-htcs-micro-arc-oxidation-process-on-the-one-s-looks-to-be-flawed/

Wife got a one s 2 days ago. Brought one back cos the speaker didn't work. The second one is a day old and the paint is chipping already! At least HTC are looking into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Just an update on my one x battery life.
    I had it with me in work last night. It was at 100% when leaving home about 6pm, turned bluetooth on and made a couple of calls from the car (about 15 minutes all together) then into work, bluetooth off, wifi off but data on.
    Took another call about 10pm and copied 2gb of music over to the phone. It was on 89% when I finished with that. Busy all night so had been in my pocket untouched all night. I checked it at 7am and it was showing.....89%!
    Drove home with bluetooth on, made a 5 minute call. Into bed by 9am and it was at 84%.

Very happy with its performance so far. Its obvious from the battery graphs that the screen is hammering the battery out of it but I'm sure that'll be sorted when we get proper root and a few good roms :D

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

madmoe wrote: »
    Erm...not weird cause I do EXACTLY the same....LOL
    Well I do the same too, I think it's common sense to take care of your stuff, nothing weird about it. :)

A bit more on topic: you guys who moved to the One X from the Desire, how do you find the mobile/3G signal reception compared to the Desire? I mean, areas you used to get good coverage are patchy now, etc. Any issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

ofcork wrote: »
    Hope i dont regret going for the s instead of waiting a week for the x.
    I'd really stick with the X. In a few month's time, i'd imagine a lot of One S buyers will be feeling buyer's remorse. When there's so little price difference between the midrange product and the flagship, it doesn't make sense to go with the midrange product.
    BeciMester wrote: »
    A bit more on topic: you guys who moved to the One X from the Desire, how do you find the mobile/3G signal reception compared to the Desire? I mean, areas you used to get good coverage are patchy now, etc. Any issues?
    Same as ever tbh. If anything, I now get signal in some areas that had very poor coverage (Such as the basements of TCD...).

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

Good man pamg, thanks :) it was the last thing that kept me from ordering, as the power saver apk fiasco seems to be sorted now. I'll pick up a free SIM from Meteor and see what the signal in my area is like; it's important as I plan to move the missus to Meteor too. If I'm happy I'll order the 1X within the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Same as ever tbh. If anything, I now get signal in some areas that had very poor coverage (Such as the basements of TCD...).

I think you guys are in dream land, I had an Galaxy SG I and it blows the One X away in low signal areas. THis phone is abismal that way! I'm bringing mine back tomorrow to see what can be done!

Also over on XDA Developers there is alot of unrest about the poor signal strenght of this phone!

If I get a solution I will post, but its a real world comparassion, its lacking in a big way!

• Advertisement

I had a Galaxy S1 too and found it to be completely crap in low signal areas in comparison to my Desire.

I had a Galaxy S1 too and found it to be completely crap in low signal areas in comparison to my Desire.

I'm sure you did but this is what I'm gettin now, have the X a week and where I got 3 bars on 3G at home on the SG1 Gingerbread 2.3.5, I now get 1-2 bars on GPRS on the X!

Theres plenty of info on XDA Developers on this very Topic! I really hope theres a fix!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Agree about the signal being crap. Where I an now I always had at least 75% signal but with the One X I am getting 20-40%

I was under the impression that these phones gave 25gb dropbox space. Does this get added automatically or is there something I must do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Agree about the signal being crap. Where I an now I always had at least 75% signal but with the One X I am getting 20-40%

I was under the impression that these phones gave 25gb dropbox space. Does this get added automatically or is there something I must do?
    If you go into your dropbox app and then into the settings menu you will see an option to watch a video about dropbox. Watch it then you should get an email telling you that you have 23gigs extra for the next 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

gpjordanf1 wrote: »

I think you guys are in dream land, I had an Galaxy SG I and it blows the One X away in low signal areas. THis phone is abismal that way! I'm bringing mine back tomorrow to see what can be done!

Also over on XDA Developers there is alot of unrest about the poor signal strenght of this phone!

If I get a solution I will post, but its a real world comparassion, its lacking in a big way!

I'm getting much better reception on my one x than I did with the sensation, poor enough signal where I live but happy enough to say the one x has helped things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I was a bank statement away from getting this earlier.

In carphone warehouse with meteor 329 euro and 12 month contract on 35 euro a month, 200 texts and 200 mins and 1GB of data. Seems good to me although I must ring meteor as I'm pretty sure they said the bill was 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Hows the branding on these going to pick up a one s next week (still debating which network and bill or pre pay). Dont want the phone ruined by logos and crap software installed by the network

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I'd really stick with the X. In a few month's time, i'd imagine a lot of One S buyers will be feeling buyer's remorse. When there's so little price difference between the midrange product and the flagship, it doesn't make sense to go with the midrange product.

Unless you dont need such a big screen :) Some people just prefer the AMOLED screens and a smaller phone :) Its pretty much the reason why I would pick the S over X. Not willing to go with a 4.7" phone again. Its too big for me. I can manage it, I got big enough hands, but 4.3" is the max ill ever go again.

BeciMester wrote: »
    Well I do the same too, I think it's common sense to take care of your stuff, nothing weird about it. :)

He he...will have to continue with this and even more so now as just got a One X....yay :) NO way in hell that back lens is getting scratched!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The future Mrs. Jones' iPhone 4 went for a bath last night and I was shocked to find that she opted for the One X as a replacement today. That screen is ridiculously good, still think white looks far better and I'd rather the power button on the side of the device. One thing I've noticed is that some embedded youtube clips in the browser have been corrupting in the top third.

• Advertisement

I have the s havent had a chance to pick up the x yet to feel the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

ofcork wrote: »
    I have the s havent had a chance to pick up the x yet to feel the difference.
    It's plastic :-) - quite like the back of the desire, and the sides more like the galaxies.

I had another go side by side again today and the form of the S is way nicer in my opinion.

Idleater wrote: »
    It's plastic :-) - quite like the back of the desire, and the sides more like the galaxies.
    IMO, it doesn't feel anything like the Galaxies. The plastic that Samsung used on the S1 and S2 (Much like on the €49 Europa incidentally...) was a horrible, thin, flimsy plastic. The plastic used on the One X is on a different level.

I had a pick of the sensation or the galaxy s2 for my last phone and thought the galaxy plastic felt much flimsier than the sensation althogh that had metal as part of the body,will have to check the x tomorrow.

IMO, it doesn't feel anything like the Galaxies. The plastic that Samsung used on the S1 and S2 (Much like on the €49 Europa incidentally...) was a horrible, thin, flimsy plastic. The plastic used on the One X is on a different level.
    Oh I agree completely. I really didn't like the Samsung plastic feel. Good for aerials and antenna but horrible to touch. The desire was okay, but the aluminium on the s though feels classy.

Oh I agree completely. I really didn't like the Samsung plastic feel. Good for aerials and antenna but horrible to touch. The desire was okay, but the aluminium on the s though feels classy.

So for those with the One X, have you rooted yet and if so what ROM you using? Many benefits? On stock here as only got it yesterday but do you think the auto brightness is a bit too bright??

Cheers,
    M

Right,got a new sim yesterday,but didn't port until last night. So tried it out this morning and I'm afraid no improvement at all in signal. So my advice is if you live in an area that doesn't produce 5 bar HDPSA signal then you might be disappointed with this phone's signal strength. Very disappointed with HTC over this, surely a flag ship phone would have a flag ship aerial/transmitter?

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    Right,got a new sim yesterday,but didn't port until last night. So tried it out this morning and I'm afraid no improvement at all in signal. So my advice is if you live in an area that doesn't produce 5 bar HDPSA signal then you might be disappointed with this phone's signal strength. Very disappointed with HTC over this, surely a flag ship phone would have a flag ship aerial/transmitter?
    I'm in the middle of sticksville at the moment, and the one s signal is 1 bar on occasions otherwise 0. The signal strength is -109 db from the testing screen and the connection is 3g.
    How do those figures compare to you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Got the phone and I have to say it is class! The screen is just magnificent on it. Need to get me a cover for it now.

Very happy to get it on a 12 month contract too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Hey there, for those with the one x any regrets, pros and cons ??
    Cheers.

Advertisement