Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The select and start button of the vita are now my most hated key/button of any device and that includes the 360s shoulder buttons which were at the top. Motorstorm is mostly to blame for me wanting to press select.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

The Content Manager is driving me mad. I added some new videos to my mac to transfer to the vita. I changed the target folder for video in the assistant and hit okay and now it's going through all my folders again. This'll takes ages, just to add 2 new videos. Is this the only way of getting it to pickup new content to copy over?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianmcdon

Loving the Vita so far. I've bought Tales from Space, Super Stardust, Motorstorm and Uncharted. Is there any other 'must haves' you guys think I should take a look at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

brianmcdon wrote: »
    Loving the Vita so far. I've bought Tales from Space, Super Stardust, Motorstorm and Uncharted. Is there any other 'must haves' you guys think I should take a look at ?

Rayman Origins is awesome and looks better than any other game on the Vita IMO.

Escape Plan also has me addicted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I adore this console <3 anyone have any websites with awesome vita backrounds? Only one I've found so far is gamesradar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

cloud493 wrote: »
    I adore this console <3 anyone have any websites with awesome vita backrounds? Only one I've found so far is gamesradar.
    http://freevitathemes.com/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462902

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I thank you :3 How do I properly copy videos over? I have loads of MP4 videos on here, but its only showing one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

caspa307 wrote: »
    go outside and turn start it up thats how i got it to work now it works perfect, also check your location/parental settings

K that didnt work,where are the parental controls?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Big Knox wrote: »
    I need to stay away from the PS Store, every time I go into it I end up making a purchase!!

Just picked up Monster Hunter Unite for the psp, better free up some time to play this bad boy!!
    So you are not in eu? It's not avelable for eu :( atleast I haven't seem it in psp section on my vita ...

The transparent wallpapers are great, you can choose what colour background goes behind them

4LnEK.jpg

• Advertisement

So you are not in eu? It's not avelable for eu :( atleast I haven't seem it in psp section on my vita ...

Buy it on ps3 and transfer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I posted a while back about the region being the same in NZ and Europe, cheers for the replies but I've got one more question about the PSN store. If I set up a new account here will it be obsolete when I get home? I'm here for another 7 months so I don't want to have it all set up here only to find that my account and any purchases I've made while I've been here will disappear when I get back or that I'll be made set up a new account when I get back either.

I don't have a PS3 so I won't be able to sync them to sort out the problem (if there is one) that way. A guy in EB Games here said he didn't know the story with it but advised probably not to set up an account here.

I think it might be pretty pointless for the Vita to be offline all that time considering its a big selling point of the device. Can you rack up trophies from games in offline mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I posted a while back about the region being the same in NZ and Europe, cheers for the replies but I've got one more question about the PSN store. If I set up a new account here will it be obsolete when I get home? I'm here for another 7 months so I don't want to have it all set up here only to find that my account and any purchases I've made while I've been here will disappear when I get back or that I'll be made set up a new account when I get back either.

I don't have a PS3 so I won't be able to sync them to sort out the problem (if there is one) that way. A guy in EB Games here said he didn't know the story with it but advised probably not to set up an account here.

I think it might be pretty pointless for the Vita to be offline all that time considering its a big selling point of the device. Can you rack up trophies from games in offline mode?

You can buy NZ$ PSN Cards on ebay when you come back home.

You can buy NZ$ PSN Cards on ebay when you come back home.

Could I play online with PSN users from Ireland/Europe or would I only be linked to Australasia?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Could I play online with PSN users from Ireland/Europe or would I only be linked to Australasia?

I just realised how stupid this question was, scrap it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ShaneU wrote: »

the vita will be tied to the psn account he has, if he doesnt have an eu psn account the game downloaded on an eu psn account to his ps3 won't transfer to his vita

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

The transparent wallpapers are great, you can choose what colour background goes behind them

4LnEK.jpg
    Can anyone tell me where I can get wallpapers like these? I want to dress up my Vita a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Reading this thread its fair hard not to be Very tempted to rush out and buy it, after all the glowing reviews of the hardware and the already loaded software line up. Just curious to know what the Battery life is like and any thoughts on what the 3G Version is like for the few of those who opted with that version. I'll probably wait a few months as i'm replaying through Mass Effect 1 at the moment then moving onto ME2 before 3 arrives in a few weeks, oh & i'm a fair bit skint.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

GTR63 wrote: »
    Reading this thread its fair hard not to be Very tempted to rush out and buy it, after all the glowing reviews of the hardware and the already loaded software line up. Just curious to know what the Battery life is like and any thoughts on what the 3G Version is like for the few of those who opted with that version. I'll probably wait a few months as i'm replaying through Mass Effect 1 at the moment then moving onto ME2 before 3 arrives in a few weeks, oh & i'm a fair bit skint.

3G version don't see why it's useful. I have it and so far haven't used it for anything really. But I have my iPhone for quick Internet searches while on the move.

Battery life looks like 4.5-5 hours continuous play. Didn't test it.

So buy it on psn store with ps3, then download it on pc then transfer with cable over to ps vita?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

So buy it on psn store with ps3, then download it on pc then transfer with cable over to ps vita?

No, just connect vita to ps3 then you use content manager on the vita to transfer the game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

K that didnt work,where are the parental controls?

settings location data, make sure everything is ticked, then go to security>parental controls >content level 11>browser allow>location data allow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Super Stardust and Wipeout both awesome games. Uncharted hasn't even had a look in yet :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Battery isnt amazing tbh. Fully charged it last night and after about an hour the power display was down by half. That half does last a few hours though.

i've been using the vita at lowest or mid brightness and it still looks grand, full is nice but not really needed.

No, just connect vita to ps3 then you use content manager on the vita to transfer the game over.

does it work with all psp games? i still got to download game on ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Are PS1 games currently downloadable and playable on Vita?

I really want one of these to ease the pain of my two hour commute each morning and evening, but none of the launch titles really blow me away, to be honest. I'd probably pick up Fifa, but it's Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX that I really really want to revisit.

Not yet, only using remote play, which was laggy and low-res when I tried it

does it work with all psp games? i still got to download game on ps3?
    Works with most of them, wouldn't work with killzone liberation for me, if it shows up in the content manager it'll work. And yes you have to download it on the ps3

I really want one of these to ease the pain of my two hour commute each morning and evening, but none of the launch titles really blow me away, to be honest. I'd probably pick up Fifa, but it's Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX that I really really want to revisit.

Not yet.

You could play PSP Final Fantasy games which include the older none ps1 games. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Varik wrote: »
    Not yet.

You could play PSP Final Fantasy games which include the older none ps1 games. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions is good.

but not crisis core, as I've just found out. That's p****d me off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement