Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ShaneU wrote: »
    Not yet, only using remote play, which was laggy and low-res when I tried it

Works with most of them, wouldn't work with killzone liberation for me, if it shows up in the content manager it'll work. And yes you have to download it on the ps3

does FF7 crysis core work? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Varik

does FF7 crysis core work? :o

crisis core would if it was on psn at all.

I'd put money on SE releasing it at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

I'm sure a few people have worked this out, but not seen it mentioned on the thread (admittedly I've not read every page) - But here is how you get Netflix on an Irish/UK Vita. Worked fine for me. Not tried it for games, but I am guessing it would work too, I saw FIFA for $40 (€30).

http://mentalgamers.com/2012/02/how-to-us-netflix-on-a-uk-vita/

EDIT: Actually, for games you would have to switch each time you wanted to play as they are locked to the account it is downloaded on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

so it does look like the vita has some sort of issue for some peoples wifi that cant obtain their location for near or google maps

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Near-not-working/td-p/15175567/page/17

hopefully a fix in the next software update resolves it :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

BArra wrote: »
    so it does look like the vita has some sort of issue for some peoples wifi that cant obtain their location for near or google maps

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Near-not-working/td-p/15175567/page/17

hopefully a fix in the next software update resolves it :mad:

thank god its a widespread problem and not just mine and a few others on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Is anyone else having trouble pairing the vita with a macbook pro using bluetooth?

Cant get it to connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

hi, is it posisble to charge your vita on your pc/laptop via usb? And can you buy seperate USB spare cables?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

hi, is it posisble to charge your vita on your pc/laptop via usb? And can you buy seperate USB spare cables?

It is indeed possible,use the usb thats with your charger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

i tried connecting my vita to my pc and it doesnt charge the battery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

it is, once the vita is powered off. if its powered on it wont charge

and they're proprietary cables, so they're probably difficult to find at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

i tried connecting my vita to my pc and it doesnt charge the battery?

Make sure it's enabled in the settings. Also I think the Vita has to be off to charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

BTW the AC Adapters for my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Galaxy Nexus both work with the Vita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

great, that means car chargers will work

caspa307 wrote: »
    settings location data, make sure everything is ticked, then go to security>parental controls >content level 11>browser allow>location data allow

didn't work :( but thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Was somebody asking if they saw blazblue? Cos I saw it in Gamestop for 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

cloud493 wrote: »
    Was somebody asking if they saw blazblue? Cos I saw it in Gamestop for 35.

Me, I picked it up on Wednesday,thanks though.

Me, I picked it up on Wednesday,thanks though.

whats it like?

whats it like?

Much better than Marvel vs Capcom, it feels like the PS3 version of Blazblue and it is well worth €35. Everybody's Golf is amazing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Wow, I'm going to Toronto in two weeks, and the Vita is over €60 cheaper over there.

I could pick up a wifi-Vita, 8gb memory card and a game for €240 by the looks of things. Screw that, I'll wait.

Wow, I'm going to Toronto in two weeks, and the Vita is over €60 cheaper over there.

I could pick up a wifi-Vita, 8gb memory card and a game for €240 by the looks of things. Screw that, I'll wait.

to be honest, i would pay 60eu to have my one now and here :p

its a great great machine!

btw hows uncharted lads? i was very meh about it, but after seeing a few videos it really took me over...

• Advertisement

remote play is freaking awesome! was playing chrono trigger earlier on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

remote play is freaking awesome! was playing chrono trigger earlier on it

Its a pity the final fantasy's dont work but used the remote play to get it going, great feature bbut not exactly new to psp's

Is chrono trigger on the UK store?

Is chrono trigger on the UK store?

No,got it on the us store

I never used the remote feature on my psp :O:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

No,got it on the us store

Is it possible to connect to the US store instead of the EU store? Would I need to create a new account?

I have no way to get US PSN credit >.< I would buy that game so fast.

animaX wrote: »
    Is it possible to connect to the US store instead of the EU store? Would I need to create a new account?

Ya make a new psn account and set usa as your home country

you can buy it on ebay I think and the seller sends you on the code via email,if you wanted to get it that way.

ebay, most sellers will email you the psn code as soon as you pay,you do need PayPal though.

Guys. Is it better to fully drain battery and then charge up? Or can I charge when it's half gone? I don't want to destroy battery as any earlier batteries were very sensitive for that. Is vita same?

• Advertisement

I think its uniersally better to let the battery drain then fully charge. Its what I'm doing right now instead of playing wipeout :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement