Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

awec wrote: »
    Yea, so you were telling us at the beers. Those were some stories!

:pac:

Did I tell you what she does with an empty wine bottle? And what she likes me to do with the same bottle :eek:

Shhhhh I could go to the recycling centre myself only it's dark, I'm afraid of the dark :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

niamhx wrote: »
    Shhhhh I could go to the recycling centre myself only it's dark, I'm afraid of the dark :(

Who's talking about you? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I'm in a taxi and the driver keeps talking, my responses are yes or no, I've no idea what he's no about I'm that brain dead :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pembily wrote: »
    I'm in a taxi and the driver keeps talking, my responses are yes or no, I've no idea what he's no about I'm that brain dead :o

Get off yer phone!

Get off yer phone!
    I was out of the taxi when I posted :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I was out of the taxi when I posted :p

Well... stop writing something in the present tense, when it clearly should have been in the past tense.

:mad:

:p

Oh shut up :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

I don't like taxi drivers who talk.

Except when I'm drunk.

Every single conversation I have with one seems to start off like so:

"Ah you're from the north"

"Aye mate"

"What part?"

"Mid ulster"

"Cheap booze up there"

"Compared to here? Yes"

I think I'm going to start getting into them and just saying "what time are ye on til?" or "busy the night?". They love that. :)

Try talking in a totally incomprehensible accent (ie a northen one :)), maybe mumble and demand an answer to your question, keep repeating it. They'll shutup then :D

Or invite them in for a drink with a little wink, unless your really unlucky that should work :D

Instead of going for a nap I decided the apartment was filthy so had to clean it, I am now wide awake (and clearly insane :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Engagement present?! WTF do you buy for an engagement present??? I was thinking a chest with a key that his missus can use to lock his balls away in. But I don't think that will go down well...any ideas? Engagement presents are usual crystal and candley things yeah?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Engagement present?! WTF do you buy for an engagement present??? I was thinking a chest with a key that his missus can use to lock his balls away in. But I don't think that will go down well...any ideas? Engagement presents are usual crystal and candley things yeah?

I got my mate this.. :D

GameOver-F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Picture Frames
    Wine Glasses
    Housey stuff.......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Sauve wrote: »
    Picture Frames
    Wine Glasses
    Housey stuff.......

*yawn* :pac:

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Picture Frames
    Wine Glasses
    Housey stuff.......

*yawn* :pac:

I know, it's all tat but what ya gonna do?

Unless they're very good mates/ family, then I'd put a lot more effort into a gift for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,768 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

A one for all voucher and a few pints will do rightly I reckon.
    Leave the gifts for the wedding (or do what I will do for weddings I'll be attending-cash in a card, bobs your uncle)

I know, it's all tat but what ya gonna do?

Unless they're very good mates/ family, then I'd put a lot more effort into a gift for them.

But the problem with those gifts is that the guy gets nothing out of it!!
    All lovely gifts but mostly aimed at the female in the couple.. what do you get the guy??

Like I said above, I got my mate that t-shirt and he got a real kick out of it.

• Advertisement

ToxicPaddy wrote: »

But the problem with those gifts is that the guy gets nothing out of it!!
    All lovely gifts but mostly aimed at the female in the couple.. what do you get the guy??

Like I said above, I got my mate that t-shirt and he got a real kick out of it.

Good point- one of our mates sent us out for dinner actually....that was nice.
    Or a few could club together and get them a weekend away?

You are engaged! Or married?

You've been holding out on us Sauve! :pac: :pac:

Whoops- awkward! No, very much single!!
    I was engaged though, all ended last year. Didn't quite make it to the marriage part :p

Kinda forgot myself when posting that :D

Oh, crap! My bad, sorry Sauve. :o:)

Ah hey don't be daft youve nothin to apologise about!
    I'll tell ye all about it over a beer :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

evening all.

the sun actually had some heat in it today, it was weird going out this evening, weird but nice. I made a big load of pasta bake for myself...nommy! heading home tomorrow for a few days. kinda looking forward to it now

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Just in case anyone has been told otherwise, I'll set the record straight right now;

Power-washing is not fun!

Want to clean mine?
    Um no, you are sick and I am staying WELL away from sick people :P
    A weekend away is nice, you can get good deals through groupons :)

Enjoy the days at home SUN. I am so tired, I really have the brain capacity of a fart today! Not good...

Evening all!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement