Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW32 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Jeeesus :(. 15 points with 3 Utd & 2 Ars to play... I think this is definitely season's over for me now.

Then I was hoping to focus on my GW13 team who just topped the GW13 league last week. Well I think today is my BIGGEST FAIL EVER ! Schwarzer - BAE / Dempsey / Simpson on the bench and 30 points (which are surely going to be at least 33 after bonii) gone by the window. I don't think my hopes of winning the GW13 league are gonna survive this absolute disaster of a GW.

The conclusion of this season for me is clear and hard to swallow. Absolutely no point of building a balanced 15 men squad. Out of 32 GWs now, I may have had twice or maximum thrice lucky points coming from the bench. So as my bench has been overall useless I should have done like many taking on Ferguson for 3-4-3 or Graham/Holt for 3-5-2, a 3.8 def and only 1 good keeper. I thought Vorm-Schwarzer was the best combination as they rotate very well both for home/away games and tough/easy fixtures over the whole season. Sticking to that initial plan has been a source of constant disillusions for me as Vorm & Schwarzer seem to find it funny doing ****e at home and getting the CS away...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

manual_man wrote: »
    could be inspirational. against Wolves anything is possible

It will need to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

balls jammy goal cmon I need a Shawcross goal now

Huuuuuuuuuuuuth. Shawcross assist :D

With a Crouch assist.

:D

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »

With a Crouch assist.

OK I'll let ya have that one :D

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

I'm absolutely livid with myself. Had probably my best gameweek ever last week with 85 last week, good enough for top 2,000 of the week.

I go and transfer out Dempsey to bring in Mata. I'm expecting 16 from Dempsey and maximum of 8 from Mata. Loss of 8 points.

Put Cisse on the bench as I thought this was the week that Bale would come good. 10 point loss.

Bogdan in goals instead of Mignolet. Loss of 4 points.

Simpson and Kelly sitting pretty on the bench having started them last week. Combined loss of 8 points right there.

That's a total of 30 points ****ed down the drain.

By my calculations, if I hadn't done a thing and left things exactly the way they were last week I'd have 52 points right now with 5 players left to play.

I'm sickened. This is more than likely my money leagues gone down the shítter.

Only thing that can save this week is a Rooney hat trick.

in fairness I can't understand anyone selling or even benching Dempsey, away to Bolton, come on...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm half considering not selling Dempsey now. it'd feel like a sin if I did
    Same here. Have to do major re-assessment tonight

in fairness I can't understand anyone selling or even benching Dempsey, away to Bolton, come on...

What did it for ya?

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »

What did it for ya?

the fact Bolton are sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

FutureGuy wrote: »
    26 with 4 to play. 3 bonus from Dempsey seems to be assured but the last time he scored 2 and was nailed on for 3 bonus, he got 1!

He only scored 1 and had lots of shots off target. Therefore 1 BP. He'll get the 3 this time.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    26 with 4 to play. 3 bonus from Dempsey seems to be assured but the last time he scored 2 and was nailed on for 3 bonus, he got 1!

He only scored 1 and had lots of shots off target. Therefore 1 BP. He'll get the 3 this time.

fingers crossed. still sick I took the captaincy off him. poxy Friday kick off. since when are PL matches on a Friday?!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

He'd didn't have an away goal in 4 months so I didn't think he'd score today, also though Bolton would put up a better performance.

Morricone wrote: »

He'd didn't have an away goal in 4 months so I didn't think he'd score today, also though Bolton would put up a better performance.

well I suppose if you were to on the stats yeah. I still fancied him up front against Bolton though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I hate to say I told you so, but I f*cking told you so. Dempsey is the best midfield goalscorer in the game. End of. I'm amazed people are kicking themselves for dropping him or not starting him..... you should be kicking yourself because you didn't captain him :pac:

A jammy friend of mine saw that I had captained Dempsey the past 3 times he's gotten huge scores so he decided to copy me and get him in this week and captain him. Of course I didn't captain him this week and he's laughing! Rooney needs a hat-trick to make up for this.

Need a Shotton goal. I'm gutted that the first time he starts in ages, he loses a what seemed to be certain clean sheet and is starting at Right back instead of his usually position of right mid!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Brought in Dempsey this week. Way too late to the party but better late than never.

44 points from 8 players and still have Valencia to play as captain. Evans and Van Persie are the other two to play. Hope Valencia tears QPR a new one...

there ya go Irish stew :D

Crouch scores, pennant assist

Com on the Crouchinator!!!

• Advertisement

35 with 4 to play. happy enough. might break 50. hope Rooney has a quiet game though. most have captained him

28 with 5 to play. One of those is my captain so it's not too bad.

Shoulda captained dempsey again :(

1513 have transferred in Sessegnon today. 1382 Dempsey. people are mental. Here's to another Dempsey goal next gw

37 with 3 to play.

Skirtels getting sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

1513 have transferred in Sessegnon today. 1382 Dempsey. people are mental. Here's to another Dempsey goal next gw

Most would probably have their eye on 2 weeks time. Sunderland playing Wolves at home, while Fulham don't play at all. Bringing Dempsey in now is a pretty dumb long-term move. It's great to have him, or have had him over the last few weeks... but at the moment Sess is the better buy of the 2 if you have neither.

I will, regretfully, go ahead with selling Demps this week. He's been some player and a great differential for me, but I think he has to go. His fixtures for the doubles compared to others just isn't good enough. Chelsea and Spurs both have amazing fixtures so Mata, VDV and Bale are all (probably) much better replcaements for him. Spurs have some finish to their season and it can't be ignored. I'll probably end up getting 3 spurs players in in the coming weeks. Mata is also looking very tempting.

Here lads..... guess what? Nani is fit for tomorrow. Let the rotation begin :cool:

carlcon wrote: »

Most would probably have their eye on 2 weeks time. Sunderland playing Wolves at home, while Fulham don't play at all. Bringing Dempsey in now is a pretty dumb long-term move. It's great to have him, or have had him over the last few weeks... but at the moment Sess is the better buy of the 2 if you have neither.

I could understand it next week. but not now. Sunderland have Everton away, which is a very hard place to score. But Sess is one of those 'flair' players that seems to get in a huge amount of transfers even when he doesn't perform. I've noticed it. while Dempsey seems to go under peoples radars and get relatively little transfers in, even when he's performing magnificently. I understand about gw34, I'm considering getting Sess myself, but to do it this week with an away trip to Everton is a bit thick tbh I think (cue a goal there for him now). Not complaining really, coz Dempsey has become a bit of a 'differential', being only the top scoring bloody midfielder and all :D

The one thing about Dempsey though, he was playing up front today, yeah? Well he usually doesn't, he usually on the wing. I think today was a once off and with him on the wing for the rest of the season and with tough enough fixtures, he won't do much more. I'd like to see him do more because he's become a favourite player of mine, outside of FF.... but I don't think so. Maybe 3 goals for the rest of the season.

I've said this every week for the past 4 weeks and I'll say it again this week......... Man united better keep a clean sheet tomorrow! I've been banking on my 2 United defenders to save me every single week for the past 4 weeks, and it's happened every week. I'm fearing that 5 clean sheets in a row is too much to ask of them but QPR at home should be a certain clean sheet, right? RIGHT??

FatRat wrote: »
    The one thing about Dempsey though, he was playing up front today, yeah? Well he usually doesn't, he usually on the wing. I think today was a once off and with him on the wing for the rest of the season and with tough enough fixtures, he won't do much more. I'd like to see him do more because he's become a favourite player of mine, outside of FF.... but I don't think so. Maybe 3 goals for the rest of the season.

I've said this every week for the past 4 weeks and I'll say it again this week......... Man united better keep a clean sheet tomorrow! I've been banking on my 2 United defenders to save me every single week for the past 4 weeks, and it's happened every week. I'm fearing that 5 clean sheets in a row is too much to ask of them but QPR at home should be a certain clean sheet, right? RIGHT??

you have a point. but while Johnson's out injured he's the preferred choice (even with Pog) up front for me. I think he could sneak another goal against Chelsea, they'll be pretty tired their 3rd game in less than a week... maybe I'm asking too much :D

I'll probably transfer him out after next week. and put a shrine to him in my back garden. even better than the one they have outside Craven Cottage of Wacko Jacko

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I could understand it next week. but not now. Sunderland have Everton away, which is a very hard place to score. But Sess is one of those 'flair' players that seems to get in a huge amount of transfers even when he doesn't perform. I've noticed it. while Dempsey seems to go under peoples radars and get relatively little transfers in, even when he's performing magnificently. I understand about gw34, I'm considering getting Sess myself, but to do it this week with an away trip to Everton is a bit thick tbh I think (cue a goal there for him now). Not complaining really, coz Dempsey has become a bit of a 'differential', being only the top scoring bloody midfielder and all :D

One of the toughest decisions to sell Dempsey last night but Walcott should do very well over the next 2 games. After that, will get Demps back in I think for the DGW even though the fixtures aren't great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement