Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Damn right. :cool:
    (even though I wasn't actually visiting family! :P )

Havn't seen em in ags over work and stuff, I feel terrible!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Happy st Patricks Day everybody, have a nice weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »
    Just did some complaining to the LCC over the stupid new traffic lights in Annacotty. The timing and priority given to the Cappamore road is a disgrace!

The Ballysimon flyover is doing my nut. Changes every time I drive up there. Saw a guy coming from the Tipperary side nearly rip the steering wheel off the car because he couldn't get northbound onto the M7. Fair enough it was rush hour on Friday night and he'd have to drive down to the roundabout and turn around and join the back of the long queue.

Timing on those lights is nuts since they ripped up the sensors on the ground. I was coming off the M7 from the Roxboro side and it took 15 minutes to get to the lights themselves. :eek:

Average of 7 seconds per green light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

oh i have to laugh, some of the lads in here know im using a crutch to get around at the moment, but my wife just pointed out to me there now two lads across the road with a crutch each, lol, apparently now the shams have swapped their walking canes for crutches, its the new fad! i cant bend down at the moment to tuck my pants legs into my socks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

xsiborg wrote: »
    oh i have to laugh, some of the lads in here know im using a crutch to get around at the moment, but my wife just pointed out to me there now two lads across the road with a crutch each, lol, apparently now the shams have swapped their walking canes for crutches, its the new fad! i cant bend down at the moment to tuck my pants legs into my socks! :D

Yeah have seen that. Saw three tracksuited gentlemen each with one crutch near Gleesons shop on Henry street. All walking as if each step was the cause of agonising pain. One went into the shop, then ran out, and his two "crippled" friends each took off like Usain Bolt.

Seems to be the latest scumbag tactic. Get in close with a fake injury and then they can either run off or use the crutch as a weapon.

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Defo BG. Our lot are posh like that, ya kno? :P

I thought it was the main road that used to have the "Posh" tag, at least that's how it was years ago. I call the main road Ballinacurra (I know it is Ballinacurra Road) just in case anyone thought I meant elsewhere.

Could be down to incapacity benefit as social welfare likely told them to get jobs or get stuffed. GP medical cert cures all social welfare questions didnt you know? :D

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Could be down to incapacity benefit as social welfare likely told them to get jobs or get stuffed. GP medical cert cures all social welfare questions didnt you know? :D

off topic rant coming up-

actually now you mention it BB that makes more sense than my theory that crutches were the new pimp canes, dont even get me started, feckin €60 every time i go to the GP, €15 for the crutches, and then the pain meds, physio and all the epsom salts and miscellaneous medicines on top of that, and because im working i dont qualify for a medical card. am i bitter? you bet i am, because im also paying a small fortune a month for medical insurance, and that only covers a small proportion of certain medical expenses!

i have no problem with anyone thats unemployed, i meet people from all walks of life on a daily basis and there are unemployed people i meet that i'd love to give them a job in the morning if i could, hence why i try and tie in with employers that are looking for people to help these people out, because i see them making an effort, but its the people that think they're clever bæstards 'screwing the system' that get my goat, the only person they're fooling in the long term is themselves!

/rant.

apologies mods if ye deem that rant inappropriate for the limerick forum as i know its not strictly a limerick phenomenon, please by all means delete if inappropriate.

subject change- anyone else down at the parade today? these seemed to be a much better effort made this year, although i do miss the bands!

came down to the people's park afterwards and its lovely to see it so packed with people enjoying themselves! :)

yknow whatever stereotypes and negative impressions can be made about limerick city, i have to say its far, far outweighed by the many, many more positive aspects, such as the skateboard park down here at steamboat quay actually being used for its intended purpose!

some sort of an exhibition or competition on down here with some fellas and girls too showing off some mad talented skills on their boards!

snipe you're missing some great action shots down here, im glad i brought the HD cam to film the parade now as and im getting some great footage here of the skateboarders! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Just back from the parade, got a great picture of XiledSniper's backside.

The one thing that bugs me about standing a parade here is that the watchers don't clap of wave and seem generally disinterested in being there. My lot scream their lungs out at everyone they can and clap, if people get off their ass to participate then the least we can do is clap as they pass. /rant. Saying that, it was a great turnout and the weather held for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

isnt the band parade like next weekend or last weekend or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Bren: I'd go down there the odd time to get shots.

Drift: Its on tomorrow morning, 12pm.

Just back from the parade, got a great picture of XiledSniper's backside.
    The one thing that bugs me about standing a parade here is that the watchers don't clap of wave and seem generally disinterested in being there. My lot scream their lungs out at everyone they can and clap, if people get off their ass to participate then the least we can do is clap as they pass. /rant. Saying that, it was a great turnout and the weather held for it.

Wide angle lens? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Knives confiscated outside my shop at work today.....GREAT!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Savage Henry

Went into town at 3pm. Just home out of pure boredom. Place is deserted. WTF is going on like...:confused:

It is like a Tuesday night or something, bars are empty all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Went into town at 3pm. Just home out of pure boredom. Place is deserted. WTF is going on like...:confused:

It is like a Tuesday night or something, bars are empty all day.

Really? I'd imagine either everyone was pissed and went home or just went to house parties.

Really? I'd imagine either everyone was pissed and went home or just went to house parties.

I'd have thought everybody was out because they would not want to be saving themselves for tonight because bars close at 11pm as it's NOT a bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If it was quite in town last night i would have gone in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Met 'the snipe' in town during the band parade. Looking resplendent in his black and white camo pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

nag nag nag... complain complain... nag :P

• Advertisement

nag nag nag... complain complain... nag :P

Richard ruffling your tail feathers again snipe? amazeballs... :p

im sorry, im sorry, i just couldn't resist! :D

actually, on a serious note- did ye get any footage of yesterdays and todays parade as i wasnt there for todays parade so maybe if you'd be so good as to throw up a linky when it goes up on the ilovelimerick website? referrals too will increase the site traffic, god knows it needs it! ooh! below the belt again, sorry snipe, completely unintentional! :D

but do, throw up a link when ye get a chance, it'd be great to see an overview of one of the biggest events on the limerick calendar, limericks biggest festival weekend! i know you were out and about with your camera too so maybe you'd be so kind as to throw up a few link-backs to some shots of your images on ilovelimerick? :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anyone on for quizzing tonight?

Anyone on for quizzing tonight?

aaargh, after reminding me again, im back in nenagh at the moment but i'll be going back with the young lad tonight while my wife is staying here for the few days, so no chance tonight im afraid... :(

*phew* well that was an exhausting day, but well worth it, this morning went for a drive to Kilkee, climbed up George's Head, then hit Bunratty on the way back and finally called into a friend's for dinner. Now I'm home and ready to chill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

*phew* well that was an exhausting day, but well worth it, this morning went for a drive to Kilkee, climbed up George's Head, then hit Bunratty on the way back and finally called into a friend's for dinner. Now I'm home and ready to chill.

busy day indeed weather nice in kilkee?...i pulled my house apart to start redecorating and straight away regretted the decision...

i was exhausted just reading that post ZB, far too much exercise in there for my liking! :D

It was quite windy up there but dry Drifter, so not so bad.

xsiborg, ah but it's the good kind of exhaustion :D

It was quite windy up there but dry Drifter, so not so bad.

xsiborg, ah but it's the good kind of exhaustion :D

i've had better... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Savage Henry

Did anyone else see all the emergency services lining the river from Clohesseys to the back of Dunnes Sunday night around 10pm. Another jumper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Saw a new 2012 Bus Éireann city bus today with wifi onboard.

Could come in nice and handy! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement