Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW32 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Dunno would like to see other people's team to see why Newcastle were a better option today. All the bookies had they as long shots for a result and/or clean sheet.

Looking forward to seeing how regular posters have done.

Was the same against Liverpool last week. They were 9/4 against Pool, who lets face it should never have been favorites if you had considered recent form.

Anyway I consider it a good thing, chance to make some money off the bookies and a chance to pick up a few points on those following mainstream media alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

all I need this week is a Rooney missed peno. and an Al Habsi saved peno and a clean sheet. not asking too much

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Was the same against Liverpool last week. They were 9/4 against Pool, who lets face it should never have been favorites if you had considered recent form.

Anyway I consider it a good thing, chance to make some money off the bookies and a chance to pick up a few points on those following mainstream media alone.

I'm not following mainstream media alone man, and bookies aren't in it to made losses. All predictions for the game also stated that Swansea would at least score, and I felt that Swansea would score. There was a reason why Newcastle were poor odds to keep a clean sheet, and they were lucky to do so.

Liverpool are clearly struggling defensively without Agger and I won a nice chunk of change after that result.

The only player I felt that warranted a start today was Cisse. I had Krul, Ba and Santon and decided the first 2 weren't worth a start and Santon had lost his place and might come on for a minute like last week.

Ah well, onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

The only player I felt that warranted a start today was Cisse. I had Krul, Ba and Santon and decided the first 2 weren't worth a start and Santon had lost his place and might come on for a minute like last week.

Ah well, onwards and upwards.

Agree with you there. I left Sigurdson and Taylor on the bench. I played simpson at the back as it was going to be either a toss up between himself and Taylor and felt that Newcastle would at least nick one with the form Newcastle are in. Benching Cisse today would have been a sin. Into the top 100 in Ireland which was my goal a few weeks ago so I'm happy enough with my state of affairs!.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Left Krul on the bench myself, gutted

but at least Cisse produced the goods

13 points from 3 players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

3 played. 2 points.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

irish-stew wrote: »
    3 played. 2 points.

2 played, 2 points..and I thought playing Vorm over Krul was the way to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Dunno would like to see other people's team to see why Newcastle were a better option today. All the bookies had they as long shots for a result and/or clean sheet.

I have Krul and Vorm so I double up on Newcastle or Swansea depending on fixtures. Didn't particularly expect a Newcastle clean sheet but definitely wasn't going to gamble on a Swansea CS with the form that Cisse is in. Was just one of those weeks where it worked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Spurs team v Sunderland: Friedel; Walker, Gallas, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Parker, Modric, Sandro; Van der Vaart, Adebayor, Bale #THFC #SPURS” 

Sunderland: Mignolet, Bardsley, Colback, Kilgallon, Turner, Larsson, McClean, Cattermole, Gardner, Sessegnon, Bendtner.” 

3-0 to Spurs Assou Ekotto overhead kick Bale two assists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

10-10.........Bale and Sess to get the lot.........reckon that Cisse double yesterday will haunt me forever so need a tonic badly!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I love people who take point hits. It makes my job so much easier. One of the lads in my league is currently on -1 points. He took the 4 point hit and only got 3 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I love people who take point hits. It makes my job so much easier. One of the lads in my league is currently on -1 points. He took the 4 point hit and only got 3 yesterday.

ha ha
    like me so
    he got in ben arfa with someone else (bendt in my case)

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

18 points off 2 players so far (without bps). Was very last minute in deciding to punt Krul instead of Vorm (took out caulker too)

McClean and Bale to score/assist and a Cahill clean sheet would be the best start to a gw ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Not expecting it, but a clean sheet for Spurs would go a long way to making up for the disaster of backing 3 Swansea players and benching Simpson yesterday.

mailburner wrote: »
    ha ha
    like me so
    he got in ben arfa with someone else (bendt in my case)

Well this is a regular occurrence for him. He's well used to it by now. His last 7 weeks point hits wise have gone 8, 0, 4, 12, 8, 4, 4. I haven't taken a single one. And he wonders why I'm beating him by 86 points.

Ooh, BAE just shaves the post and hits a decent shot wide. Argh!

Assou so close :eek:

Assou Messi one way and then the other :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

irish-stew wrote: »
    3 played. 2 points.

Thats made me feel slightly better about yesterdays points so...:P
    manual_man wrote: »
    3-0 to Spurs Assou Ekotto overhead kick Bale two assists

Wouldn't that be nice!! If BAE could bang one in i wouldnt even mind McClean sending 1 home either for a nice start to the day!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Brought Adebayor in this week instead of Cisse. Come on Ade! Get me some points :(

I guess the first half wasn't too bad. Points from BAE are worth a lot more to me than points from Bale, so still very much hoping for that clean sheet.

BBC reporting Terry, Lampard, and Cole *may* all be left out today. I know there was news of this yesterday, but I like to wait until the BBC confirms it on match day.

Fingers crossed that's good news for Mata.

carlcon wrote: »
    BBC reporting Terry, Lampard, and Cole *may* all be left out today. I know there was news of this yesterday, but I like to wait until the BBC confirms it on match day.

They're really covering their backs with that statement. Di Matteo said yesterday that Terry and Cole were out. Lampard might make it I think. He has a dead leg though.

We'll wait and see.

They're really covering their backs with that statement. Di Matteo said yesterday that Terry and Cole were out. Lampard might make it I think. He has a dead leg though.

We'll wait and see.

To be fair to them, when the commentator said it, he mostly highlighted Lampard as the "news" part of it. He was just being "as a matter of fact" about the other two. I just didn't type it up that way.

Holy Jebus!

BAE cross onto Bale's head, should have hit the target. Would have been the perfect outcome.

Only 4 players who started in the CL during the week start for Chelsea today. Thankfully, Mata is one.

Also; Thank goodness Sandro has been taken off by Harry. He was bound to get sent off.

Chelsea: Cech; Ivanovic, David Luiz, Cahill, Bertrand; Essien, Meireles; Sturridge, Mata, Malouda; Drogba (c).

Apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Norwich (vs Everton): Ruddy, R. Martin, Drury, Holt (c), Surman, Hoolahan, Fox, E. Bennett, Ward, Howson, R. Bennett

Everton (vs Norwich): Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Gibson, Cahill, Neville, Gueye, Pienaar, Jelavic

Villa (vs Liverpool): Given, Hutton, Collins, Baker, Lichaj, Herd, Bannan, Ireland, Warnock, Agbonlahor, Heskey

Liverpool (vs Villa): Doni, Flanagan, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique, Shelvey, Henderson, Gerrard, Kuyt, Suarez, Downing

Chelsea (vs Wigan): Cech; Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill, Bertrand; Essien, Meireles; Sturridge, Mata, Malouda; Drogba

Wigan (vs Chelsea): Al Habsi, Alcaraz, McCarthy, Figueroa, Caldwell, Di Santo, Maloney, Moses, McArthur, Boyce, Beausejour

West Brom (vs Blackburn): Foster; Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; Dorrans, Andrews, Mulumbu, Brunt; Odemwingie, Fortune

Blackburn (vs WBA): Robinson, Lowe, Hanley, Dann, Martin Olsson, N'Zonzi, Dunn, Orr, Hoilett, Pedersen, Yakubu

Bolton (vs Fulham): Bogdan, Ricketts, Wheater, Ream, Alonso, Reo-Coker, Pratley, M Davies, Petrov, Ryo, Ngog

Fulham (vs Bolton): Schwarzer, Kelly, Riise, Hangeland, Ruiz, Duff, Hughes, Diarra, Dempsey, Dembele, Kacaniklic

• Advertisement

Stupid yellow for BAE. This game is awful to watch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement