Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miss Universe has a little secret...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

oh, and considering how many private messages I've gotten oh just about every time I post on a thread like this, yes, there are freakin' loads of guys who'd want to have sex with a transgender woman, they just don't want to admit it publically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Namlub wrote: »
    Well, as a straight female who isn't a big fan of incest, no. But then I'm not the one claiming that the "acid test" of whether a person is truly female is if you'd sleep with them...

Transsexuals arent females. Them having a cock and all. :rolleyes:

You were the one who brought incest up, not me.

Does the taxpayer, via the health service, pick up the tab, if James decides he wants to become Jane?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Yes.
    Obviously "used to have a penis used to have a penis" is going to go through a straight man's head the first time they have sex with a transgender woman, but at the end of the day it works the same way as sex with a woman born as a woman.

There might be some situations where I might choose not to have sex with a transgender woman, I'll admit that, but if I were attracted physically to someone and especially if I made a connection with someone, I'd probably have no problem having sex or entering into a relationship with a transgender woman.

I find it hard to imagine that if most men sat next to a beautiful charming transgender woman who they really clicked with at work, they'd still be disgusted at the idea of kissing them or having sex with them, at least after a while.

Is wanting to have sex with transsexuals the only criterion for accepting transsexuals anyway?
    I could imagine never getting over a hesitation to sleep with a transgender woman, yet still consider transgender people perfectly normal human beings.
    Have you ever actually been faced with the prospect of inserting yoy penis into another mans mutilated inside out penis or is this all hypothetical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Why the quote-marks around the word "facts" just because they're not convenient?

IrishAm wrote: »
    Does the taxpayer, via the health service, pick up the tab, if James decides he wants to become Jane?

people don't just "decide" this

and there's plenty of trans people who are taxpayers, shock horror!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Transsexuals arent females. Them having a cock and all. :rolleyes:

You were the one who brought incest up, not me.
    Because I was pointing out the gaping flaw in your logic, yeah.

And no, they don't have cocks. That would be transvestites.

Wow I genuinely don't care

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

All i am doing is stating my side and how i feel and see things.

I dont mind if no one agrees with me i dont mind if everyone does it wont change anything.

Now you all have your facts and your views and this is what you all believe to be the right thing great fair play.

I dont have facts to back up how i see this unfortunately. So at the end of the day you can feel how ever you like about this i have no problem with that.

But why do so many people feel the need to make me see the light :pac:

One last time for all the people who still dont get it.

I dont see things the same way as you all do and i wont see things any different no matter how many ''facts'' or petty insults people want to throw in.

Because what you're admitting to is prejudice which most people don't like and feel society would be better off without.
    Have you ever actually been faced with the prospect of inserting yoy penis into another mans mutilated inside out penis having sex with a transgender woman or is this all hypothetical?

Not that I'm aware of, which is why I'm careful to qualify my posts on the matter with plenty of "probablies" and "I'd still hesitates" as I can never be sure. I'm just making an educated guess based on my own opinions and the fact that the act would be the same as with any other woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

These.

I dont see Links' sources as entirely unbiased or reliable as she is not a neutral in this debate since she identifies as transgender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Nice to see some recognition for this group of people, its still a group who are struggling for recognition, never mind their full and entitled equal rights.

And going by some of the posts on this thread they have a hard fight ahead of them.

**Sigh** :(:(:(:(:(

Links234 wrote: »
    people don't just "decide" this

and there's plenty of trans people who are taxpayers, shock horror!

They make a decision to undergo treatment, do they not?

Do they undergo the treatment on their own dime, or does the state pick up the tab?

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    Wow I genuinely don't care

I do. Why is the state picking up the tab for peoples vanity projects?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Because what you're admitting to is prejudice which most people don't like and feel society would be better off without.

Theres a lot of things i reckon people feel society would be better off without but wont change much in the end.

No matter what the outcome of this thread will be in the end wont change anything.

I dont see Links' sources as entirely unbiased or reliable as she is not a neutral in this debate since she identifies as transgender.

She didn't write the articles.

As I mentioned earlier, the HSE paid for 14 gender reassignment procedures between 2006 and 2011, a burden I think we can all bear.

Mind you, that's just a fact, so feel free to ignore it.

Why is the state picking up the tab for peoples vanity projects?
    You can't seriously think such an op is like a boob job or botox - you're either just being deliberately provocative or not very sharp. Has it even been confirmed such treatment/operations are state subsidised? At least get confirmation of this before going down THAT route...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Because in the eyes of informed health professionals, it's not a "vanity project".

The state carries out many surgeries to improve people's quality of life. Rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Because its not a vanity project, its a treatment that will make their lives a lot more comfortable. They don't undergo this very long process and painful procedure because they thin they will be beautiful, they are compelled to.

Its just lucky modern medicine can to an extent make their one life a better experience. Do you think this is done lightly. How would you like to have your penis inverted into a false vagina. Think about that, then ask why would someone else want this procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭batistuta9

jumpguy wrote: »
    Because in the eyes of informed health professionals, it's not a "vanity project".

The state carries out many surgeries to improve people's quality of life. Rightly so.

will they/do they pay for people to have lazer surgeries on their eyes?

actually question, not being smart or nothing

*sigh*

as much as I don't want to even dignify someone who think that treatment for a medically recognised condition is "vanity", I would probably guess that the vast majority of trans people pay for treatment themselves, but with those entitled to it getting their medication on the medical card. and considering the very few surgical proceedures that the HSE has payed for (going by what king of moo has said) compared to the population of transgender people, number in the thousands, we can probably assume that the amount of tax paying trans people who can afford their own treatment, vastly outnumber those getting treatment on the medical card. so it's a non-issue.

Dudess wrote: »
    it even been confirmed such treatment/operations are state subsidised? At least get confirmation of this before going down THAT route...

The state pays people to go abroad and undergo treatment, yes.

It costs between 30-60,000 euro. Thats money that could be spent on sick children. They should pay for it themselves.

it even been confirmed such treatment/operations are state subsidised? At least get confirmation of this before going down THAT route...

The state pays people to go abroad and undergo treatment, yes.

It costs between 30-60,000 euro. Thats money that could be spent on sick children. They should pay for it themselves.
    Well at least you acknowledge it's a treatment, not a vanity project.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

batistuta9 wrote: »
    will they/do they pay for people to have lazer surgeries on their eyes?

actually question, not being smart or nothing
    I highly doubt it, first of all eye problems are much more common and quite expensive to fix through laser eye surgery - it's not feasible for the state to pay for it (I dunno if they subsidise it though). Secondly, there is a much cheaper alternative - glasses and contacts, which the state do pay for.

Perhaps if laser eye surgery becomes cheaper or poor vision becomes a rare, exceptional problem (unlikely) the state could pay for it.

Well at least you acknowledge it's a treatment, not a vanity project.

Maybe myself and others should undergo some re-education classes so we can become as enlightened and as right on as yourself.

We could call them gulags.

:pac:

Not right-on, just exercising of critical thought.

It costs between 30-60,000 euro.

No, it doesn't. You can look up how much genital surgery is on some websites...

for example, one of the more expensive surgeons in the US (one of the most expensive places to get this surgery) Christine McGinn, charges $18,500 or roughly €14,000. The HSE will only pay for this surgery from certain clinics, you can't pick and choose where you'd like to go, and they're not paying top dollar either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Maybe myself and others should undergo some re-education classes so we can become as enlightened and as right on as yourself.

We could call them gulags.

:pac:

And we could call them schools, colleges and universities.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

No, it doesn't. You can look up how much genital surgery is on some websites...

I'd say he was looking into getting a few vaginas, dotted around his body - you took him up wrong.

I'm going to bed, this thread is making me feel like this

I'm going to bed, this thread is making me feel like this

Thankfully the neanderthals are in the minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭batistuta9

jumpguy wrote: »
    I highly doubt it, first of all eye problems are much more common and quite expensive to fix through laser eye surgery - it's not feasible for the state to pay for it (I dunno if they subsidise it though). Secondly, there is a much cheaper alternative - glasses and contacts, which the state do pay for.

Perhaps if laser eye surgery becomes cheaper or poor vision becomes a rare, exceptional problem (unlikely) the state could pay for it.

it would improve peoples quality of life as well though

the state don't pay of contacts afaik & the glasses they pay for i'm not sure if there wareable tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Would you ride one?

There are plenty of people I would not ride for a whole range of reasons,
    even if I wouldn't ride them I wouldn't be an ignorant, insensitive arsehole to them.

But honestly there is a minority of 'men' who act that way towards women they don't find attractive for what ever reason so they are in one way, possibly the worst way treating a transgendered woman like they would any woman they say they have no interest in riding.

Advertisement