Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

lugha wrote: »
    But the point about motor tax is that some money (quite a bit in fact) is collected from motorists, which is not for the purpose of maintenance. Thus we already have a situation where people pay ongoing tax, despite having paid a whooping amount of tax at the time of purchase, for private property (in the sense of possessions) which is not being used for maintenance. So I fail to see the distinction.

So, increase my motor tax by €2 euro a week, no problem.

Stay the **** away from the roof over my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

paddy147 wrote: »
    Has Marian Finucan not just been hit with a 30% pay cut??;):D

So she will naturally have an axe to grind,and a personal agenda to push now.

Inpartial me hole.

Would her axe to grind not be with the Government then since they cut her wages?
    Yep,just like the chap who absolutely humiliated the gardai and county sherrif at the gates of his house.

Both the gardai and sherrif hadnt a clue of the actual law,and were left to walk off with their tails between their legs.:D:D

On youtube too.;)

Did him a lot of good as well. :pac:

how many have borrowed their way out?

How many, at the same time took all bank debts and turned them into sovereign debt??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

how many have borrowed their way out?

How many have "taxed" their way out,thats what I said,so why dont you stick to what I said.

And not what you want to try and push.

So tell me how many have TAXED their way out of a recession then,please do tell me.????

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Yep,just like the chap who absolutely humiliated the gardai and county sherrif at the gates of his house.

Both the gardai and sherrif hadnt a clue of the actual law,and were left to walk off with their tails between their legs.

The county sherrif was acting and doing his work illegaly,yet he hadnt a bloody clue,and the house owner had to point it out to him.

Talk about being humiliated and put in your place,and on video camera too,for the whole world to see.....:D:D

On youtube too.;)

The egg is on your face now dude as the house was since repossessed! Fail is no longer applying to them but now to the silly protestors and fools who believed them!

• Advertisement

How many have "taxed" their way out,thats what I said,so why dont you stick to what I said.

So tell me how many have TAXED their way out of a recession thern,please do tell me.????

You won't get an answer, francis and dv are the masters of deflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

not one mention of non payment on the rte web site
    go public broadcasting - did enda put a call in maybe ??

the largest civil non payment if tax in the states history and not one mention ?

keep that up rte and we shall stop paying for your sh1ye service next

Sully wrote: »
    The egg is on your face now dude as the house was since repossessed! Fail is no longer applying to them but now to the silly protestors and fools who believed them!

I hope that makes you happy.

gerryo777 wrote: »
    You won't get an answer, francis and dv are the masters of deflection.

Well,I will leave them to it so,to come up with some more bullsh1t posting then,when they take their noses out of Endas backside.

Becasue Im off out to spend my "100 euro" on a nice afternoon meal and a bit of shopping now.:D

Best Regards.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

So, increase my motor tax by €2 euro a week, no problem.

Stay the **** away from the roof over my head.
    The poster I replied to was implying that we should not pay a tax on a personal possession (i.e. a home) as that tax is not being used to maintain that personal possession. The state of affairs in terms of how we implement motor tax clearly shows that this is not a philosophy we adhere to in tax matters.

If you want to make a different argument for not taxing the home ….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

It just goes to show that yet again we have a government that has no concept of reality or any link whatsoever to the ordinary joe soap.

First we have mr hogan and his bully boy tactics, now we have Mr shatter and his "get a life" quote aimed at todays protesters at the household charge.

What makes me laugh, is that we have a minister of justice, who when he took up the post, his wife was done for drunk driving. Can anyone see the irony. Did she have to kill someone while she was driving around drunk for him to see that he could not take up the post as Minister for Justice, "ahh, she made a mistake, very sorry and all that, tally ho"

Where is Mrmatisse and his views on law breaking when you need him?

these people have no clue whatsoever, they are bluffing it big time.

We are long past the false promises, now we are in the mire, God help us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

So tell me how many have TAXED their way out of a recession then,please do tell me.????

You don't think any country has increased tax revenue raising measures in combination with spending cuts and growth stimulus packages?

How strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

on a tangent when the media reported alan shatter saying people should "Get a life"

am i the only one that thought he should "get a house alarm !"

:D

on a tangent when the media reported alan shatter saying people should "Get a life"

:D;)

Well,I will leave them to it so,to come up with some more bullsh1t posting then,when they take their noses out of Endas backside.

Becasue Im off out to spend my "100 euro" on a nice afternoon meal and a bit of shopping now.:D

Best Regards.:)

Charming.

I'd suggest you educate yourself on the measures Argentina took to deal with their financial crisis in the early noughties. There's plenty of reading material a mere google search away.

Now, if you excuse me, I need to reinsert my nose in Enda's arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I'm sure he has one, does he not have gardai at his house?

How many, at the same time took all bank debts and turned them into sovereign debt??

Well Gerry, if you want to go down the road of Ireland being in a unique position, it does rather undermine poor Paddy's point in comparing us to other countries now doesn't it?

Charming.

I'd suggest you educate yourself on the measures Argentina took to deal with their financial crisis in the early noughties. There's plenty of reading material a mere google search away.

If you are in the NCC I'd say you wll have to take your place in the queue, while you are waiting to insert your nose, maybe you could help remove Phil Hogans head from his arse and if check if Mrs Shatter is driving today and take the car keys off of her, just incase she decides to drive home after a couple of tipples of sherry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

psychward wrote: »
    Lone Stone wrote: »
    Its a sad day when you think your government is actually trying to deceive you.

Government actually has a solid track record of deception.

Wouldn't really say deception, I'd say more propaganda,well maybe both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭howsyourtusk

Kind of sad to see someone take such glee from the fact someone is now homeless. Sad state of apathy some people on boards exist in :(

• Advertisement

Charming.

Yep,theres plenty of reading allright,and theres plenty of reading for you to tell your "Bum Chum" Enda where hes going wrong too,even when you are both still in denial.:rolleyes:

One should practice what one preaches,eh?

Im off to enjoy my steak dinner and shopping.

Hope endas ar5e tastes nice.
    Because he must have a big ar5e to fit such a big head in it though.

Dont forget to wash your hands and wipe your mouth clean when you come back out.

Try to have a good day.

Yep,theres plenty of reading allright,and theres plenty of reading for you to tell your "Bum Chum" Enda where hes going wrong too,even when you are both still in denial.:rolleyes:

One should practice what one preaches,eh?

Im off to enjoy my steak dinner and shopping.

Hope endas ar5e tastes nice.
    Because he must have a big arse to fit such a big head in it though.

Dont forget to wash your hands and wipe your mouth clean whcn you come back out.

Great comeback Paddy, presume that's an admission that you actually didn't know what you were talking about regarding your earlier post?

A little bit more background reading before posting your I'll-judged economic *ahem* theories, well stop you looking so uneducated in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭zega

Shenshen wrote: »
    It's €100, that's around €8.33 a month.

I'm finding it absolutely baffling how people can get worked up over this, yet will happily spend as much on a single drink on a night out....

Get a grip. Seriously.

I think alot of people who are opposed to it know it's gonna be the thin end of the wedge and will most likely rise and rise and rise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Heaven forbid something terrible like a house repossession should ever happen to you sully. :rolleyes:

Sad to see someone take delight in another persons misfortune.

Dude.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

zega wrote: »
    I think alot of people who are opposed to it know it's gonna be the thin end of the wedge and will most likely rise and rise and rise.

Indeed it will.

...And as long as the shower of useless fcukts in Dublin procrastinate over going after much bigger fish that has screwed this country for million - maybe billions? - it can go fcuk itself!

I am still not paying. Fcuk Fine Gael and fcuk Labour!

Just to ask a question and excuse my ignorance but if enough people don't pay the charge it won't be cost effective to make them pay it through legal means yes?

So as some people suggest you will see the government attempt to make up the shortfall another way most likely through increasing other tax. Won't that mean that people who have paid the tax will essentially be covering the cost, at least partially, for the people who for whatever reason didn't pay it? Or what do people think will happen?

I also reckon there will be a lot of last day payments made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

gurramok wrote: »
    The tax says it pays for libraries and parks, they are not under the scope of your management company.

If that's the case, why are those living in unfinished housing estates exempt from paying? Will they not benfit from libraries and parks?

Great comeback Paddy, presume that's an admission that you actually didn't know what you were talking about regarding your earlier post?

A little bit more background reading before posting your I'll-judged economic *ahem* theories, well stop you looking so uneducated in the future.

Sure you have a got a bloody clue,with all your posting and pedal pusghing for Enda.

"Lies make baby jesus cry".

Eh Enda???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So how many lies has Enda told us then since last year??

All that he is doing is for the good of this country??

When allmost every other economist says its not and loading us with so much debt that we will never escape it.

Bailout number 2 and number 3 will be on the way soon,

Will Enda finally cop on when he is lynched by angry protestors when they quite possibly storm the Ard Fheis tonight or else Leinster House???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Kind of sad to see someone take such glee from the fact someone is now homeless. Sad state of apathy some people on boards exist in :(
    Ghandee wrote: »
    Heaven forbid something terrible like a house repossession should ever happen to you sully. :rolleyes:

Sad to see someone take delight in another persons misfortune.

Dude.

I think his post was aimed at the protesters more than the home owner losing his home.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Sacramento wrote: »
    ...Won't that mean that people who have paid the tax will essentially be covering the cost, at least partially, for the people who for whatever reason didn't pay it?

In case you don't know already, the government is taking 170 million yearly from funding for the councils - and already by this tax, asking the public to cough up 160 million of it!
    They are doing right now what you say, some of the public might have to do later!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement