Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW32 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Yeah not getting my hopes up for a clean sheet. Swansea totally changed their tune in the 2nd half.

24 points from my 3 Newcastle players as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭dahat

-Ade- wrote: »
    Not me. My internet crapped out instead an hour before deadline till now -_-

Wanted Cisse in and wanted to change my team starting XI. Gotten so sloppy the last few weeks. Race is run.

Pity mine didn't crap out as i would have had Cisse starting then,jesus i am fair pissed off i tell ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

dahat wrote: »
    Pity mine didn't crap out as i would have had Cisse starting then,jesus i am fair pissed off i tell ya...

tough pill, is he at least 1st sub with a chance of coming in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

That is an outrageous goal from Cisse. What a buy from Pardew. Pure genius.
    Not genius but sensible. The lad was great in germany. Will join the bandwagon soon i think.. Second goal proved what confidence hes in atm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

carlcon wrote: »
    Newcastle are desperate right now at the back. How on earth they're keeping these out is beyond me.
    Have to say its the exact opposite - disciplined, organised and bodies on the line.

Swansea like barca without the penetration. lot of sideways passes - no crosses, no taking on players. just generally playing in front of newcastle and relying on siggys shots. produced absolutely nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Juxtapose wrote: »
    tough pill, is he at least 1st sub with a chance of coming in?

Yeah,off to get a hurley at 1 of my mid's now!!

Yeah,off to get a hurley at 1 of my mid's now!!

haha hopefully someone gets benched!

How come you benched him? He's one of the most in form strikers at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Have to say its the exact opposite - disciplined, organised and bodies on the line.

Swansea like barca without the penetration. lot of sideways passes - no crosses, no taking on players. just generally playing in front of newcastle

How many shots have Swansea had? Krul has been made stretch plenty of times too. The only reason Newcastle are ahead is because of clinical finishing. In my books, bodies on the line and top saves is a result of being pounded, not discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Not genius but sensible. The lad was great in germany. Will join the bandwagon soon i think.. Second goal proved what confidence hes in atm

I know I got a little excited with that comment. I don't think anyone expected him to buy another striker though. Ba was in unreal form up till the ACON. I certainly was expecting him to be the main man when he came back. Clearly not.

• Advertisement

carlcon wrote: »
    How many shots have Swansea had? Krul has been made stretch plenty of times too. The only reason Newcastle are ahead is because of clinical finishing. In my books, bodies on the line and top saves is a result of being pounded, not discipline.
    Clearly they are allowing swansea have the ball in front of them. How many saves has krul had to make? they ve had 7 shots on target - 3/4 of which were pass backs and most were from 20/25 yarders! the one williamson deflected is the only time he was nearly beat. He hasnt had one difficult shot to save. Newcastle havent played well but they ve done exactly what they set out to do - smash and grab.

People have been calling newcastle jammy all season - well funny how it keeps lasting. You cant get into 4th without playing well. Yes they are often under a lot of pressure but they play as a counter attacking team. When they are under pressure they defend well as a unit, block everything and keep teams at a distance. Krul being a super keeper helps too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Happy with that 14 points from Krul and Simpson

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

fail

hopefully they'll have pity on me and award Siggy bonus points for all his shots on target :(

Excellent start to the gameweek. 24 from 3 players with bonus to come for Cisse no doubt.

Krul should get a few BPs yeah?

Cisse 3, Krul 2, Cabaye 1

Hopefully ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Wow lots of peow backing Newcastle to the hilt today...doubling up in Newcastle defender was a bit mad IMO bit looks like people got away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Wow lots of peow backing Newcastle to the hilt today...doubling up in Newcastle defender was a bit mad IMO bit looks like people got away with it.

in fairness it was probly through lack of other options

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Hedged a little there, 2 Swansea (Vorm & Sigg) and 2 Newcastle (Cisse & Simpson). 19 points, with bonuses to come for Cisse. Great start to GW, pulling further ahead in my league where the 2 guys chasing didn't have Cisse, who I drafted in for Ba at 3pm today :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

manual_man wrote: »

in fairness it was probly through lack of other options

Dunno would like to see other people's team to see why Newcastle were a better option today. All the bookies had they as long shots for a result and/or clean sheet.

Looking forward to seeing how regular posters have done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Well when I seen no Sinclair or Graham I thought there'sa big chance of a clean sheet here for Newcaslte so much that I left Taylor & vorm on the bench .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

manual_man wrote: »
    fail

hopefully they'll have pity on me and award Siggy bonus points for all his shots on target :(

Wishful thinking id bet, heart is broken! Would have given anything for Sigurdsson to have popped one in in the dying minutes and ballsed up newcastles CS!

13 points from Cisse, Sigurdsson and Vorm - Nightmare scenario!

Ill take the bonus points for Cisse but two out of 3 above me transfered him in this week too so its irrelevant really!

Most of them above me had Krul in goals too who will no doubt get BPs for his effort today too!

The rest of the wknd had better be nicer to me lol! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I should have played safe and had my Newcastle defender on instead of doubling up on Swansea. Schoolboy error. I've 14 from 4 players, should be 19. My main rival was 32 points ahead of me at the beginning of play, but now I've only 7 players left.

Better to have the points in the bank than to have the players still to play??

Krul will not get bonus points. The new system does not favour keepers.

Dunno would like to see other people's team to see why Newcastle were a better option today. All the bookies had they as long shots for a result and/or clean sheet.

Looking forward to seeing how regular posters have done.
    I cant imagine that too many doubled, but i think most have at least one newcastle defender in their squad.

As a newcastle fan, newcastle are always massively underrated going into any game this season.

While i acknowledge the fact swansea are excellent at home, the bare facts of it are newcastle are a top 6 team whereas swansea are a mid table team. People big up swansea cause they are easy on the eye and its for the opposite reason newcastle are underestimated.

Graham and sinclair were dropped and these are the players that get swansea somewhere - sinclair is the only swansea player who takes people on and grahm gives some ariel threat. We had the team news beforehand.

Luke Moore isnt even a championship player - a truly woeful player and routledge well what can you say.

Anyway newcastle had won 3 coming into it easily beating liverpool. They put up a great performance away to arsenal and have beaten man u (comfortably) amongst other good results this season. The only really bad performance was away to spurs - when pardew got teh tactics wrong and they played ba and cisse both as out and out forwards and got mauled in midfield.

Anyway i suppose im saying no reason they couldnt beat swansea today and had nothing to fear - easy to say after i know!!

But i can see them continuing to be underestimated. It will be a similar performance away to chelsea in few weeks id imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Thanos wrote: »
    Going to gamble on Cisse myself............... :eek:

Well low and behold, my last minute change for captain from Valencia to Cisse looks to have paid off. 20 points with at least 2 (you would think) BP to come so could end on 24 or 26. Happy start to the game week with 6 for Simpson (and 1 for Vorm) things are starting well.......:D

Thanos wrote: »
    Well low and behold, my last minute change for captain from Valencia to Cisse looks to have paid off. 20 points with at least 2 (you would think) BP to come so could end on 24 or 26. Happy start to the game week with 6 for Simpson (and 1 for Vorm) things are starting well.......:D

nice ballsy move, glad it paid off for ya!
    hopefully valencia can outscore papiss still ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

20 points from Krul, Sigurdsson and Cisse. Hopefully a few BP's too. Pretty happy with that so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Alsolute disaster of a start. 3 Swansea players playing and 3 newcastle players (2 CS's & 2 goals benched)

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Alsolute disaster of a start. 3 Swansea players playing and 3 newcastle players (2 CS's & 2 goals benched)

Jeez that's a tough one alright....I feel your pain!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Is this thread for bragging to the world that you had a couple of players playing today that scored points?

30 points after 4 playing today Wowzers :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement