Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Panthro wrote: »
    I got a message!..From a girl...ten years younger than myself..shes still in the teens...Ah well...

Ok so would that put you off ? Would 19 to 29 be too big a gap ? How about 60 to 70 or even 40 to 50 ? It's funny how age gaps are less relevant with age.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I thought dating sites were for over 18s only?
    Yup, as Larianne guessed, shes 19, and I'm 28 and a fair bit!:o
    Larianne wrote: »
    Eigtheen, Nineteen..
    Discodog wrote: »
    Ok so would that put you off ? Would 19 to 29 be too big a gap ? How about 60 to 70 or even 40 to 50 ? It's funny how age gaps are less relevant with age.

Oh hell yes it would put me off to be honest! Me personally, I'd prefer someone within ideally 3-4 years tops either side of my own age. But then again, I'm an aul sod who is set in me ways, haha!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yup, as Larianne guessed, shes 19, and I'm 28 and a fair bit!:o

Ah your still only a young fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Oh hell yes it would put me off to be honest! Me personally, I'd prefer someone within ideally 3-4 years tops either side of my own age. But then again, I'm an aul sod who is set in me ways, haha!:)

If you end up middle aged & single you will be over the moon if someone 10 years younger takes a shine to you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Decided to see can I get into beautiful people.com for the lulz - they're asking for my weight, cheeky vain bastards! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

(blushes) Oh behave yourself ya scallywag! :p
    If you end up middle aged & single you will be over the moon if someone 10 years younger takes a shine to you :D
    And that's the truth!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Decided to see can I get into beautiful people.com for the lulz - they're asking for my weight, cheeky vain bastards! :pac:

Did that. Didn't get in. :(

Did that. Didn't get in. :(

Ah, I'm looking at a few profiles on there and you ain't missing much, either they are all illiterate or were too busy staring at themselves in the mirror to write a daycent profile. :P

Being voted in at the moment - just about. :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Oh I couldn't care less. They'd be all too pretty for my liking anyways. I like quirky looking lads. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Lunch date tomorrow.

Not from online, but a girl I think is real purty (!) who works in a restaurant I go to sometimes. Went in today, got chatting for a while and asked her out. :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Lunch date tomorrow.

Not from online, but a girl I think is real purty (!) who works in a restaurant I go to sometimes. Went in today, got chatting for a while and asked her out. :)

Wish more lads were like yourself. That's the way to do it! :)
    awec wrote: »
    I have never heard that before! :pac:

Well I mean, I wouldn't be into the typical chiseled jawline, dark haired dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Oh I couldn't care less. They'd be all too pretty for my liking anyways. I like quirky looking lads. :)

Hi.. Have you met me :P.

Signed up for smooch (Never heard of it before here) still waiting on a pic to be approved so not bothered messaging anyone till it does. Some random girl with no pic messaged me nearly as soon as I signed up and we have been chatting, she seems nice but.. Guess wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

I think at that age there is a significant difference, but once you get older a 10 year age gap is sod all.. IMO anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ive been on PoF feck all over the last few weeks.

Had a few dates with a girl off it,she is nice and all but I dont see it leading anywhere.

I was out in Mullingar Saturday and some hottie came up to me at the bar early in the evening though it was Paddies day so sobriety was not guaranteed,,asked if I was single,got chatting,had a wee smooch later on in the night but then lost eachother in a sea of yager and vodka.

Was out Sunday night and same thing happened,some random pretty girl approached me,we shared a kiss and I went back to a house party with her(nowt happened before ye dirty feckers ask :P)

I also kissed a girl twice about a week or so ago.We sort of* dated for a while for a few months last year but between one thing and another it fizzled out but I do have an interest in her however its a tad complicated.

Moral of the story is,Im fcukin gorgeous.

;)

:pac:

Real moral is that Im pretty disillusioned with online so I reckon the profile is for the heave ho.

*we went on dates,spent alot of time together but never had the "talk"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Just signed up for that used 2 photos that I have of me fairly recently, but they are like the only 2 photos I have and they aren't of me in the best shape shall we say :D. But was voted no straight away but I am currently being voted beautiful... These beautiful people are blind :D.

Yeah definitely, I'm early 30's :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I was being voted in for ages too, then after a while I dropped to the very bottom :P

Yeah I got told to jog on from there as well, and I was soooo close.. Vain sh**bags :D
    Bad Panda wrote: »
    Lunch date tomorrow.

Ah seriously, that is brilliant, the amount of times I've seen guys say they wanted to do that on RI but didn't is mad. Hope it goes well, fill us in after ;)
    Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Hi.. Have you met me :P.

Signed up for smooch (Never heard of it before here) still waiting on a pic to be approved so not bothered messaging anyone till it does. Some random girl with no pic messaged me nearly as soon as I signed up and we have been chatting, she seems nice but.. Guess wait and see.

You're fresh meat for Smooch. Not one of the more popular choices but still not too bad.. I find it's the same faces all the time and gets a bit boring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Oh thats sooooo true! :D
    You're fresh meat for Smooch. Not one of the more popular choices but still not too bad.. I find it's the same faces all the time and gets a bit boring

Sames faces are on all the sites - we are!

Dovies wrote: »
    Oh thats sooooo true! :D

Sames faces are on all the sites - we are!

Well, I can't argue that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Wish more lads were like yourself. That's the way to do it! :)

In my experience *most lads are like this. I think if women started to take the inititive for a change then life would be alot easier for alot of people :)

*Well lots of lads are like this as they have no alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

yeah tryed getting in too, rejected :(, they said i was too good looking :pac:
    nah,didnt know such a site existed till now ha

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I met up with the guy from the lovely Sunday date yesterday, which was a bit of an anti-climax.

There was some confusion about whether we were meant to be meeting at first, as we'd mentioned it while drunk, but then both of us were actually busy on the day so just met for an hour for a coffee.

It was a little uncomfortable, since he was really hungover and quiet, I was shy and we were both very conscious of having to leave so couldn't really relax into it. He texted me later to apologise for being crap company, I replied saying he should let me know when he's free if he fancies meeting up properly again...so we'll see what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

Ahhhhh I need more advice please ....sorry I can never sort problems out for myself.....

Semele wrote: »
    I met up with the guy from the lovely Sunday date yesterday, which was a bit of an anti-climax.

There was some confusion about whether we were meant to be meeting at first, as we'd mentioned it while drunk, but then both of us were actually busy on the day so just met for an hour for a coffee.

It was a little uncomfortable, since he was really hungover and quiet, I was shy and we were both very conscious of having to leave so couldn't really relax into it. He texted me later to apologise for being crap company, I replied saying he should let me know when he's free if he fancies meeting up properly again...so we'll see what happens!

Ah, but at least you both acknowledge the fact. GO for round 3. :D

Yep, from the looks of the way the voting is going I'm not gonna get into their pretty club :pac:

Still, at least POF still seems to like me! I just got this...
    please can i be your online slave and do anything you say miss?....

Oh dear. :')

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Been chatting to a nice girl for the last 2 weeks online. Talked on the phone as well but she is in London so realistically its a non runner. Always the same i think, the people that ofton seem to be on the same wavelength are too far away :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mossy_Da_Dog

Hi
    Can you give me a bit of a steer in the direction of the right dating site for me? I'm a working Mum with 1 child and I really don't have the time to sign up for loads of sites and see what's best.... you all seem to mention Pof? What's that? What age group is it full of?

Are there any sites that attract hot sexy men aged about 40? : )

Appreciate your replies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement