Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianmcdon

Loving Super Stardust, need some competition for the leaderboards though.
    PSN: MaC-IE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

brianmcdon wrote: »
    Loving Super Stardust, need some competition for the leaderboards though.
    PSN: MaC-IE

I'l give you an add in a bit :) if I buy a bigger memory card, how do I transfer stuff from one to the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Does anyone know when gravity rush will be out in EU? This lad did some bit of gameplay and it looks interesting, but his GF looks more omnomnomly interesting I must say though. Lucky bastard! :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Notorioux wrote: »
    Does anyone know when gravity rush will be out in EU? This lad did some bit of gameplay and it looks interesting, but his GF looks more omnomnomly interesting I must say though. Lucky bastard! :P

may 29th according to wiki

It'd be the 30th wouldn't it? Same as resistance?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

feck sake psn wont add funds to my wallet so I can't get super star dust at the reduced rate :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

mutant blob attacks is a great little game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

irishmover wrote: »
    mutant blob attacks is a great little game.

:D FANTASTIC GAME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I wish I had a hot Japanese girlfriend to translate stuff for me...... ;_;

All I have a is a dictionary and too much time on my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Glad I bought the vita.
    Spent most of the weekend playing escape plan.
    Very good game.
    On the downside, was playing in bed last night and when the screen goes completely black you can see some heavy blotting (lLooks like ink splashed behind the screen)
    Only happens when the screen is completely black though.
    It seems to be a normal thing with Oled screens.
    Should I be worried?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Is there cloud saves on PSN? Also if I buy a PSN game, and say my vita breaks, can I re download them using my PSN account? Really liking what I am seeing and hearing so far. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Is there cloud saves on PSN?

No, at least, not at the moment.

I am actually surprised that there was not more PS+ integration on the Vita. It certainly would have persuaded me to splash out on it if it benefited both the PS3 and Vita.
    DrMorphine wrote: »
    Also if I buy a PSN game, and say my vita breaks, can I re download them using my PSN account?

Yes you can. However, when you do, I would recommend logging into the Playstation website and removing the broken PSV from your activated devices so that you free up the slot [There are 2 PS3 slots and 2 PSV slots].

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Wow, I'm going to Toronto in two weeks, and the Vita is over €60 cheaper over there.

I could pick up a wifi-Vita, 8gb memory card and a game for €240 by the looks of things. Screw that, I'll wait.

have you factored in 13% HST Tax in that price though? the basic Vita is 249.99 Dollars which sounds great but with tax on top of that, brings it a lot closer to 300 bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

First software sales figures are starting to come through. In the UK, Uncharted has topped the all formats charts with Fifa Football in 2nd despite being only available on Vita. While this time of year is likely quiet in terms of software sales, that's still really impressive.

Rayman also jumped back up to number 5, mostly fueled by Vita sales, and Wipeout landed at number 11.

Will be interesting to see the hardware numbers when they come out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

For anyone who has FIFA football and also has it on 360/PS3, is it similar? I'm in hospital right now and would like something to occupy myself other than refreshing boards :P If it's like the ps3/360 version it would definitely keep me happy for a while :) Would the Xtravision offer, 280 for Wi-Fi model, Fifa and 4gb card be the best deal? (don't care about 3G)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

deano546 wrote: »
    For anyone who has FIFA football and also has it on 360/PS3, is it similar? I'm in hospital right now and would like something to occupy myself other than refreshing boards :P If it's like the ps3/360 version it would definitely keep me happy for a while :) Would the Xtravision offer, 280 for Wi-Fi model, Fifa and 4gb card be the best deal? (don't care about 3G)

Well the good news is Fifa is quite similar almost the same and alot of people would argue even better with the touch screen controls.That is a good deal but there may be better in other shops by now.The one thing I will say a 4GB memory card is going to fill up rather quickly,unless Fifa is the only game you are going to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

As far as I can make out, Fifa football is Fifa 11 with the squads and presentation of Fifa 12 (which is why it's unnumbered as it's a mix of versions). Not all modes of the full games are there but the game play is essentially the same with some Vita controls thrown in. I haven't done it myself, but I believe you can turn them off if you prefer. I'm rubbish both on ps3 and Vita so maybe I'm the wrong person to ask, but none of the other lads on here seem to have any problems with the gameplay. I'd say go for it.

Not sure of the best bundles now, but someone else might be able to advise you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Does fifa have all the lower league teams and proper career mode?

it does indeed

anyone else having problems adding funds to wallet in the psn store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

It has the proper career mode. Not sure about the lower league teams. Think it does though.

• Advertisement

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/ps-vita-wifi-3g-16gb-memory-card-uncharted-wipeout-2048-bought-25th-feb-f/1390904

best bundle you will find(no its not mine)

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    have you factored in 13% HST Tax in that price though? the basic Vita is 249.99 Dollars which sounds great but with tax on top of that, brings it a lot closer to 300 bucks.

i would imagine he could claim that tax back since he doesnt live there?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just bough monster hunter unite on psn. Downloading it.

Will have to buy more psn credit now FFs only 5 quid left :)

We need a thread for good psp games. I haven't played of for ages so I don't have a clue what's good and which ones work! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Just bough monster hunter unite on psn. Downloading it.

Will have to buy more psn credit now FFs only 5 quid left :)

We need a thread for good psp games. I haven't played of for ages so I don't have a clue what's good and which ones work! :(

You probably know this already but when in game hold down the touchscreen for a few seconds and when the menu comes up set the right analogue stick to the D-pad controls and you will have full camera control on the right stick. Monster Hunters biggest negative on the psp (camera control) is now not an issue!! Also turn on Bilinear Filtering and the colour option when in there!!

Gotta love the Vita!!! :D

Anyone have any tips for the wipeout time trials? Trying to get the very first one for the elite pass, need to do it in 2 minutes 30 seconds, best I can get is 2 minutes 32 seconds >.<

ok a bit cheeky but could ye vote for my cousin in this comp as he cant afford a vita lol http://apps.facebook.com/vita_vaults/profile/69

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

Anyone up for a bit of a competition on MotorStorm RC. Maybe setup some sort of league. Any takers?

padair wrote: »
    Anyone up for a bit of a competition on MotorStorm RC. Maybe setup some sort of league. Any takers?

yes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

padair wrote: »

Yep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Big Knox wrote: »
    You probably know this already but when in game hold down the touchscreen for a few seconds and when the menu comes up set the right analogue stick to the D-pad controls and you will have full camera control on the right stick. Monster Hunters biggest negative on the psp (camera control) is now not an issue!! Also turn on Bilinear Filtering and the colour option when in there!!

Gotta love the Vita!!! :D

I am still doing that school thing. Damn complex stuff in there. Alot of information and I did not even started weapon training... God...

Cera os very weird though, even with right analog stick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement