Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 - 1000 mile challenge - How far have you run since Jan 1st?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

rom wrote: »
    I never thought that the estimated date to 1000 miles would motivate people so much. Just had it in my own log and thought it would be a handy addition. Sky News: spreadsheet formula motivated people to run more :)

Anything that motivates me ( & other people) to run is a good thing..IMHO:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I just updated for the first time since January 1st when I logged 5 miles. In final week of training/taper before Connemara Ultra. Should have hit about 660 in training but only up to 540 for whatever reasons - a couple of unplanned rests/hangovers/races etc. Maybe I should just run the outstadning 120 miles today... Still, happy out :D And a predicted 1000 mile completion of mid-June may evoke an even more competitive demon that what I’ve already unearthed this year! Uh oh…:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

and you call yourself an ultra runner? :rolleyes:
    Slack, very slack indeed

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

RayCun wrote: »
    and you call yourself an ultra runner? :rolleyes:
    Slack, very slack indeed

;)

I know, I’m a farce… I just haven’t been able to make up my mind as to whether I want to be a sub 20 5k’er or a podium ranking ultra runner… Forgive me ;)
    Hopefully I’ll have discovered my calling by December 31st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Feeling tired, not in the form for a run.

Quick check of my 1000 completion date :eek:,

I'm going for a run!!!!
    At least I'm not like jeepers101, their completion date is 2042! holy jeepers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭OldBloke

Just back at it after a 6 week layoff with a calf tear - great to be back but need to keep at it - 2016 finish date? I dont think so Mister Spreadsheet!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

claralara wrote: »
    I just updated for the first time since January 1st when I logged 5 miles. In final week of training/taper before Connemara Ultra. Should have hit about 660 in training but only up to 540 for whatever reasons - a couple of unplanned rests/hangovers/races etc. Maybe I should just run the outstadning 120 miles today... Still, happy out :D And a predicted 1000 mile completion of mid-June may evoke an even more competitive demon that what I’ve already unearthed this year! Uh oh…:cool:

Foul Play Umpire !!! I seem to have been moved down a position in the ranking by this sudden increase in miles logged! I demand a stewards inquiry:??:pac:

Mr.W~

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've just made it into a predicted July finish date. :eek:

Think that means I deserve a day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Over half way :D
    Don't think I'll be adding too much to the total this week though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

BrokenMan wrote: »
    Over half way :D
    Don't think I'll be adding too much to the total this week though.
    Just behind you a mile short of half way.

Lots of competitions coming up so weekly mileage is less now but I'm likely to reach 1500 miles by years end, which would be more than double last year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

That's me done. :)
    126 Activities.
    123:29:59 Hours.
    10,413m of up.
    139 Average Heart Rate.
    97,468 Calories.
    8.1mph average speed.

The completion date isn't updating from the locked sheet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Well done KC.
    The completion date isn't updating from the locked sheet.
    ...it is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Runner No.4 reaches 1000 miles. Well done Krusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

The estimated completion date does not make sense for anyone who has already completed it. You should either leave it blank or just copy the actual completion date into that cell in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Or would it be possible to do some kind of if statement to insert a 2,000 mile completion date instead? Perhaps a little conditional formatting to change the colour of the text to highlight the first 1,000miles has been reached??

I've just made it so that it becomes an empty field if they have over 1000mile done. Think I might get a bit confused with too many nested sets of brackets if we make it much more complicated. :D

I've added a 2000 mile column and 2000 mile estimated completion column now.

Let me know if I've messed it up anywhere, but I think it will work OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

robinph wrote: »
    I've added a 2000 mile column and 2000 mile estimated completion column now.

Let me know if I've messed it up anywhere, but I think it will work OK.

its right, the green looks not that nice. I think that something like this would be nice to motivate those that completed bronze 1000-2000 silver 2000-3000 gold 3000- background on column F and might be better to remove the conditional color formatting on col k totally. might be better to have A1 # instead of position so the width of the col can be decreased to make it smaller. col e and f could be moved in smaller to save some space also. just suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

great idea doing the 2000mile aswell,gives me a little push to get out and run:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Estimated 2000 is December 29th, now there's motivation if I ever needed it :D

• Advertisement

its right, the green looks not that nice. I think that something like this would be nice to motivate those that completed bronze 1000-2000 silver 2000-3000 gold 3000- background on column F and might be better to remove the conditional color formatting on col k totally. might be better to have A1 # instead of position so the width of the col can be decreased to make it smaller. col e and f could be moved in smaller to save some space also. just suggestions

would it be possible to use a darker green and it as a background and not text on col K as that green makes my eyes burn :)

would it be possible to use a darker green and it as a background and not text on col K as that green makes my eyes burn :)

I've gone for a more gentle green to save your sensitive eyes from the burning. :)

I've gone for a more gentle green to save your sensitive eyes from the burning. :)
    Sorry, work somewhere where all these things matter ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dermo09

276.2 Miles so far this year.. :)

I just passed the 1000 miles (2 weeks later than last year) but no gentle green ...

I just passed the 1000 miles (2 weeks later than last year) but no gentle green ...
    Excellent stuff.

Just passed the 500 miles mark somewhere around about Cutty Sark I think so only just seen this. I'll have a check of my obviously dodgy coding later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Running on a 1000 mile long track and i have just been lapped :(!!

Your mileage was in as 000 so I've just put your total back in as 1000.01 and you have now turn a lovely shade of green. I guess you actual milage is more than that though?

Damn you woddle for sneaking ahead of me whilst I'm in a slow mileage week after the marathon. <grrr>

• Advertisement

Your mileage was in as 000 so I've just put your total back in as 1000.01 and you have now turn a lovely shade of green. I guess you actual milage is more than that though?

I updated it yesterday morning to 1063 - either someone was messing with the spreadsheet or accidentally put a 0 into my mileage column.

Not a problem, I don't use that doc as my mileage log and just put the real figure back in.

If, on the other hand, someone was messing with it on purpose they might have modified other numbers as well.

Advertisement