Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Discodog wrote: »
    Just did :D Unless I missed it there is no space for personal comments, unlike most sites.

You missed it then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Dovies wrote: »
    You missed it then! :D

Yep you're right :D

I got fooled by the fact that a lot of people seem not to bother filling in that bit !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

One of the (many) annoying things about match is profile matches that have last log in dates of over three months.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

bit gutted the one I was talking to for a while fell by the wayside :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Larianne wrote: »
    Watch out for the bowling dance! Ya know, the little dance everyone does after they get a strike. :pac:

I am already planning on busting out the lilac.

http://www.joblo.com/video/player.php?video=lebowski-jesus

Just need to make sure I don't get too into it. Not sure many girls would appreciate this movie quote no matter how elegantly delivered.

• Advertisement

Maguined wrote: »
    I am already planning on busting out the lilac.

http://www.joblo.com/video/player.php?video=lebowski-jesus

Just need to make sure I don't get too into it. Not sure many girls would appreciate this movie quote no matter how elegantly delivered.

ha ha, that's a great film

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

A member really wants to meet you & they are in ................Zimbabwe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

passport baby ;)

im getting alot of people in tunsia :confused:

Would ya not send them over money for the flight to meet you :cool:

• Advertisement

Would ya not send them over money for the flight to meet you :cool:

:D
    booboo88 wrote: »
    im getting alot of people in tunsia confused.gif

It's the Arab Spring - all their new found freedom biggrin.gif

Either that or they want to sell you as a slave eek.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

is Smooch a free one or what?

JimBob777 wrote: »
    is Smooch a free one or what?

It sure is, they couldn't expect someone to pay for it :O Although in the space of a few hours I'm back in love again so I won't log on for a while :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Hmmm good god so many sites to choose from. Is it wrong to copy paste profile content + pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Hmmm good god so many sites to choose from. Is it wrong to copy paste profile content + pics?

I did that with POF as I found OKC gave you structure but with POF you just had a blank canvas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Èhm hello :D. Signed up for POF last month, really don't know what to be doing with it, apparently I have messaged someone looking for intimate encounter already but didn't realise it! Now people I am sure think I am a freak (I like them to figure that out for themselves!) but yeah this whole online dating thing I don't think suits me, I am grand on a person level as in we sit around and can yap for hours but I have never been good through text so I guess it will be fun :P No dates on the cards yet and no even possibilities but sure dosn't everyone love an optimist :D. Any other ones I should possibly try?

It sure is, they couldn't expect someone to pay for it :O Although in the space of a few hours I'm back in love again so I won't log on for a while :cool:

with some lucky lawwd on the site is it?? :D ha

She didn't give any of us a chance to get a foot in the door. These women don't hang about :D

The joys of being wanted - something that some of us fellas can only dream of - Insert crying smilie :pac: Found one t2319.gif

ha ha yeah, well from another site from ages ago :D

Gosh so you have to chase her for months - this internet dating is hard work :D

• Advertisement

She didn't give any of us a chance to get a foot in the door. These women don't hang about :D

The joys of being wanted - something that some of us fellas can only dream of - Insert crying smilie :pac: Found one t2319.gif

I know, weird, literally back on it and off again.
    Gosh so you have to chase her for months - this internet dating is hard work :D

Well not really, it's just the way it panned out. But amen to the hard work bit though ;)

But amen to the hard work bit though ;)

Let me guess no pain no gain :D So if we chase her for months we could get accused of stalking or we could eventually win her favour by persistence.

Let me guess no pain no gain :D So if we chase her for months we could get accused of stalking or we could eventually win her favour by persistence.

That's the 50/50 chance ya have to take. Could pay off in bucket loads, or you could be facing a 2 year stretch in the Joy.. Thems the breaks :pac:

some girl messaged me on PoF with txt speak, said to myself i hate txt speak but she could still be great in person,had a nice conversation asked her bout her homeplace she answered and said maybe you could show me around sometime soon,still waiting for a reply half a day later ha :D
    another ego booster i think :rolleyes:
    why not just go on that hotornot website instead? hah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

some girl messaged me on PoF with txt speak, said to myself i hate txt speak but she could still be great in person,had a nice conversation asked her bout her homeplace she answered and said maybe you could show me around sometime soon,still waiting for a reply half a day later ha :D

At least you are getting messages consider that a compliment :D.

I bloody hate text speak. Never reply when I get it. It just really bugs me :mad:

I bloody hate text speak. Never reply when I get it. It just really bugs me :mad:

ahhh sure,, beggers cant be choosers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I got a message!..From a girl...ten years younger than myself..shes still in the teens...Ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Panthro wrote: »
    I got a message!..From a girl...ten years younger than myself..shes still in the teens...Ah well...

I thought dating sites were for over 18s only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I thought dating sites were for over 18s only?

Eigtheen, Nineteen..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement