Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 - 1000 mile challenge - How far have you run since Jan 1st?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Found the update in the revision history - definitely looks like an accident. No worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Found the update in the revision history - definitely looks like an accident. No worries.
    Mia Culpa, entered my total in your colum and thought the best thing was to wipe it cos I couldnt remember the original figure. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

ultrapercy wrote: »
    Mia Culpa, entered my total in your colum and thought the best thing was to wipe it cos I couldnt remember the original figure. Apologies.

I wasn't gonna say it :D
    No worries, I had my totals recorded elsewhere.

P.S. Next time you can use undo (Edit -> Undo, or just press Ctrl-Z) to revert your change.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

I went through the thousand mile mark during a smashing long run in the muck and slop of Wicklow and South Dublin hills today. A run fitting of the milestone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

jeffontour wrote: »
    I went through the thousand mile mark during a smashing long run in the muck and slop of Wicklow and South Dublin hills today. A run fitting of the milestone.

I went through it ingloriously, doing 10mins per mile into a gale force wind on Dollymount beach this afternoon. It was painful. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

robinph wrote: »
    Damn you woddle for sneaking ahead of me whilst I'm in a slow mileage week after the marathon. <grrr>

Big mileage alert!!! :eek:
    Someones sneakily jumped ahead of me by quiet a few places this week...damn my strict mileage plan ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    Big mileage alert!!! :eek:
    Someones sneakily jumped ahead of me by quiet a few places this week...damn my strict mileage plan ;)

I was just waiting till I passed Robinph and then...BANG...now just to stay ahead :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I wasn't going to run last night, but got talked into going for a training session with some of the guys from club. I got stuck in traffic and got their late, then I ended up running further trying to find out where they had got to in the mean time. Was happy that I didn't actually do their session as it would have been too much of a strain on my poor over worked marathon legs.

Delighted to have got the extra miles in to stop Woddle getting too far ahead though. You are going to have to put in some good miles if you want to stay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

I think a col with the date that last time that the miles/km cells on a row have been updated would be handy also. Too lazy/busy to find out how to do it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Finally finished the 1000 miles this morning. By my calcultions, I crossed the 1000 mile mark with 400m to go of the LeCheile 5k this morning en route to a 5k PB of 18:52.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭corkrunner71

menoscemo wrote: »
    Finally finished the 1000 miles this morning. By my calcultions, I crossed the 1000 mile mark with 400m to go of the LeCheile 5k this morning en route to a 5k PB of 18:52.

Well done Meno. Good job in Limerick on Sunday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Well done Meno. Good job in Limerick on Sunday as well.

But did you get your photo in the Irish Times, like a certain 3.15 pacer we all know??:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

1000 miles broken on Sunday on an easy 12 miler, 5 days later than last year but even worse beaten by Meno by a day :mad:, see you at 2000, motivation for miles:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ronnie085 wrote: »
    1000 miles broken on Sunday on an easy 12 miler, 5 days later than last year but even worse beaten by Meno by a day :mad:, see you at 2000, motivation for miles:D

I was looking over my shoulder on saturday. Thats why I had an extra long warmup before the race. I figured it might come down to minutes :pac:. The race to 2000 is on, enjoy your rest after kildare on sunday, take 2-3 months off is my advice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

After all the furore during the week what did i meet on the homeward journey only travellers racing their horses and traps!
    I was well inside the hard shoulder but this was not good enough for the lads who flashed and beepedfor me to move further in, bunch of assholes:mad:.
    Anyway I'm off shortly for my Stag so mite be a while berore I update my mileage again ;)

Who is deleting peope off the list?? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

Who is deleting peope off the list?? :mad:

There is definitely about 10 names wiped off (between No's 90 & 100 approx). I just jumped 12 spots with a 15 miler & there was no way I was that close to the next bunch ahead of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Thank you to that person who deleted me and about 10 more from the list :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Rolex_

Just found the thread and added myself to the list (hopefully correctly)
    Might just hit the 1000 in the Cork HM this day fortnight all going well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Formosa

shazkea wrote: »
    Thank you to that person who deleted me and about 10 more from the list :rolleyes:

Yeah I appear to be gone, think I was around 360 miles, can't remember for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Hi all, I've also just joined this table.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Woddle, I hope your not saving up your miles for a big update. That would be considered cheating:

woddle M 586.6
    robinph M35 586.2

I'm going to overtake you again. :D:D:D

Hey Robinph, I listed my name and numbers into list, but the spreadsheet magic never insterted me into the positions sheet. Could you take a peek at it? I want my predictions! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭OldBloke

By my count theres actually about 40 missing from the list :(

I was just able to identify a block of people that had been deleted and have now added them back in again, hopefully not creating any duplicates.

@scriba: not sure what it may have been doing before, but you seem to be in the positions list OK now.

robinph wrote: »
    I was just able to identify a block of people that had been deleted and have now added them back in again, hopefully not creating any duplicates.

@scriba: not sure what it may have been doing before, but you seem to be in the positions list OK now.

Sound! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

scriba wrote: »
    Sound! :)

all positions broken now

rom wrote: »
    all positions broken now

I had forgotten to delete the lines in one sheet that got automajically copied from another sheet. All fixed again now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Im missing from the sheet so can't update my mileage, but still coming up in the position sheet?
    If I add myself back in at the bottom, then i'm duplicated in the positions sheet....can anyone help me out....

• Advertisement

Younganne wrote: »
    Im missing from the sheet so can't update my mileage, but still coming up in the position sheet?
    If I add myself back in at the bottom, then i'm duplicated in the positions sheet....can anyone help me out....
    Add your name back in for now and send me a pm with the mileage of the wrong duplicate entry and I'll get rid of that one later on when I'm back at a proper machine.

Advertisement