Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Schools Cups 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Is that lad Sean Moran in the Connacht set-up so? Seeing as he's playin with Roscrea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 WillySignaigo

Hagz wrote: »
    Is that lad Sean Moran in the Connacht set-up so? Seeing as he's playin with Roscrea.

He's not currently, but he was sub last year and starting this year so I reckon he could get the nod after the cup if trials are happening. I also don't know where he's from originally. Anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

Thread closed until it has a tidy up. Matty2824 banned for a month. What a terrible thing to post.

'twas bound to happen....well done mods re your policing.

After yesterdays debacle, I hope we can return conversation to the Schools Cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Met a Clongowes parent today and he reckons Fromm (centre) and McFarland (full back) won't be playing next week against Terenure due to their injuries in the Castleknock game.

They looked like their 2 best strike runners so that evens up the odds a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

frankttaok wrote: »
    Met a Clongowes parent today and he reckons Fromm (centre) and McFarland (full back) won't be playing next week against Terenure due to their injuries in the Castleknock game.

They looked like their 2 best strike runners so that evens up the odds a bit.

Whatever about Fromm but Losing McFarland would be huge. He's been the most dangerous back in the competition so far in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rugbyman2015

Can people tell me how terenure are supposed to be senior cup favourites next year based on the fact they have a large number of 5th years starting and those 5th years won the junior cup in 2010? :confused:

Personally, I'm not won over by it and I think they'll face trouble from Michael's and 'Rock notably next year. They were utterly unconvincing for me on Thursday and are going to be up against a brilliant CWC side with a fierce pack.

Not trying to be pragmatic in any way, just curious on what people think of this year's team and then next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Whatever about Fromm but Losing McFarland would be huge. He's been the most dangerous back in the competition so far in my opinion

Yep a big loss, he got a bang in the face scoring his second try and damaged his jaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Can people tell me how terenure are supposed to be senior cup favourites next year based on the fact they have a large number of 5th years starting and those 5th years won the junior cup in 2010? :confused:

Personally, I'm not won over by it and I think they'll face trouble from Michael's and 'Rock notably next year. They were utterly unconvincing for me on Thursday and are going to be up against a brilliant CWC side with a fierce pack.

Not trying to be pragmatic in any way, just curious on what people think of this year's team and then next year.

I suppose there are a few things you can go on-they walked the junior cup in 2010 and demolished Michaels in the final. They have eleven players who started against Blackrock who will be back again next year-plus two more from the bench. They were also missing two players thru injury and three of their nine Leinster interpro's didnt start in either of their matches who will all be back next year. Of course 'Rock and 'Michaels could be stronger due to their junior teams of 2011 coming thru but its hard not to see how Terenure won't be favorites next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

They're a group of lads who've been playing together a long time and know how to win. Next year they'll have even more experience and maturity and people like O'Neill, Dardis, Brewer and Borza and others will be even better players. Not surprised in the least that they'd be favourites.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 wongus69

I hear Borza has been battering opposition scrums

After yesterdays debacle, I hope we can return conversation to the Schools Cup!

Hear hear willy

Hagz wrote: »

From what I hear he hails from Clondalkin,in our own fair town of Dublin. Hope to see him in the Leinster setup son, he'll bring a physicality and confrontational nature not seen before 'round these parts!

wongus69 wrote: »
    From what I hear he hails from Clondalkin,in our own fair town of Dublin. Hope to see him in the Leinster setup son, he'll bring a physicality and confrontational nature not seen before 'round these parts!

Doubt he'll make it into the Leinster set-up, unless he has another year. The reason I asked if he was from Connacht is because if so then that could be a possible route for him. The list of props coming through within the Leinster set-up is monstrous and looking at his year, the two top guys are Byrne and Boland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I hear Borza has been battering opposition scrums

128710094906949880.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

CUS V Kilkenny at 3:00 today in Donnybrook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Moore_sean

Anyone want to keep this bad boy of a thread threaded with the score updates? I fancy Kilkenny to win 6-9 close game but the Kilkenny pack will obliterate the CUS one, although they have been practising their scrums so far as to say their forwards coach is quite the scrum 'nazi' (excuse the awful use of the term, but needs must). I've heard he made Gonzaga do in excess of 25 scrums consecutively instead of a much awaited rematch after CUS's wallowing defeat to Gonzaga in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Got the nickname Big Show after the wrestler for their uncanny resemblence. Always wear's an Arsenal jersey under the Roscrea jersey, you can notice it in photo below.

7665553.jpg

7665632.jpg

Gave students past and present the greatest memory in the game vs Michaels with a dummy pass and step off the left foot to beat the defender and make 10 meters in the 22. Priceless. Good player

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Kilkenny leading 10 - 6 at half time. Kilkenny got an intercept try against the run of play with 7 minutes to go and have been pressing since then. Game is wide open

17 all into added time

• Advertisement

Kilkenny win with a last minute try. Really want to see a replay of the last plays of the match, as the linesman overturned the referee's decision about the try.

Just home from the game. Cracking game of rugby and a horrible way for CUS to lose.

CUS were winning 6-3 with about 7 or 8 minutes left in the first half, they ran a backs move, and at the end did a switch with the winger, ball didn't go to hand and Kilkenny fullback(?) picked up the lost ball and ran from the half way line in under the posts. 10-6 to Kilkenny at half time.

CUS were first to stike in the second half, penalty to make it 10-9. Kilkenny came straight back and got a converted try, 17-9. CUS then came back into it in a big way, a big surge up the pitch, Kilkenny centre was then sin binned (repeated infringements and had been warned). CUS used the ball well during this time scoring a try in the corner, conversion missed, 17-14. CUS was pressing hard and got a penalty under the post to level it up, 17-17.

The last 10 minutes were broken up due to 2 injuries. Kilkenny were on the attack for most of it, but couldn't get into the CUS 22. Finally came to the last play of the game, Kilkenny still couldn't get into the CUS 22, so the outhalf dropped back into the pocket. Scrum half passed out to him, CUS were alive to it and had 3 or 4 defenders up to the outhalf and the drop goal was partially blocked. It then fell into the hands of a Kilkenny man who had been up at the previous ruck who had an easy run into the corner. The ref signalled that the Kilkenny man was offside and gave a penalty to CUS. Their players surround the ref and started giving out, and at this the linesman came in and overruled the ref. That was the last play of the game and conversion was missed, 22-17.

An absolutely heartbreaking way to lose the game. The way Kilkenny luckily got the ball when it was partially blocked was bad enough, but the fact that the ref gave a penalty to CUS (incorrectly) and then had it overruled made it even more heartbreaking.

It was a cracking game of rugby, and a draw would have been a fair result!

Just home from the game myself, thought Kilkennys 2, 3, 4, and 8 were good and CUS 10 did well. Think Kilkenny deserve the win and think they'll put it up to Michaels/Pres. Didn't catch 8's name but a group of young lads next to me in the terrace kept referring to him as Roid Benin? Anywhere close to his real name?

Just home from the game myself, thought Kilkennys 2, 3, 4, and 8 were good and CUS 10 did well. Think Kilkenny deserve the win and think they'll put it up to Michaels/Pres. Didn't catch 8's name but a group of young lads next to me in the terrace kept referring to him as Roid Benin? Anywhere close to his real name?

I think Ross Deacon was 8. Do you know what position Shane Delahunt was playing?

I think Ross Deacon was 8. Do you know what position Shane Delahunt was playing?[/Quote]

He was playing tighthead, excellent player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fitz78

BDJW wrote: »
    Just home from the game. Cracking game of rugby and a horrible way for CUS to lose.

CUS were winning 6-3 with about 7 or 8 minutes left in the first half, they ran a backs move, and at the end did a switch with the winger, ball didn't go to hand and Kilkenny fullback(?) picked up the lost ball and ran from the half way line in under the posts. 10-6 to Kilkenny at half time.

CUS were first to stike in the second half, penalty to make it 10-9. Kilkenny came straight back and got a converted try, 17-9. CUS then came back into it in a big way, a big surge up the pitch, Kilkenny centre was then sin binned (repeated infringements and had been warned). CUS used the ball well during this time scoring a try in the corner, conversion missed, 17-14. CUS was pressing hard and got a penalty under the post to level it up, 17-17.

The last 10 minutes were broken up due to 2 injuries. Kilkenny were on the attack for most of it, but couldn't get into the CUS 22. Finally came to the last play of the game, Kilkenny still couldn't get into the CUS 22, so the outhalf dropped back into the pocket. Scrum half passed out to him, CUS were alive to it and had 3 or 4 defenders up to the outhalf and the drop goal was partially blocked. It then fell into the hands of a Kilkenny man who had been up at the previous ruck who had an easy run into the corner. The ref signalled that the Kilkenny man was offside and gave a penalty to CUS. Their players surround the ref and started giving out, and at this the linesman came in and overruled the ref. That was the last play of the game and conversion was missed, 22-17.

An absolutely heartbreaking way to lose the game. The way Kilkenny luckily got the ball when it was partially blocked was bad enough, but the fact that the ref gave a penalty to CUS (incorrectly) and then had it overruled made it even more heartbreaking.

It was a cracking game of rugby, and a draw would have been a fair result!

Didnt CBC get a try like that as well against CUS? ball not going to hand and length of the pitch try its such a harsh way to concede

• Registered Users Posts: 28 WTF007

Wattle wrote: »
    They're a group of lads who've been playing together a long time and know how to win. Next year they'll have even more experience and maturity and people like O'Neill, Dardis, Brewer and Borza and others will be even better players. Not surprised in the least that they'd be favourites.

I know there has been a lot of juvenile posting but....Roscrea are in with a serious chance next year. They got to a cup final last year, beat the favourites this year (Michaels in normal time) and I know from speaking to sources in the school that they believe next years team to be the strongest of the last 3 teams. Obviously Terenure, Rock CWC and Michaels will always be in the shake up bur Roscrea are serious threat next year. Not looking for a reply but i would like this post reposted on March 17 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Kilkenny win with a last minute try. Really want to see a replay of the last plays of the match, as the linesman overturned the referee's decision about the try.

Were there cameras at this match? Would love to see it on Setanta if they're going to show it.

Were there cameras at this match? Would love to see it on Setanta if they're going to show it.

Nope, it wasn't on Setanta live anyway. I'm fairly sure this was the only one of the 4 quarter-finals that wasn't covered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

BDJW wrote: »
    Nope, it wasn't on Setanta live anyway. I'm fairly sure this was the only one of the 4 quarter-finals that wasn't covered

I know it wasn't on live, but then it did clash with a certain match in Murrayfield.

I was just wondering whether we're likely to see highlights on Setanta at some stage. Did anyone who was there spot any camera crews?

Advertisement