Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 - 1000 mile challenge - How far have you run since Jan 1st?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Second longest run of the year there for me. 13km - 2 laps around Hyde Park
    in London.

Then did a gentle 4 mile cycle home. Is that a good way to warm down after a run?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Updated my miles in the locked sheet AND the "enter distance here" sheet and now I'm in the positions sheet twice :rolleyes: Could someone sort/ delete/ whatever for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

littlebug wrote: »
    Updated my miles in the locked sheet AND the "enter distance here" sheet and now I'm in the positions sheet twice :rolleyes: Could someone sort/ delete/ whatever for me?

deleted you from the open sheet

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I saw the message this morning but then forgot to fix it before heading out, thanks for fixing that RayCun. No running miles for me today, but I'm totally knackered from doing 57miles on the bike, doesn't help that I've not been on the bike in many months. Was a lovely day for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Just completed my highest mileage week in 28 years - 65.3 miles to rocket up to 41st place :p

• Advertisement

Ray Lanigan first one over the 1000 - 1013 miles as of yesterday? this morning?
    Very impressive, great running.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

RayCun wrote: »
    Ray Lanigan first one over the 1000 - 1013 miles as of yesterday? this morning?
    Very impressive, great running.

:eek:

He should be locked up! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

A round of applause from me. 11th March? Outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

I think somebody has something against me as its the second time I've been deleted off the list :eek::rolleyes:

Also well done ray!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Incredible training Ray, well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Ray, astounding achievement!

Robin, there should be a date in the "completion date" column in the positions sheet. It's fine in the entry and "copy" sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭Trampas

haven't ran in nearly 3 weeks now since I have tear in my mcl.

hopefully back in a week or so

I'm competing against that '1000 mile estimate date' column these days, trying to drag it back into May. Down to June 4 now, from June 10 (?) a couple of weeks ago...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm competing against that '1000 mile estimate date' column these days, trying to drag it back into May. Down to June 4 now, from June 10 (?) a couple of weeks ago...

Agreed, that date column is great. That and trying to beat Woddle are my main motivations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

how am i getting up so high on the table?! is this because ppl are only using the locked sheet now? if that's not the case, cmon lads, i'm only a young one, yaz should be schooling me in the mileage :p

roseybear wrote: »
    how am i getting up so high on the table?!

You're running a lot :)
    The locked sheet also feeds into the Positions sheet, and you're 23rd overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

roseybear wrote: »
    cmon lads, i'm only a young one:p
    Running is easier for young ones. Oldies have to work harder. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

And Im back. Ya miss me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Stanley Devastating

300 miles since the 16th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Well done to T runner, second person to 1000 miles on the 21st, very impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭corkrunner71

Really impressive mileage. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I'm competing against that '1000 mile estimate date' column these days

phew... just pulled myself back into 2012 ! :D

Just got myself up into the top 40. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

robinph wrote: »
    Just got myself up into the top 40. :D

hmmm if I update Robinph goes down a place :D

^ Damn it.

I thought I'd got ahead of you, but seems that you are being sneaky and storing up your miles. <grrr>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

robinph wrote: »
    ^ Damn it.

I thought I'd got ahead of you, but seems that you are being sneaky and storing up your miles. <grrr>

In the words of Nelson

Hah hahh

Woddle wrote: »
    In the words of Nelson

Hah hahh

I thought it was "Kiss me Hardy"? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Made my overdue update, 2 45K+ weeks in a row has my ETA inside the first half of 2013. Connemara Half to look forward to this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

littlebug wrote: »
    phew... just pulled myself back into 2012 ! :D

First time i got into 2012 completion for 1000, i can't slack off now!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Younganne wrote: »
    First time i got into 2012 completion for 1000, i can't slack off now!!:D

I never thought that the estimated date to 1000 miles would motivate people so much. Just had it in my own log and thought it would be a handy addition. Sky News: spreadsheet formula motivated people to run more :)

Advertisement