Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

No sure the banks must be thinking we are owed money.Lets put our own money in to make this place look pretty:DObvisously there wont be any renovations.But it will be open as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Mooley22 wrote: »
    It was in examnership now its in receivership.But its business as usual for the time being

At least with the receivers in it gives the place a fighting chance, it can't be a nice time for anyone working there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 4MWD

Good luck to all the staff in Harveys, Waterford and Mantra, Maynooth with their Examinership having finished and the court appointing Receivers to run them. Hope that some jobs will be saved. Tough times, especially in the pub/club game, in Ireland these days and I think there will be more casualties this year, as it is so hard to even just survive at the moment with the lack of jobs, especially for young people.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Nypd wrote: »
    At least with the receivers in it gives the place a fighting chance, it can't be a nice time for anyone working there.
    Well at the moment we are open as normal and our hours havent changed so just have to keep working away and hope someone buys it and keeps us on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Genuinely wish all the best to the staff at Harveys, hope it pulls through this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

There is to many pubs and clubs for the demand in this town, from what I see the demand is not that big since the recession so the clubs that are adjusting to the times will survive. I have to say Masons has adjusted really well they have the 18-22 group catered for upstairs and the older crowd catered for with the good music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

deisedave wrote: »
    There is to many pubs and clubs for the demand in this town, from what I see the demand is not that big since the recession so the clubs that are adjusting to the times will survive. I have to say Masons has adjusted really well they have the 18-22 group catered for upstairs and the older crowd catered for with the good music.
    and its free in and they do drink offers if ya want em other places should learn from this!!!

and its free in and they do drink offers if ya want em other places should learn from this!!!

Exactly on Harveys facebook there a few days ago people complained about the price of drinks and one of the staff said at least its not normal prices, the drinks were 3.50..... 3.50 should be normal price for a drink the prices that were being charged around 2007 were ridiculous and I think Masons and to an extent the Foundry are doing really good for a reason.

I love live music and have not been in the Forum in a while anybody know what its been like recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

If harveys is not open my car might just not be damaged this year, their is a seventy year old woman living a few doors down and she has had to buy eighteen new wing mirrors in the last few years.

She must really like to know whats coming behind her if she has 18 wing mirrors on her car haha :)

Elbows22 wrote: »
    She must really like to know whats coming behind her if she has 18 wing mirrors on her car haha :)

s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Mick Electric

I love live music and have not been in the Forum in a while anybody know what its been like recently?

Good crowd up there for Jape on Saturday, nice atmosphere. Should be busy this Saturday for the live return of King Kong Company

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JokerNemesis

Elbows22 wrote: »
    In fairness if that was the case then why not use the words "Due to unforseen circumstances" instead of "Due to the recent closure" - Makes sense in my opinion
    Those signs were made up by g power productions.

Those signs were made up by g power productions.

All the one who made them, the venue let them be hung on their walls,
    A petty and shameful move, one wonders is it nice to gloat when jobs may be at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

And you take your life in your hands when you go in there..........No thanks!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 XBubbliBunniX

Hi all...

Im hoping somebody might be able to tell me the masons opening hours.
    I lost my bag in there last night with everything in it and I'm desperate to get it back. I've tried ringing all morning but recieved no answer.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Drop me a pm with your name and a description of the handbag and I'll check it for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 XBubbliBunniX

I just sent you a PM there now...thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Sorted :-). Hope everything is as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Fea.

Anyone know who's playing in the Front Lounge next Sat night?

Would love a night out with some decent music !

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Fea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Fea. wrote: »

You might find something out here :http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Front-Lounge/141003475951646

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Fea. wrote: »

The Fizz Bombs are playing on saturday, heres the line up for feb! https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/425523_271909432875637_100001697479650_665124_1635270082_n.jpg

Out in town friday night and i see the foundry are taking advantage of the FROM €2.50 drinks...........pint & Bottle of bud €7...Vodka sneaking up to €2.90 and red bull up to €3. I wonder will the prices be getting hiked up every few weeks???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Spadzy wrote: »
    Out in town friday night and i see the foundry are taking advantage of the FROM €2.50 drinks...........pint & Bottle of bud €7...Vodka sneaking up to €2.90 and red bull up to €3. I wonder will the prices be getting hiked up every few weeks???
    they prob go up every hour in there during the night to maximise profits as people become more drunk and unaware of what there spending!!! i for one could,nt tell ya how much i pay for a drink in there when i blind drunk and i,m sure i aint the only person!!

they prob go up every hour in there during the night to maximise profits as people become more drunk and unaware of what there spending!!! i for one could,nt tell ya how much i pay for a drink in there when i blind drunk and i,m sure i aint the only person!!

Yeah you are probably right ex_infantry man, sure Harveys got away with it for long enough.
    Well theres a good plan...........just be wasted going in there.....lol!!!

It's been like that since well before Christmas!
    Punters to bladdered to notice

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭YoureSoVain

Wow things have gone VERY quiet here. Personally haven't been out much lately but when I was it was dead. In Kilkenny a couple of weeks ago and everywhere was packed by 9 o clock.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I see that work has resumed on the Muldoons site, saw movement there last week but the builders and scaffolding is in place today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Was just gonna post the same, seems to have been some small clearout over the last week and they got going fully today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

What is supposed to be going in there again? Last i remember was some live music venue. when they open that will be how many late bar options in the city? 11 or 12?

Advertisement