Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chuggers Getting Fresh??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Charity Muggers = Chuggers. I prefer the term "Chunts".

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Dealing With Chuggers:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thepieman12345

I remember once a friend and I were walking down Grafton street, we saw two chuggers harassing an old woman, she clearly was trying to get them to leave her alone, we went over and said she wasn't interested ( she was trying to keep walking but they kept blocking her way, after we told them to leave her alone they left, she asked us if she could use one of our phones to ring the guards, she told them on the phone what happened, the guards about five minutes later came down, she saw them and pointed the two out (who were harassing someone else at the time) they promptly went over and arrested the two chuggers for harassing the old lady. not sure if it was actually brought any further though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

KTRIC wrote: »
    I keep reading all these complaints about chuggers but I've never once had any problems from them :confused:

I had problems with three of them within a 50 metre stretch today. None of them would take no for an answer and only backed off when I asked them for a lend of money.

C*nts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Had one of them call to the door this evening and he was way over the top: hands flailing about and ranting off about the weather. Their tricks don't work on me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

haha it seems senator catherine noone is trying to get rid of chuggers.... nice one catherine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭tigger123

I remember once a friend and I were walking down Grafton street, we saw two chuggers harassing an old woman, she clearly was trying to get them to leave her alone, we went over and said she wasn't interested ( she was trying to keep walking but they kept blocking her way, after we told them to leave her alone they left, she asked us if she could use one of our phones to ring the guards, she told them on the phone what happened, the guards about five minutes later came down, she saw them and pointed the two out (who were harassing someone else at the time) they promptly went over and arrested the two chuggers for harassing the old lady. not sure if it was actually brought any further though

:pac:

I keep reading all these complaints about chuggers but I've never once had any problems from them :confused:

Me neither, kinda baffled by this thread. And I work and live in the city centre, have done for years and NOT ONCE experienced any problem with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

I chugged for a couple of years about ten years ago in London and it was great fun. Good money, few pints every lunchtime, travel to the seaside regularly etc. and trust me, the London public are a lot harsher critics of chugging than the Irish(we worked occasional weeks in Belfast and Dublin).

And of course we very occasionally got insulted by people. But it was only very rarely. All the keyboard warrior tales on here of telling chuggers to fuck off and the like crack me up. You might get told to f off once a week at most in reality. Most of you just look away or try not to make eye contact. Which is fair enough.

It's been 8 years since i did the job, and looking back I wonder why I did, but it did help to progress my career by moving into management.

Now when I see a chugger I just say "Sorry, not got the time".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

tigger123 wrote: »
    Me neither, kinda baffled by this thread. And I work and live in the city centre, have done for years and NOT ONCE experienced any problem with them.

Just out of interest what height are you ?? I think I have a hunch ;)

• Advertisement

summerskin wrote: »
    I chugged for a couple of years about ten years ago in London and it was great fun. Good money, few pints every lunchtime, travel to the seaside regularly etc. and trust me, the London public are a lot harsher critics of chugging than the Irish(we worked occasional weeks in Belfast and Dublin).

And of course we very occasionally got insulted by people. But it was only very rarely. All the keyboard warrior tales on here of telling chuggers to fuck off and the like crack me up. You might get told to f off once a week at most in reality. Most of you just look away or try not to make eye contact. Which is fair enough.

It's been 8 years since i did the job, and looking back I wonder why I did, but it did help to progress my career by moving into management.

Now when I see a chugger I just say "Sorry, not got the time".

The Grade A horsesh*te being peddled on this thread is hilarious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ironman76 wrote: »
    Dealing With Chuggers:

0:13 to 18 looks like judo gene lebell is the stuntman

Just out of interest what height are you ?? I think I have a hunch ;)

You think you've a hunch how tall I am?! 5'7 ... is this who I think it is?!

tigger123 wrote: »
    You think you've a hunch how tall I am?! 5'7 ... is this who I think it is?!

Who do you think this is ?? :confused:

My reasoning for asking your height was I'm fairly tall and well built and these lads and ladies give me a wide berth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I did chugging for one day for PAWS. Never went back, quit after like 2 hours.

We were told to wear short skirts and low cut tops.
    Should've known from the start really.

I did chugging for one day for PAWS. Never went back, quit after like 2 hours.

We were told to wear short skirts and low cut tops.
    Should've known from the start really.

anyone try to "paw" you in that low cut top and short mini skirt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

anyone try to "paw" you in that low cut top and short mini skirt?

Ba dum tish :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

haha it seems senator catherine noone is trying to get rid of chuggers.... nice one catherine. :)

she's in favour of us throwing away over €600m in borrowed money in overseas aid though

Who do you think this is ?? :confused:

My reasoning for asking your height was I'm fairly tall and well built and these lads and ladies give me a wide berth.

Oh, sorry, misunderstood. Don't think height etc comes into it really, a polite but firm "no thanks" works for me every time.

A lot of Steven Segal types on here though, looking to (keyboard) knock peoples (warriors!) teeth out! :D

If you get one that's giving you static, he probably thinks he's a real cowboy, so you gotta break that son of a bitch in two. If you wanna go somewhere and he won't let you, cut off one of his fingers. The little one. Then tell him his thumb's next.

:D

• Advertisement

just give them fake names addresses, & bank account details... if everyone started doing that it would soon become not worthwhile being a chugger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Are any you aware that you're not actually required by law to engage with them?

When I see them coming towards me like I'm their long-lost brother I just say "Sorry, have a good day." They'll usually return the pleasantry and I continue on my way without breaking stride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dump

On Talbot St. the other day some big fat pig of a girl actually stuck her leg out in front of me while asking my name.

I find by increasing pace and essentially banging into them that usually puts them in their place. As they move to obstruct my path it is not my fault if they get a bit of a shoulder off me.

Although lately I have found myself to be drawn into their line of fire and playing a game of human bowling with them, knocking them out of my path. They tend not to be so friendly and curious of my name after that.

Immense sense of satisfaction after.

Dump wrote: »
    On Talbot St. the other day some big fat pig of a girl actually stuck her leg out in front of me while asking my name.

I find by increasing pace and essentially banging into them that usually puts them in their place. As they move to obstruct my path it is not my fault if they get a bit of a shoulder off me.

Although lately I have found myself to be drawn into their line of fire and playing a game of human bowling with them, knocking them out of my path. They tend not to be so friendly and curious of my name after that.

no you don't. You sheepishly walk past them avoiding eye contact and mumbling "sorry" under your breath, just like all the other keyboard warriors here.

You are all so full of crap.

should get a t-shirt printed saying "chuggers, NO!, now sod off"

summerskin wrote: »
    no you don't. You sheepishly walk past them avoiding eye contact and mumbling "sorry" under your breath, just like all the other keyboard warriors here.

You are all so full of crap.

Why would I say sorry?

It is very easy to bang into them, and they can't say a word as they have to be all happy and annoying to the next person.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

I think you might be referring to a dream you just woke up from, rather than anything that happened in reality

jaja321 wrote: »
    I think you might be referring to a dream you just woke up from, rather than anything that happened in reality

What's so hard to believe about banging into someone that get's in your way ffs?

• Advertisement

Why would I say sorry?

It is very easy to bang into them, and they can't say a word as they have to be all happy and annoying to the next person.

Of course they can say a word, stop talking drivel. Also if you intentionally walk into someone who is standing still, you're a bully. Now climb back behind your keyboard and pretend you are a big man again.

Funny thing is they probably all earn more than you, if you work at all.

Advertisement