Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Schools Cups 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Wonder what made Dardis change from Newbridge to Nure, did it have anything to do with rugby?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Eh, what game were you watching??

A try in 1st 90 seconds, then one break away try when Zaga were in Nure 22 from an attacking line out & one charged down box kick.

Zaga winger stopped 3 yards from line after great break.

Zaga defense was immense.

Terenure were rattled at half time with the score at 8-3 facing into a stiff breeze in 2nd half & they got the bounce of the ball a few times.

That said, Terenure were the better team, they had a better bench and had more strength in depth.
    They were bigger physically in almost every single position and they were dominant at the breakdown and won lots of turnover ball

They knew they were in a game today, and for you to say the winning margin should have been higher is absolute sh1t€ talk.

If anything. It should have been & could have been a one score game such was the effort of the Gonzaga defence

I was going on the fact that, besides the points you made about Terenure being the better team, they missed 3 kicks in the first half and Gonzaga scored their try a few minutes from the end when Terenure were down to 14. A 20 point differential would have been about right IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Vanilla_Ice

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Vanilla_Ice

[/Quote]

[/Quote]

someones an angry g-zig fan? Nure were by far the better team though they did not play to their full potential could have been a lot worse for zaga

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

someones an angry g-zig fan? Nure were by far the better team though they did not play to their full potential could have been a lot worse for zaga

Do you think an "angry" fan would have said nure were the better team?

Fan - yes

Angry - No

Terenure deserved to win.

Very hard for a school with 550 who've never been to a SCT sem-finali to compete with a school with over 1000 & a history of Getting that far - and compete is exactly what Zaga did.
    That was my whole point.

But as usual - keyboard warrior ninjas jump out to play

• Advertisement

Do you think an "angry" fan would have said nure were the better team?

Fan - yes

Angry - No

Terenure deserved to win.

Very hard for a school with 550 who've never been to a SCT sem-finali to compete with a school with over 1000 & a history of Getting that far - and compete is exactly what Zaga did.
    That was my whole point.

But as usual - keyboard warrior ninjas jump out to play

Yes they did. They if anything had the better line out, half backs and tactical kicking. But they were murdered at the breakdown and that is where games are so often won and lost these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭milosh

Is there any truth to the Dan Leavy cruciate injury rumour. He should be one of the star players in the Cup this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Hagz wrote: »
    Wonder what made Dardis change from Newbridge to Nure, did it have anything to do with rugby?

Don't know any of the specific details but it had everything to do with rugby as far as I know! Can't be getting on a high horse though, all of the big 6 schools have been guilty of it at some stage, and it does give the player a better chance to win something.

Don't know any of the specific details but it had everything to do with rugby as far as I know! Can't be getting on a high horse though, all of the big 6 schools have been guilty of it at some stage, and it does give the player a better chance to win something.

If both parties are happy I don't really see the problem. He's pretty good from what I saw of him in that match. Do you know if 15 is his preferred position or does he usually play somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Podhod7

gfitz95 wrote: »
    Terenure are very average it must be said and in my opinion will struggle to get within 15 of Clongowes
    is that a joke??! Nure and CWC are the best teams in thi competition by a long show this your i reckon! i agree Nure were not at their bet today but their performance agaisnt Rock should make you embaressed of that comment! however i do believe Nure CWC will be a classic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

His Dad went to school in Terenure as far as I know, so that may of had some bearing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,601 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Quint2010 wrote: »

PS David Doyle was lucky not to be sent off

What did he do ?

saw bits of match, zaga's defense was excellent but lacked match winners out wide - nure's midfield was excellent - think they could even beat clongowes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Just back-good enough game but Terenure I felt were far more superior than the scoreline suggests. I thought their back row were excellent-the amount of turnovers they one was unbelievable. I thought Paddy Thornton Terenure's no 7 was their best player. Brewer was excellent-the guy is just huge for a 16 year old and put in some massive hits. Tim Schmidt looks a class act at SH and Terenure must be tempted to start him against Clongowes. McKeon and Fitzpatrick were Gonzaga's best players. Terenure Clongowes is going to be some match. I wonder when it will be re-arranged for?

Where was brewer playing today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

thebaz wrote: »
    What did he do ?

saw bits of match, zaga's defense was excellent but lacked match winners out wide - nure's midfield was excellent - think they could even beat clongowes
    As an oc I'm petrified that they think they'll cruise this. I think nure are a top outfit and for me it's neck and neck.......theres nothing in it says me......a classic ahead.

13 and he was quite impressive. Physical hits and a few breaks.

What did he do ?

Zaga were awarded a penalty and the scrumhalf have was tussling with a Nure player trying to get the ball for a quick tap. Doyle came in from a distance and smashed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

I saw the second half. There wasn't much between the teams. Terenure had the bigger team and used their size to win the game. Gonzaga were unlucky to lose by so much.

One player stood out for me. Gonzaga no. 10 Conor McKeon. His kicking from hand and passing were surprisingly good!

Zaga were awarded a penalty and the scrumhalf have was tussling with a Nure player trying to get the ball for a quick tap. Doyle came in from a distance and smashed him.

wouldn't say he would have smashed into the zaga second row , from what i saw he was there best player, along with there 10 - nures centres will give serious trouble to clongowes

wouldn't say he would have smashed into the zaga second row , from what i saw he was there best player, along with there 10 - nures centres will give serious trouble to clongowes

Who? Doyle or McKeon. Doyle was only on the pitch for a little bit so I'm assuming you're talking about McKeon. I thought the best player on the pitch was Billy Dardis.

Who? Doyle or McKeon. Doyle was only on the pitch for a little bit so I'm assuming you're talking about McKeon. I thought the best player on the pitch was Billy Dardis.

the zaga 10 - mckeon

to me it was out wide where they destroyed gonzaga - but again didn't see all the match

• Advertisement

Outside centre

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭gfitz95

Podhod7 wrote: »
    is that a joke??! Nure and CWC are the best teams in thi competition by a long show this your i reckon! i agree Nure were not at their bet today but their performance agaisnt Rock should make you embaressed of that comment! however i do believe Nure CWC will be a classic

I dont see how you think they were good against rock?That was the worst rock team in years and terenure could only beat them by 2?Doesnt say to much about them in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

I dont see how you think they were good against rock?That was the worst rock team in years and terenure could only beat them by 2?Doesnt say to much about them in my opinion.
    You cant say that. A rock team that were underdogs going into the game and had everything to gain against a team hotly tipped to beat them.
    Terenure would be expected to win well and would be criticised if they lost or didnt perform while rock if they won or performed very well in losing would have exceeded the expectations of most people

Terenure did well to avoid a potential banana skin

You said Terenure are very average and will struggle to get within 15 of Clongowes. While I think Clongowes will win against Terenure I fancy Terenure to get within 15 or so of Clongowes.

So how about you offer me Terenure +15 at 5/6 ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Billy Dardis was superb for Terenure. Does anybody know if he has another year or is he in sixth year now?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Dev5976

Wattle wrote: »
    Billy Dardis was superb for Terenure. Does anybody know if he has another year or is he in sixth year now?

He has another year

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Just back-good enough game but Terenure I felt were far more superior than the scoreline suggests. I thought their back row were excellent-the amount of turnovers they one was unbelievable. I thought Paddy Thornton Terenure's no 7 was their best player. Brewer was excellent-the guy is just huge for a 16 year old and put in some massive hits. Tim Schmidt looks a class act at SH and Terenure must be tempted to start him against Clongowes. McKeon and Fitzpatrick were Gonzaga's best players. Terenure Clongowes is going to be some match. I wonder when it will be re-arranged for?

its still going ahead on the 4th but the time has been brought froward to 12.30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

LFC5Times wrote: »
    You said Terenure are very average and will struggle to get within 15 of Clongowes. While I think Clongowes will win against Terenure I fancy Terenure to get within 15 or so of Clongowes.

Why would he lay you at +15 when he can go to the bookies on the day and back CWC at 5/6 giving up less than 15?

Id say the handicap for the semi may open up at around 7. I myself would be very much with Terenure with that start.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭gfitz95

LFC5Times wrote: »

Terenure have showed nothing to say that they are a good team so far in this cup.They beat a dreadful rock team by 2,a team that i feel wouldnt have come within 20 of Clongowes.They followed that up with another average performance against Gonzaga and were arguably flattered by the score line.It is my opinion that Ternure will get beaten well by Clongowes, probably by about 10 to 15,AKA a struggle to get within 15!I just dont see where people are getting their ideas from saying itl be a classic?Theres just no evidence to back that up.

• Advertisement

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Why would he lay you at +15 when he can go to the bookies on the day and back CWC at 5/6 giving up less than 15?

Id say the handicap for the semi may open up at around 7. I myself would be very much with Terenure with that start.

Because I want to see can he back up his comment on this forum that Terenure are average and will struggle to get within 15 of Clongowes. If he is confident of his comment he would do the bet with a fellow forumite.

Advertisement