Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

MrMatisse wrote: »
    If Irish people did not bother to pay their tax in the U.S. and break U.S. law they would know all about it.

We don't live in the USA, so this is irrelevant.
    People come on here and moan about the government. Most of the freeloaders who wont pay this pay fu*k all tax anyway.

Lol
    Hopefully the continuing recession kicks them out of the country but since they wouldnt get lots of handouts elsewhere they will probably stay here

your just a delight to have around, bet you get invited to all the parties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

If Irish people did not bother to pay their tax in the U.S. and break U.S. law they would know all about it.

People come on here and moan about the government. Most of the freeloaders who wont pay this pay fu*k all tax anyway.

Hopefully the continuing recession kicks them out of the country but since they wouldnt get lots of handouts elsewhere they will probably stay here.

Ah yes, the good old USA. What a shining example to bring up.

A warmongering country, who's administration only starts wars to protect the rights of people in country's that are 'oil rich' while completely ignoring the wrongdoings of others.

The freeloaders? Do you mean renters and people who are given a house by the state for a couple of quid per week?

Maybe the recession will also 'kick out' our welfare tourists who come here to screw our system too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Hopefully the continuing recession kicks them out of the country but since they wouldnt get lots of handouts elsewhere they will probably stay here

There`s just one problem Ted, its a big step, and where are we going to get the guns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

gurramok wrote: »

So yes, I am a renter and intend to buy in the future, this i've broadcast on boards over numerous posts before. And yes I will pay a property tax when it comes, I feel its my civic duty to help my country in a time of need.

You are telling us to pay something you are not paying yourself.
    You are not helping your country we are helping our country while you are exempt from paying.
    Do you feel it's my civic duty to help while others get the same benefits without paying anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

First of all this is IRELAND, so if you are so enamoured with the US of A why dont you go and stay there

secondly both my wife and I work, and there is no way I am going to pay a tax for something that I already own. The council do not even look after where I live, I pay my taxes as it is, we run two cars on c rap roads that we are already paying over and above as regards road tax, we like others are struggling to pay our mortgage every month, some *?&%& in Anglo Irish is earning over 800k a year including over 200k in bonus payments, while we the tax payer are bailing them out.

Thirdly, why should we pay extra for local services that have been mis managed for as long as they have existed? Maybe if these local councils had less money they would make sure that the money they spend was not squandered like it is at present. The local councils are no better than the HSE in the way they treat money. Maybe instead of laughing at 6 council workers standing around looking into a hole in future, we might stop and ask their supervisors what the ?&*£ they are doing wasting our money.

Not only will more than 50% of the nation not pay this tax, I also think that the treaty referendum will also fail. People are sick of the way we are being treated by yet another c rap government, "sorry people we made a mistake, and we are really sorry but you the people have to pay for it"

As for the new line "Ireland pays it debts" FFS thats great Enda, talk is cheap, especially when its us thats paying for it, not you :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Its the law, you cant whinge your way out of complying with the law.

Less that 2 quid a week FFS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Let see when FG are forced to reveal the REAL figures as to how many people actually did pay the household charge.

I love how these figures suddenly artificialy jump over overnight and we then have big Phil on radio PLEADING with the people of Ireland to abide by the law (Yep FG never break laws and break rules and blow tax payers money).

What,no more actual threats then Phil??

You are trying to Mr Nice Guy approach now in a desperate bid to con people out of 100 euro.
    Well actually 103 euro as you stated that people can pay via postal order.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have you run out of lame threats and excuses now????

Give me a break Phil,and stop kidding yourself too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Ends isn't making us pay it. Its Europe , they have him on strings like a puppet. He is powerless and we are heading for a one government Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

There'd be riots on the streets in the US over this. That's the reality. Making a country pay up to put it's citizens on their knees before the coddled bankers .

Obama care is causing chaos over there at the minute.
    Town hall meetings called to discuss proposed health care legislation turned violent Thursday, with a meeting in Tampa, Fla., descending into shouting and one in St. Louis ending in arrests.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/07/health-care-town-halls-turn-violent-tampa-st-louis/#ixzz1qgvTh3fN

Non payment of tax should result in cancelation of welfare.

Lets see how brave people are then, when the handouts stop.

• Advertisement

I have stated numerous times I would pay it if they left it at €100 for the next five years. I have no idea how much they will want me to pay next year and the year after and so on.
    It's ok saying it's only €100 but we all know it will be a lot more than this in the future. Lets face it they will give us nothing in return for our money.

squod wrote: »
    There'd be riots on the streets in the US over this. That's the reality. Making a country pay up to put it's citizens on their knees before the coddled bankers .

Obama care is causing chaos over there at the minute.

Em no Obama care isnt.

If the IRS brought in a 120 dollar tax charge, there would be no riots.

hondasam wrote: »
    I have stated numerous times I would pay it if they left it at €100 for the next five years. I have no idea how much they will want me to pay next year and the year after and so on.
    It's ok saying it's only €100 but we all know it will be a lot more than this in the future. Lets face it they will give us nothing in return for our money.

Apart from gardai, teachers, street lighting.

You dont pick or choose which laws you comply with.

TURRICAN wrote: »
    Ends isn't making us pay it. Its Europe , they have him on strings like a puppet. He is powerless and we are heading for a one government Europe.

Lenihan spouted the same garbage when he hijacked the place in 2008.

You dont pick or choose which laws you comply with.

sorry don't understand your post.

Em no Obama care isnt.

If the IRS brought in a 120 dollar tax charge, there would be no riots.

Because they'd get something for their money. You insist on comparing chalk with cheese. Troll on...........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

So how come 2 months ago FF (Micheal Martain) proved and also the IMF spoke out and said this too.....that its up to FG/Labour to bring in what ever taxes/plans they feel like.

The EU/IMF have no say in it what so ever (accoerding to them at a press conference),thats it is FG/labours own decision to do this.

But now suddenly FG are trying to claim that they are being FORCED to do this.

Same lame excuse with the 3 billion bond payments too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Green tea on RTE radio 1 right now taking the utter mick out of Phil Hogan...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

657,000 + is latest tally of those who paid...

squod wrote: »
    Because they'd get something for their money. You insist on comparing chalk with cheese. Troll on...........

Yep llike two major wars in ten years.

Hardly a troll.

You comply with the law. I dont like my taxes going on the section of society that has lived on welfare their whole life and dont care, but I dont object to pay over it as its the law.

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »
    sorry don't understand your post.

Suggest remedial reading classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Non payment of tax should result in cancelation of welfare.

Lets see how brave people are then, when the handouts stop.

I took gerry adams side on this,cap public sector pay at 100k.Apparently you would raise double than the current charge will.But the greedy fuks want to raise it next year.
    Everyone in my family has stuck two finger up at the government on this one.Oh and none of us are on the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

If you are that worried that I am going to break the law, why dont you pay for me as well then?

By the way, where is the law thats going to jail the people who scammed this country for the last 30 years, where the law thats going to jail the likes of pee flynn or the 20 plus government officials that took money corruptly,

who makes these laws?

What you are missing Mr Matiisse is that this is Ireland, not the US of A, not England, Italy, France or Germany. The mindset in most European countries is to rent, not to own property. In Ireland the Mindset is to OWN your property, its inbuilt into our DNA, so yes, I take offence to be asked to pay a tax on something that I already own, I also take offence that we are being asked to pay extra for local services, because the same government cut their budget to pay debts that they feel they have to pay to Europe, I take offence that these same councils squander money on a regular basis, I take offence that they are asking me to pay more for something that they dont even supply to me at present.

By the way if people did not break unjust laws in the past in this country then there would be no Irish Republic today.

paddy147 wrote: »

So how come 2 months ago FF (Micheal Martain) proved and also the IMF spoke out and said this too.....that its up to FG/Labour to bring in what ever taxes/plans they feel like.

The EU/IMF have no say in it what so ever (accoerding to them at a press conference),thats it is FG/labours own decision to do this.

But now suddenly FG are trying to claim that they are being FORCED to do this.

Same lame excuse with the 3 billion bond payments too.

Who do you believe?

drdeadlift wrote: »
    I took gerry adams side on this,cap public sector pay at 100k.Apparently you would raise double than the current charge will.But the greedy fuks want to raise it next year.
    Everyone in my family has stuck two finger up at the government on this one.Oh and none of us are on the dole.

How are you on SF borrowing printer cartriges 50K's worth from the taxpayer mr sf supporter?

How brave, Im not paying my tax because I dont want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Today is the day !!

So who paid and who didn't ?

I didn't pay any way.. A lot of old people who bullied into paying

And after or fine minister tell us get a life well that's just icing On the cake

If you are that worried that I am going to break the law, why dont you pay for me as well then?

By the way, where is the law thats going to jail the people who scammed this country for the last 30 years, where the law thats going to jail the likes of pee flynn or the 20 plus government officials that took money corruptly,

who makes these laws?

What you are missing Mr Matiisse is that this is Ireland, not the US of A, not England, Italy, France or Germany. The mindset in most European countries is to rent, not to own property. In Ireland the Mindset is to OWN your property, its inbuilt into our DNA, so yes, I take offence to be asked to pay a tax on something that I already own, I also take offence that we are being asked to pay extra for local services, because the same government cut their budget to pay debts that they feel they have to pay to Europe, I take offence that these same councils squander money on a regular basis, I take offence that they are asking me to pay more for something that they dont even supply to me at present.

By the way if people did not break unjust laws in the past in this country then there would be no Irish Republic today.

And what a loss that would have been

Suggest remedial reading classes.

You are clever.
    I assume you are saying my €100 is going to pay for Gardai. Teachers and lighting. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cicero wrote: »
    657,000 + is latest tally of those who paid...

So scaremongering does kinda work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

All that for €160 million a year? What a bargain!
    Now, if we could just get the rest of the PS for another €160 million, we'd be laughing.
    What a foolish post!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement