Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 - 1000 mile challenge - How far have you run since Jan 1st?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,848 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Switched me from Average Runner to Medium Runner!!

Very creative there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I saw Medium Runner and knew it wasn't the right name but couldn't place who it should be!!
    D'oh!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Did the edits happen to stop over the weekend for a few hours? I'm thinking that the vandal may have been busy in a forest at some point on Saturday morning and wasn't able to keep up with their changes.

Just my spidey senses are tingling.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I had a sex-change and lost a few years (M40 -> W35) and became more comfortable with my new younger female body (Kushty_Clown). But enough about me. Who's playing around with the list? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

I've been changed to BrokenLeg, feck sake me legs the only thing not broken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

BrokenMan wrote: »
    I've been changed to BrokenLeg, feck sake me legs the only thing not broken

I know we shouldn't encourage whoever is doing it but...
    ultrapricey, raverhogan, slugger juggler... whoever it is should be using their creative writing skills somewhere else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

OK, I'll leave it a gerard69 if whoever you are insists. considering the 65 refers to the year of my birth, I wish I could drop four years:).
    the name changing was mildly amusing first time, but come on, the joke is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

My calculations for Miles per week 1000 miles estimate date Year total estimate are all slightly out. Basically I was calculating the number of days from today from the first of Jan. It is one day out. I have fixed them in Copy of Postions if you want to move them over. Also I have fixed the running streak sheet so days now work out correctly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

rom wrote: »
    My calculations for Miles per week 1000 miles estimate date Year total estimate are all slightly out. Basically I was calculating the number of days from today from the first of Jan. It is one day out. I have fixed them in Copy of Postions if you want to move them over. Also I have fixed the running streak sheet so days now work out correctly.
    Thanks for that. I'll fix that on the positions sheet tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Seems to be someone with a number fetish. I've changed from Pistol_75 to Pistol 69 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

there are a few blanks in the middle... more deleted?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

littlebug wrote: »
    there are a few blanks in the middle... more deleted?

looks like it. I didn't revert the spreadsheet but I was able to fill in three names from a previous version. Don't know who the fourth was though...

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭flying_scotsman

gerard65 wrote: »
    OK, I'll leave it a gerard69 if whoever you are insists. considering the 65 refers to the year of my birth, I wish I could drop four years:).
    the name changing was mildly amusing first time, but come on, the joke is dead.

Have to agree, gone beyond a joke...just mildly irritating now.

Have to agree, gone beyond a joke...just mildly irritating now.

I knew this kindof thing would happen. So maybe next year a document can be created that has a sheet per each user where only the one person who has access to that sheet. Then all those details are imported into the main sheet. Its not that hard but its more secure. It more setup but no one can mess up the positions sheet only their own.

Are you volunteering to create 180 feeder docs? :)

The running streak doc is now been messed with. Can we revert back to the tables? at least it will stop the retard who's doing the messing.

Right, I've figured out how to combine the data from multiple sheets and keep the sorting working. Anyone with a google account that wants access to the locked sheet to protect our edits let me know your google name and I'll add you.

robinph wrote: »
    Right, I've figured out how to combine the data from multiple sheets and keep the sorting working. Anyone with a google account that wants access to the locked sheet to protect our edits let me know your google name and I'll add you.

what are the new sheets doing ?

"Locked" is signed in edits only, and "CombinedSheets" is merging "Enter Distance Here" with "Locked" so that the "Positions" sheet then does the ordering.

You'll probably tell me it can be simplified a bit more now. :D

RayCun wrote: »
    Are you volunteering to create 180 feeder docs? :)

No but if people post their doc ID you use use a google doc template. then the only page that is editable is username and google doc ID. you add it to the sheet and delete it from the editable sheet. I does mean that everyone needs a google account but fullproof. People will complain but the current way is too open.

• Advertisement

"Locked" is signed in edits only, and "CombinedSheets" is merging "Enter Distance Here" with "Locked" so that the "Positions" sheet then does the ordering.

Have I got this right?
    The 'Enter distance here' and 'Locked' sheets do the same thing - you enter your distance and it is fed through to the 'Positions' sheet
    The only difference is you have to be signed in to edit the 'Locked' sheet.
    You can continue to use the 'Enter distance here' sheet if you like, but since ****wit isn't signed in, he could mess with your entry there.

The world would be so much simpler if we didn't have to account for idiots :rolleyes:

Yep. That is it essentially.

I'm not farting about with these doc's anymore. It's become too mickey mouse. Better keeping my stats in my log.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,848 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Agree with you Gerard. It people want to take the piss with it they can.

I am finished with the doc till a new system is sorted.

I am finished with the doc till a new system is sorted.

If you have (or open) a gmail account, pm robinph with your details.
    He'll give you access to the Locked sheet.
    The only people who can edit that sheet are people who have been given access by robinph, and the name of the person making the edit is recorded.

I'm a bit AFK for the next couple of days so there will be a bit of a delay in responding to the pm's for access to the locked sheet.

Remember this is all because of an ARTist who insists on acting like a...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I'm a bit AFK for the next couple of days so there will be a bit of a delay in responding to the pm's for access to the locked sheet.

Remember this is all because of an ARTist who insists on acting like a...

ASSHOLE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

My mileage has taking a battering over the last few weeks but will aim to turn that back around and get things back up to scratch

ecoli wrote: »
    My mileage has taking a battering over the last few weeks but will aim to turn that back around and get things back up to scratch
    Had a week off doing any miles now myself due to drinking duties taking priority. Have to get stuck back into it again now.

Have to try and catch Woddle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Managed just under 33km/wk for the last two weeks, hoping to beat 40km this week.

Advertisement