Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jar Of Hearts

Yeah I guess that is the most likely thing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Dovies wrote: »
    I have a date tonight! :o:o

ooohh best of luck, ya having drinks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

No girls from my county message me back! And when I message girls from other counties they usually mention distance as being a problem! This is on POF. Giving OkCupid another try now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Met a girl on Paddy's day in McDonald's. :pac: She asked for my facebook so she could add me, and was pretty (from what I remember) :pac:

Didn't expect to hear from her, but she added me the next day. Been chatting to her since. :) Mentioned meeting up and she seemed up for it. :)

Then I got a massive black eye, and got thrown out of a nightclub a week later....(all documented on facebook, either my me, drunkenly or friends)

Pretty sure I lost her at that stage cause she hadn't messaged since. :pac:

She messaged me tonight though. :D

PS: I had genuinely good excuses for both incidents, and she actually believed them. (and they were true!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

managerman wrote: »
    From?

Smooch!! :D
    Nice wan! Hope it went well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

My date was lovely last night. Drinks, dinner and more drinks. A real gentleman (which is a rarity) - poured my drink for me, held the door open etc etc! :D

My date was lovely last night. Drinks, dinner and more drinks. A real gentleman (which is a rarity) - poured my drink for me, held the door open etc etc! :D

You dated the barman and bouncer all in one night?!!! 😉😉

Hey. Girls gotta keep her options open! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

wow, sounds great! When are you meeting him again?? :D

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    wow, sounds great! When are you meeting him again?? :D

Well Im off on hols this week for a couple of weeks so when I get back! :D

Hey. Girls gotta keep her options open! :D
    That's true.. Hope you meet them both again soon!

Wow, how did I miss him on Smooch haha.. I wonder how many boardies have gone on a date with the same person without realising it :eek:

I wonder how many boardies have gone on a date with the same person without realising it :eek:

Yeah I know! And probably talked about them on here!

Yeah I know! And probably talked about them on here!

definitely, wonder has anyone been caught out saying what a sh*** date they had :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,345 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I wonder how teenagers end up dating these days, is it via Facebook? Probably leads to slaggings: John and Mary sitting in a tree/at a keyboard - T-Y-P-I-N-G. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Think I have a date tomorrow... Hope the weather keeps up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Not sure what I'm doing wrong at the moment !!! :confused:

No replies and when I do get some the replies end abruptly for no reason....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Date lined up for the weekend, he lives near the beach so think it could be a first that i have a beach walk date :D We were chatting for ages on the phone last night so a good sign i hope.

That guy who let me down on sunday has deleted his profile from CS, so god knows what was going on with him.

Onwards and upwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

KTRIC wrote: »
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong at the moment !!! :confused:

No replies and when I do get some the replies end abruptly for no reason....

Chances are you aren't doing anything wrong. People just get really flakey on online dating or get a 'better' offer and drop you at the turn of a hat (is that even a phrase?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Getyourjacket

Hi Guys, just looking for some advice. Had a fantastic first date on saturday nigth, great chemistry lots of laughing and lots of kissing. He called sunday morning and we were chatting about the nigth before etc and how hungover we were. I texted him monday morning to see how he was, just the usual 'how's your day going'? And i've not heard a thing back? Not a thing.
    So my questions to you guys, he's blatantly not interested or is it usual that after a first date a guy may not usually text everyday? Should i just give up all hope from hearing from him again? :(

Hi Guys, just looking for some advice. Had a fantastic first date on saturday nigth, great chemistry lots of laughing and lots of kissing. He called sunday morning and we were chatting about the nigth before etc and how hungover we were. I texted him monday morning to see how he was, just the usual 'how's your day going'? And i've not heard a thing back? Not a thing.
    So my questions to you guys, he's blatantly not interested or is it usual that after a first date a guy may not usually text everyday? Should i just give up all hope from hearing from him again? :(

Sounds exactly like the guy i met up with last week, you sure its not the same guy :eek:. We had 2 dates, both went well, lots of chemistry, kissing etc. Texts were lovely, all nice and looking forward to next date. Forward to sunday gone,we had plans for the cinema, i text to sort time/film, no reply.
    Text later to ask him is it on or off and got "Just dealing with a situation here and ill ring you in a bit". Needless to say i havent heard from him since... tosser.

From my last few experiences with guys from online, that seems to be the trend, they meet up and then cant be bothered to let you know they dont want to see you again, instead they just act cowardly and take the easy option to ignore you. Its not nice but they arent worth it if thats they way they go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I don't get why people just can't have the common courtesy to let people know if they're interested or not. It takes a simple text/phone call and there's no messing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

That_Guy wrote: »
    I don't get why people just can't have the common courtesy to let people know if they're interested or not. It takes a simple text/phone call and there's no messing.

Exactly :rolleyes: giving the rest of us lads a really bad name.

I had the same thing done to me with a lovely lady who i was mad about that I met through a course. Just cut all contact and stopped replying to emails.

That_Guy wrote: »

I know, i just cant fathom it either, its not like you ever have to see the person again so what harm does even a one liner do?

Its so rude after meeting with someone twice, getting on well and sending nice texts etc to be completely blown off and blanked. I actually think there has to be something mentally wrong with these people when they behave like this.

Ah i just dont understand it at all at all. Talk about blowing hot and cold! Or should i say freezing! Well i suppose i'll just have to brush myself off and get on with it....

Oh i just dont know if im cut out for the dating game anymore! It's way too hard and too many mind games for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

I signed up for that POF site out of boredom after flicking through this thread and what an utter load of bollocks it is! they force you to give more information about yourself than the census for a site that's just full of liars, cougars, fools and attention seekers. Don't know how anyone could be holed with that site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

talkinyite wrote: »
    I signed up for that POF site out of boredom after flicking through this thread and what an utter load of bollocks it is! they force you to give more information about yourself than the census for a site that's just full of liars, cougars, fools and attention seekers. Don't know how anyone could be holed with that site.

:confused::confused: No one is "forcing" you to give any information!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Hmmm does anyone find it in the slightest bit creepy that the only text this guy has in his profile is....

POLICE have issued a stark warning to internet daters, after a woman was viciously beaten and raped by a man she met online.

The 27-year-old was left “unrecognisable” after the attack, which happened just four days after she began speaking to Peter Ramsey, 26, on plentyoffish.com.

The pair went on a first date but, after she declined to kiss him, he knocked her to the ground, ripped off her tights and raped her.

Inner London Crown Court heard Ramsey caused 21 different injuries, knocking out her front teeth and leaving her fearing she would die.

and it goes on like that.... before saying his ideal first date would be 'anything goes'....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement