Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Snowie wrote: »
    nooo not really i always know that you need to really have a mental connection to like some one. I was just having fun :pac: besides if a girl can't make me laugh it aint going to work :)

But you might be more wary when messaging someone and askng out on a date. I mean, how different did she come across then in her message?

Now I want a Freaky Foot - the icecream was delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Larianne wrote: »
    But you might be more wary when messaging someone and askng out on a date. I mean, how different did she come across then in her message?

Now I want a Freaky Foot - the icecream was delicious!

she came of friendly, not to flirty, easy going so i asked... she was friendly but you can't tell whats some ones like threw a screen I mean half the time there either time wasters attention seekers who join because their board and you know its as much entertainment, then you get the serous people...

I think she was genuine maybe a little shy who knows. I don't really wanna draw to much from nothing....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I have a date tonight! :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Dovies wrote: »
    I have a date tonight! :o:o
    From?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

zuroph wrote: »
    about four months in with my GF I met on POF, things are incredible still! love her to bits, and feels like we've known each other years.

About five months with my GF I met on OKC, and it's the exact same. The long distance sucks but we're making things work.

• Advertisement

managerman wrote: »
    From?

Smooch!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

So, I had two dates this weekend. Didn't fancy either of them in the least :( The second guy has, since 10am this morning, sent me not one, not two, not three, not even four but FIVE pictures of his, erm, manhood. What the hell is wrong with people???!!! He didn't even get a snog off me and he thinks I want to look at pictures of his willy first thing on a Monday morning???

Bleurgh!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,345 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Honey-ec wrote: »
    So, I had two dates this weekend. Didn't fancy either of them in the least :( The second guy has, since 10am this morning, sent me not one, not two, not three, not even four but FIVE pictures of his, erm, manhood. What the hell is wrong with people???!!! He didn't even get a snog off me and he thinks I want to look at pictures of his willy first thing on a Monday morning???

Bleurgh!

And you dont want to look at it anytime!! Lol :D:eek:

Bleurgh!

Five? Why on Earth five? Did he have them in different styles/positions? Like in one it was wearing a sombrero, and in the other it had a smiley face.

• Advertisement

Five? Why on Earth five? Did he have them in different styles/positions? Like in one it was wearing a sombrero, and in the other it had a smiley face.

He seemed to be zooming in closer in each one! I stopped opening them after the first two, I was genuinely afraid for my sight!

Ah I see. Pity, I was wondering where he would've found a sombrero that size. Would be perfect for the adult-themed puppet show I'm coming up with.

But seriously, yikes. Was it even moving in that direction or did he just send one out of the blue?

• Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Completely out of the blue! He texted me last night and I didn't respond. Was just getting ready to send the "no spark" text this morning. Think it may be ever so slightly too late for that now...

Here, this'll give yis a laugh, got it on POF yesterday:

“Looked at ur pictures. I luved the shape of your eyebrows, sharp. Your juicy lips I wanna tell them a secret, the distance between ur lips and nose it’s a beauty sign. U r proper hot nd spicy like a nik-nak tiger hurrrrrrrrrrrrrr”

I’m actually cracking up here even typing it, ha ha! Officially the most random message I’ve had yet – hot and spicy like a nik-nak, bahahahahahaha!

“Looked at ur pictures. I luved the shape of your eyebrows, sharp. Your juicy lips I wanna tell them a secret, the distance between ur lips and nose it’s a beauty sign. U r proper hot nd spicy like a nik-nak tiger hurrrrrrrrrrrrrr”

!

What the hell is a nik-nak tiger?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Bleurgh!

Omg, what the hell is wrong with these guys?? Im seriously losing faith that there are many if any normal, ordinary guys on those sites. My last few experiences with guys from online have been awful, going from bad to worse so i really do wonder....:(

Completely out of the blue! He texted me last night and I didn't respond. Was just getting ready to send the "no spark" text this morning. Think it may be ever so slightly too late for that now...

I’m actually cracking up here even typing it, ha ha! Officially the most random message I’ve had yet – hot and spicy like a nik-nak, bahahahahahaha!

Man I really want to look at your profile now to see your nik-nak tiger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

oh my god.... I would have to reply to that one....nik nak paddy whack give the dog a bone:D

thank you, that have put a massive smile on my face:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Ahahaha!

I know who sent you that, I got a crazy message off him too once (think I put it in the thread somewhere actually!)

He's from London, yes? :pac:

I'm so going to send that to some random girl and see if it works.

• Advertisement

Dovies wrote: »
    What the hell is a nik-nak tiger?? :confused:

A nik-nak is a spicy crisp, kind of like a Wotsit, ha ha! I believe he was calling me tiger, just crap at punctuation...

I'm still sniggering away here every time I think of it.

In other news, I have a date on Wednesday. Please be normal, please be normal, please be normal!

A nik-nak is a spicy crisp, kind of like a Wotsit, ha ha! I believe he was calling me tiger, just crap at punctuation...
    Yeah I thought nik-naks were crisps all right! Duh Mondays!:P

• Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

In other news, I have a date on Wednesday. Please be normal, please be normal, please be normal!

Are you meeting up with them too soon before sussing them out maybe? I know its hard to tell whether a dude is 'normal' and you don't want to leave meeting up too long but jaysis, did your man seem normal enough the other day and just switch? :eek:

Actually, I saw a dude I grew up with on POF. Total weirdo. PM ladies if you want his name to avoid. :cool:

Larianne wrote: »
    Are you meeting up with them too soon before sussing them out maybe? I know its hard to tell whether a dude is 'normal' and you don't want to leave meeting up too long but jaysis, did your man seem normal enough the other day and just switch? :eek:

Actually, I saw a dude I grew up with on POF. Total weirdo. PM ladies if you want his name to avoid. :cool:

Guy I'm meeting on Wednesday I've been chatting to for about 10 days. Yesterday's freak, maybe 3 days? I wouldn't normally meet up with someone after so short a time but I was in town with my sisters anyway, so it was handy. Won't be making that mistake again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jar Of Hearts

Hi all,

Hope ye dont mind if I join this, am already a boards member but re-registered for this as I've a few friends online and it just isnt stuff i broadcast!

So anyway, I've been single about 2 years and I joined POF last summer and left and rejoined again and left...currently I am joined again.

So anyway, Ive been getting on okay. Ive gone on a nice few dates, actually made a really nice friend from here and all from a few dates where there was no chemistry but lots of spark.

My little history

First date: this one i really liked/like still as we have teh odd contact now and I see him about, but I can tell he is a player and I cant be messing my poor head with that type

Second: a guy who seemed really shy at first and then two drinks in asked did i want to go back to his! Currently friends with this guy now, the stories he has from the people he meets on it, agog.com!!

Third: 40 minute disaster date....get the gawk even thinking about it

Then I took a break.

Forth: A guy who was farrrr to heavy going straight on, constant texts, "what are you doing" all the time. I really dont like that

Fifth/ kinda current: a guy who is really alternative, which I never normnally go for (alternative, but not in a stinky hippy kind of way) and we have met a few times but although its nice-and we have kissed (swoon) neither of us are exactly cluing to the phones to each other, which I am enjoying.

Its been mostly positive enough for me. I am in stitches reading the nik-nak thing, how random and hilarious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fifth/ kinda current: a guy who is really alternative, which I never normnally go for (alternative, but not in a stinky hippy kind of way)

What?

What?

He is into complimentary medicine and has lots of different interests than me and they are of a more alternative nature. He isnt a hippyinsh, long haired free love kinda sort, maybe not explaining myself well!

I am in stitches reading the nik-nak thing, how random and hilarious!!

Glad I could brighten up everyone's day with that one!

• Advertisement

Its hilarious, if he was taking the p1ss he actually could be extremely funny, maybe test out that theory!! :P:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement