Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Gaeltacht Course

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 slandy

Machaire Rabhartaigh is unreeal! :) strict tho!

Has Anyone Got A Good , Not Too Strict gaeltacht For Under €500 ??
    Thanks.. x
    :):D:p:pac::cool::rolleyes:;)

Machaire Rabhartaigh or Loch an iuir! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Neddieog

babs41 wrote: »
    Hi, just read the posts about the courses. I'm hoping to send my son (16) on a course this year. Its between Colaiste Chiaran and Colaiste Shosamh in Galway or Colaiste na Roasann in Donegal..has anyone been to the one in Donegal?

I live 5 mins from Colaiste na Rosainn in Donegal and the same distance from the one in Machaire Rabhrtaigh and the Gaeilge is very much inforced and spoken. You wont regret sending your Child/Children there. Donegal has the best Irish without a doubt #Fact

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Neddieog

slandy wrote: »
    Machaire Rabhartaigh or Loch an iuir! :D
    Maith thú fhéin!

Neddieog wrote: »
    Maith thú fhéin!

go raibh maith agat! :) tá machaire rabhartaigh ar doigh! chuaigh mé anurigh :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Completely agree with that - its the same for me!

I'm going back as a Cunteoir this year! I've to go to the Cursa Cinnireachta in February...so that should be good! Did you do Cursa A/B/C? I've always done A...I prefer to go in June for some reason. :)
    Missed this post. :o I went to Cúrsa B in July 2009 and Cúrsa C in August 2011. I prefer the break from the brain-mush making summer. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32 1direction

I'm in 2nd year, I'm lookin for a Gaeltacht which I will learn loads a Irish (I get Bs in written Irish and Cs in oral, I would like to be gettin easy As) but with tht said I want to hav a gud time please help cus I Need ta book soon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

1direction wrote: »
    I'm in 2nd year, I'm lookin for a Gaeltacht which I will learn loads a Irish (I get Bs in written Irish and Cs in oral, I would like to be gettin easy As) but with tht said I want to hav a gud time please help cus I Need ta book soon:)
    No Irish College course will just give you easy A's. The subject will still require work and learning, but your expression in the language will improve. I can only speak of the courses I've been to but I never had any problems in Colaiste Sheosaimh. You'd be in Carna, the Junior college which tends to be a good laugh, with decent lessons each morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

Coláiste UISCE all the way! That was my first Gaeltacht, which I went to last summer(Having just finished 5th year, ha!) I was absolutely awful at irish but after going to uisce I felt my Irish had improved spectacularly. I'd really advise going there, plus you do water activities(as well as land activities) and get certs after your course.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

SeanMadd wrote: »
    Coláiste UISCE all the way! That was my first Gaeltacht, which I went to last summer(Having just finished 5th year, ha!) I was absolutely awful at irish but after going to uisce I felt my Irish had improved spectacularly. I'd really advise going there, plus you do water activities(as well as land activities) and get certs after your course.

+1
    UISCE all the way mofos

• Advertisement

I don't mean to b picky but I don't pecticularly like water sports

I don't mean to b picky but I don't pecticularly like water sports

I didn't really either, but surfing and sailing ended up being really fun! But if you're really against water sports, choose a different coláiste.

I didn't really either, but surfing and sailing ended up being really fun! But if you're really against water sports, choose a different coláiste.
    Ok, thnx for the suggestion :) but I prob won't go ther, do u no any others :D

Ok, thnx for the suggestion :) but I prob won't go ther, do u no any others :D

I've only ever been to UISCE, so I can't really recommend any others. Although my friends went to Coláiste Lurgan and said it was good!

I've only ever been to UISCE, so I can't really recommend any others. Although my friends went to Coláiste Lurgan and said it was good!

Thnx my friend said tht wasn't the best, is colaiste sheosamh or chamus any gud :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

1direction, just a quick reminder that there is a "no text speak" policy on boards ;)

1direction, just a quick reminder that there is a "no text speak" policy on boards ;)

Oh sorry forgot :) back to the point please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dobh

does anybody know when the interviews take place for colaiste na bhfiann ? Also do they ask you to sing the national anthem at the interview ? my daughter is going and is very stressed about these two issues. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

dobh wrote: »
    does anybody know when the interviews take place for colaiste na bhfiann ? Also do they ask you to sing the national anthem at the interview ? my daughter is going and is very stressed about these two issues. Thank you.
    No, you don't have to sing! You just have to say both songs off by heart (if she's going to cursa a, if cursa b she only needs to know one). Then you just have a chat with the interviewer. I did it in first year for cursa a and it was grand. Tell her not o worry! Make sure she knows the songs well and she'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

My daughter is off to Spleodar - Rosmuc for the July course. She is really looking forward to it and I am delighted she is going as I place a lot of emphasis on her enjoying learning Irish. We are waiting to be called for our information night, is it at this night they have their interview and am I right in saying its a group discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    My daughter is off to Spleodar - Rosmuc for the July course. She is really looking forward to it and I am delighted she is going as I place a lot of emphasis on her enjoying learning Irish. We are waiting to be called for our information night, is it at this night they have their interview and am I right in saying its a group discussion.
    That's what happened when I was going on my first course with Spleodar anyway :) and btw, great choice.. Spleodar's second to none!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 zinny

is anyone going to the Coláiste Bhreandáin french and irish course in easter??? if any of ye did go; was it good????

Hey any1 been to colaiste rosann cus it looks pretty gud :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

Hi Guys.

I'm currently considering going to Gaeltacht, but I don't want to go for three weeks. So I was looking into 'Brú na pairce' It seems pretty intense but it should pay dividends. Anyone been there and could tell me a bit about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Moved your post into this thread TehFionnster to keep all the Gaeltacht chat together!

If any Leaving Cert student(or Junior cert) wants to go to the Gaeltacht during the Easter, coláiste UISCE is doing a revision course focusing on Oral and, well, Irish work :) I have 3 €100 vouchers off the course, as I'll be a cinnire there, so if you're interested send me a PM and I'll let you know more about it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Olivia1436

I am going to Colaiste Na Noilean this summer with my friend. My other friend recommended it to me and she said it was a lot of fun and that she learned Irish there :) Has anyone been there, or recommend it? Some people said it isn't great, but others said it was unreal? i am in second year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fionagotbored

Anyone going/ever been to Chorca Dhuibhne in Dingle? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FunTimess

Anyone going/ever been to Chorca Dhuibhne in Dingle? :D

I went there a few years back when i was going into third year! It was unreal!! I'm hoping to go again this summer before 6th year! I'm just worried that there will only be second years there and no one my age :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 FunTimess

Oh, does anyone know if/how much cinnire's get paid? I know it varies from colaiste to colaiste but if anyone has any details let me know :)

Advertisement