Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Hi
    Can you give me a bit of a steer in the direction of the right dating site for me? I'm a working Mum with 1 child and I really don't have the time to sign up for loads of sites and see what's best.... you all seem to mention Pof? What's that? What age group is it full of?

Are there any sites that attract hot sexy men aged about 40? : )

Appreciate your replies.

POF is a shortened down name for a site called Plenty of Fish. It is a huge site, free to use and has all age groups on it. Another popular one is Connecting Singles, also free. Another Friend is a large site as well but its a paysite so you would need to whip out the credit card for that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

If you find any of these hot sexy men aged about 40 will you please let me know where you found them?

:D

Enjoy your search :)

I'd say connecting singles might be the best for slightly older, pof drives me mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

foxinsox wrote: »
    If you find any of these hot sexy men aged about 40 will you please let me know where you found them?

Enjoy your search :)

I'd say connecting singles might be the best for slightly older, pof drives me mad.

Well I'm not quite 40 yet (a good bit far off) but I just joined connecting singles tonight. Is there any other free sites for Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

oh let me know too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

KTRIC wrote: »
    Well I'm not quite 40 yet (a good bit far off) but I just joined connecting singles tonight. Is there any other free sites for Ireland ?

Sorry, I didn't mean it is just over 40's fairly mixed age, but of the few free ones I've looked at I thought it seemed to have a fair few 35ish plus.

Not calling it an aul ones site :)

I know earlier in the thread I threw in the towel and gave up, but.. :o

I joined anotherfriend, it's free but you have to pay to get fancy features, and when you get a mail you have to wait about 20 mins to get it. Also it has crashed on me (502 web server error) lots last night and at least ten times in the last few hours.. So make of that one what you will..

POF Plenty of Fish is free too, but I've read on here that they've changed stuff.. someone else will be better to give more info. I don't like POF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Plenty of fish, Connecting singles, Okay Cupid and smooch are free. POF was charging to see who had viewed you but it all seems to be working now. But exchanging mail and phone numbers etc are free on these sites.

The others are pay sites - there are both sides to an argument that paid sites get more genuine people - I have never found that.

With regards to age groups it varies to be honest. I found CS full of chungfellas! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

hollypink wrote: »
    oh let me know too! :D

*waves* Sorry ladies, am no longer available, a pretty girl caught me on pof and we're hooked :):) :pac::pac:

Good luck in your searches, us hot 40's are out there :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I want to join beautiful people with this picture:

sloth-goonies-52371.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Dovies wrote: »
    Plenty of fish, Connecting singles, Okay Cupid and smooch are free. POF was charging to see who had viewed you but it all seems to be working now. But exchanging mail and phone numbers etc are free on these sites.

The others are pay sites - there are both sides to an argument that paid sites get more genuine people - I have never found that.

With regards to age groups it varies to be honest. I found CS full of chungfellas! :rolleyes:

I'm not much of an expert, I only ever used OKC and POF.

I hated POF. Didn't seem to be many genuine people on it, and any genuine mails I got sort of got lost between all the "hey bbz" etc, so when I'd get an email notification from them I end up not bothering to check it half the time!

I found OKC much better ... Would much rather get talking to one decent guy, than be getting loads of crappy pointless mails, like on POF. Also I loved all the questions on OKC ... hours of entertainment! :D

As for the paid sites - it would put me off that someone would subscribe to that - it's basically acknowledging that you're gonna be single for a while, if you're willing to pay in advance! :o So I guess I'd be wondering what's wrong with them! :D It just seems a little desperate or something, in my opinion. But I guess maybe I'd think differently if I was signing up for online dating with very serious intentions of meeting a husband and settling down forever etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I'm on beautifulpeople.com. It's a load of me bollix, zero functionality whatsoever.

Have two dates this weekend - bringing one guy to the Leinster match tonight, meeting another guy for tea (?) on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

That_Guy wrote: »
    I want to join beautiful people with this picture:

sloth-goonies-52371.jpg

Pick me pick me! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I'm on beautifulpeople.com. It's a load of me bollix, zero functionality whatsoever.

Have two dates this weekend - bringing one guy to the Leinster match tonight, meeting another guy for tea (?) on Sunday.

Should be a good game. Going along to it with my brother. We'll be the horrendously drunk eejits in the terrace. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Should be a good game. Going along to it with my brother. We'll be the horrendously drunk eejits in the terrace. :o

You're bringing your brother on a date.... Eeeeewwwww.

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

As for the paid sites - it would put me off that someone would subscribe to that - it's basically acknowledging that you're gonna be single for a while, if you're willing to pay in advance! :o So I guess I'd be wondering what's wrong with them! :D It just seems a little desperate or something, in my opinion.

:( It never occurred to me that people would think paid sites were for the desperate. The reason I (and other people I know) tried a paid site was because of the belief that having to fork out some money would filter out the trolls, the ones looking for NSA, those who were only there out of curiosity or an ego boost and that those who joined would be putting a bit of effort into their profile and messages. Seems reasonable but in reality, I didn't find it to be the case at all, although I know one or two people who had some success with paid sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I'll be the Billy No-Mates in the Grandstand; tonight's date just bailed.

FFS, I only asked him because my brother bailed on me in the first place! I feel so rejected!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

FFS, I only asked him because my brother bailed on me in the first place! I feel so rejected!

I hope he had a good excuse for such a late change of plans?

So you are saying there is an extra ticket floating about. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Dovies wrote: »
    Pick me pick me! :D

2nds please...

Ah sh** the bu&&er.. What was his excuse?

who's dating it up this weekend? I'm in with a chinese and a 6 pack of coors light :(

• Advertisement

who's dating it up this weekend? I'm in with a chinese and a 6 pack of coors light :(

Sounds good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Dateless here as usual :cool:

Sounds good :)

I suppose it's better than a slap in the face with a wet dead fish
    G-Money wrote: »
    Dateless here as usual :cool:

How you getting on? Talking to anyone online?

I suppose it's better than a slap in the face with a wet dead fish

Depends what you're into, some people would be turned on by that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I've a date with 6 american students tonight :cool: and possible coffee date Sunday which I'm kinda having second thoughts about. eek!

Depends what you're into, some people would be turned on by that :pac:

And they are people I would like to meet (kind of, just to laugh and run away)
    Larianne wrote: »
    I've a date with 6 american students tonight :cool: and possible coffee date Sunday which I'm kinda having second thoughts about. eek!

6 American students eh? It's either a feast or a famine ;)
    I'm thinking of putting it out there for a coffee date tomorrow, if I'm shot down that's 2 months down the swanny but a clearer mindframe

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

6 American students eh? It's either a feast or a famine ;)

Well you said this:
    I'm in with a chinese and a 6 pack of coors light frown.gif

But we all know that you meant this:
    I'm in with 6 chinese and a pack of coors light frown.gif

:p

awec wrote: »
    At the moment I have a lonesome date with cake and beer.

And I have a date with some Lemsip Max Strenght :(

• Advertisement

Discodog wrote: »
    Well you said this:

But we all know that you meant this:

:p

if only.. some balls (even though they're made of chicken) will suit me down to the ground

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement