Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

my god pure vg is ****ing thick
    i was trying to mix some vg with my dk-tab for use with my chibi tank, as the juice is so thin it was flooding the cartos after a few days, in the tank these boges are ****ing incredible for the first day but with juices this thin they just flood so quickly and while they're still vapeable for a week or so after that.. it's not as enjoyable. Vaping becomes effort.
    I got a week out of the first carto, but the other 2 have only lasted 3-4 days each. when I get more stainless boge's I'll punch the holes myself and make them a bit smaller, but as I have 5 pre-punched cartos left I was trying to thicken up the juice a little bit
    but dear god it completely bunged up the needle on my syringe.. had to force the juice out and then blow through the needle. and I just now realised I've no idea what strength my juice is now.. it was 11, but I added a fifth to a quarter of 0mg vg... at least I hope it was 0mg.

on the plus side, the juice is still vapeable.. I don't notice any reduction at all in flavour and hopefully now with the little vg I added to it it doesn't flood the carto after half a week.

--edit

oh, nevermind. as soon as I hit submit on the post I took a drag and got a serious burnt taste. guess it's not vapeable at all, and I ruined a carto :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I got a week out of the first carto, but the other 2 have only lasted 3-4 days each. when I get more stainless boge's I'll punch the holes myself and make them a bit smaller, but as I have 5 pre-punched cartos left I was trying to thicken up the juice a little bit
    Are these reg cartos or DCCs?
    I wonder if theirs an optimum viscosity for juice either in a tank or carto? Carto especially as you could make the hole to fit the flow, IfYouKnowWhatIMean, Something the manufactures should consider testing for and printing on the box I think.
    Posibly flavors could change it but at least you'd have a starting point.

regular boge 510's, standard res.

like they're *so* good for the first tank fill..it's no effort at all to inhale and get vapour, it just gets a little harder each fill

i still have 4 pre punched cartos, and another pre-made tank so I'm not done with them.. just after wasting 3ml of juice I'm going to vape on a non-punched boge for a while :) sick of fiddling about with needles anyway

i dont know if it'd even be possible to tailor the punch holes to juice thickness when you consider how many people make and sell juices.. it'd be an exercise in futility almost.

parkesvaping do make pretty big holes, so when i make an order for stainless boges next month I'll get a saddle valve and fiddle about with hole size myself. or I might just try and include a tiny bit of vg rather than the .5-1ml I put in this time

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I use a water:VG 1:9 mix as a base. Undiluted VG is very thick alright.

Not your ornery onager

purified water? or will tap water do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

purified water? or will tap water do

Distlled water.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I've been using tap water with no problems. Distilled is probably best - the water from a condenser clothes drier is a good free source! Definitely don't use tap water if you are in a hard water area though.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Sitting here reading about the infamous 'burnt taste' from atomisers. Laughing actually. It's probably the worst possible taste in the history of the world and we've all tasted it.

One particular poster on another forum was dry burning new atties to prime them - wick not removed. Couldn't get rid of the burnt taste matter how many atties he dry burned before use!! I really felt for him as he even got sick but persisted with it for weeks. Poor guy!

Eventually somebody told him not to dry burn new atties but I couldn't help laughing because I feel his pain. Must be the worst taste ever.

decided to try out my chibi tank again after a week or so just vaping boges straight

two of the prepunched cartos are just ****ed. first one gave me a burnt taste very early on, second one isnt giving me any vapour at all
    i only have two left and im not sure im bothered sucking out all the juice again, then reassembling the tank

I might have to start saving for a proper repairable atty, this is getting kinda ridiculous

--edit

well, tried another carto in it.. at least this time it works perfectly

decided to try out my chibi tank again after a week or so just vaping boges straight

two of the prepunched cartos are just ****ed. first one gave me a burnt taste very early on, second one isnt giving me any vapour at all
    i only have two left and im not sure im bothered sucking out all the juice again, then reassembling the tank

I might have to start saving for a proper repairable atty, this is getting kinda ridiculous

--edit

well, tried another carto in it.. at least this time it works perfectly

I know what you mean though. I had the same carry on last week and I spent the day fecking about with leaks, burnt taste, juice on fingers and everything just going wrong.

If anybody ever comes out with a robust, long lasting, faffing free kit they will make a fortune.

• Advertisement

I may have been overfilling it.. but Im pretty sure I filled it to that level before and it all worked fine
    *shrug*

still happy enough with them, I just wish I had more spare punched cartos :)

one thing ill say, they take a ****ing beating
    moved this week, and my desk is currently on a non carpeted floor so it's sliding all over the place. I think i've sent the lavatube crashing to the ground six or seven times already today.. just happened now with an almighty bang.. not a scratch on the 'tube or the chibi tank

I think i've sent the lavatube crashing to the ground six or seven times already today.. just happened now with an almighty bang.. not a scratch on the 'tube

Was the Lavatube a good buy then? What battery are you using with it now, same as the one in the kit on IrishVapers which they also sell separately?
    http://www.irishvapers.ie/lavatube/150-lavatube-kit.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

If anybody ever comes out with a robust, long lasting, faffing free kit they will make a fortune.
    +1, I was looking into moving away from DCCs, they're good, but I'd prefer something without filler and where you can easily see how much liquid is in them. eGo-C looked promising and I was going to order a set, but I'm seeing lots of reports of leaking, CE3 smokymisers looked good, but I'm seeing reports of them short circuiting and killing batteries. Pretty much everything seems to have some drawbacks, I guess it's just a case of compromising on the ones you cxan live with for the moment.

derra wrote: »
    Was the Lavatube a good buy then? What battery are you using with it now, same as the one in the kit on IrishVapers which they also sell separately?
    http://www.irishvapers.ie/lavatube/150-lavatube-kit.html

nah, I bought some genuine AW IMR 18650's from flashaholics
    and yeah, it was a great buy :)

if I trusted myself to vape less I'd love to kick it up to 18mg strength juice just for the added throat hit @ 5v, but I'm a chain vaper. I vape chains, and I don't see that changing just because I increase nic strength.

nah, I bought some genuine AW IMR 18650's from flashaholics
    and yeah, it was a great buy :)

if I trusted myself to vape less I'd love to kick it up to 18mg strength juice just for the added throat hit @ 5v, but I'm a chain vaper. I vape chains, and I don't see that changing just because I increase nic strength.

Have to go and have a proper read about batteries, it's the one thing i can't get my head around with different makes, lengths, protected/unprotected etc.
    If one of the sites here got the eGo Mod i would just get that for it's simplicity.

yeah I was awfully confused around the time of the lavatube battery news, spent 2-3 nights just reading forums and sites.
    from what I gathered the IMR's are just safer chemically, so if they do go faulty and start venting there's no risk of a flame or an explosion

and protection is just an added circuit to the battery to prevent shorting or something, means the battery is a bit longer than it oughta be for the amount of charge it holds.

I wonder what % of the "smoking" population in Ireland have converted to e-cigs? With all of the vendors now popping up, there must be a solid and growing market?

a large chunk of it is probably seven or eight people here frantically trying to find the perfect atomiser :)

well
    i was filling my chibi tank with the last ogf my wensten
    and for whatever reason, the pressure in the tank must have built up and powered through the needle seperating the syringe from themetal needle addon and blowing the juice all over the place including right into my eye

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

well
    i was filling my chibi tank with the last ogf my wensten
    and for whatever reason, the pressure in the tank must have built up and powered through the needle seperating the syringe from themetal needle addon and blowing the juice all over the place including right into my eye

Although I detest the phrase, but would you consider this a "Health & Safety" issue?

• Advertisement

probably not, it never even hinted at happening before
    it was probably a freak chance of my putting the needle in at just the wrong angle so there was no way for the air to escape as I was replacing it with fluid. so the pressure just kept building and building. 1 in a million chance if even i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Considering I chain vape at 32mg and am still not 100% satisfied...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Liqua stuff at TBS is my favourite but a bit expensive and only comes in 10ml bottles.

They have Liqua in 30ml bottles now, priced at €10. Not bad considering their normal (Dekang?) is €9.50. Although their premium (their own mix?) is on sale at €6.50 which is pretty great.

Just ordered 30ml Liqua Menthol and 30ml Liqua Grape, I'll report back how they work out in the reviews thread.

stevenmu wrote: »
    They have Liqua in 30ml bottles now, priced at €10. Not bad considering their normal (Dekang?) is €9.50. Although their premium (their own mix?) is on sale at €6.50 which is pretty great.

Just ordered 30ml Liqua Menthol and 30ml Liqua Grape, I'll report back how they work out in the reviews thread.

Yeah, just ordered 30ml Liqua Strawberry this morning myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

probably not, it never even hinted at happening before
    it was probably a freak chance of my putting the needle in at just the wrong angle so there was no way for the air to escape as I was replacing it with fluid. so the pressure just kept building and building. 1 in a million chance if even i'd say.

This happened to me using the Arry tank a few times, think I was injecting it too fast cause when I do it slowly it never happens. It REALLY REALLY hurts when it goes in your eye though :(:(

I see the Vapour Store now stock cartomisers. Pricing looks good too I think?

I'm gone off the DCC LR from TBS as I find they are too hot for me. Would the 1.7 ohm single coil be a good intermediate between atomisers and DCC LR?

I use an eGo battery.

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/cartomisers/cat_86.html

I see the Vapour Store now stock cartomisers. Pricing looks good too I think?

I'm gone off the DCC LR from TBS as I find they are too hot for me. Would the 1.7 ohm single coil be a good intermediate between atomisers and DCC LR?

I use an eGo battery.

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/cartomisers/cat_86.html

Maybe try these dripping atomisers.
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/atomizers/joye-306-low-resistance-atomizer/prod_159.html
    You will need this drip tip....
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/drip-tips/joye-306-transparent-driptip/prod_160.html
    Just a couple drops through the drip tip does it and vape away.
    Ya be doing that frequently.

These seem to be popular too, different brand. There is no mesh in the bridgeless and like above in the others. It's specified which are or are'nt bridgeless in the descriptions.

http://www.safercigs.co.uk/Bauway_Atomizers/cat705284_969851.aspx

Cannon drip tips are recommended for the bridgeless.
    http://www.safercigs.co.uk/306_Drip_Tips/cat705284_871233.aspx

Best to read about them first on a few sites to make your mind up.

These are supposed to be great as well, but maybe all just hyped up.
    Again, have a read on a few sites about the different types and look at the dates of posts from users from first impressions to couple weeks later.
    http://www.safercigs.co.uk/NEW!_IKENVAPE_Atomizers/cat705284_1085804.aspx

Alot of it depends on your usage, what do you expect for the money, how long do you think it should last. Disposables ain't built to last.
    But some people use less than a ml per day, some go up to 6ml and this will affect how long it lasts which can also depend on if ya get a good one or not.
    With prices ranging from €1.50 to €100 + ya have to be realistic with their capabilities.

Ya know what? I'm going to buy the 306. The reviews are very good.

Think I'll throw my hat at all of these tank systems and just go with the dripping. Keep cartos for driving etc.

Ya know what? I'm going to buy the 306. The reviews are very good.

Think I'll throw my hat at all of these tank systems and just go with the dripping. Keep cartos for driving etc.

No harm in trying it.
    Bit of luck and you might like them.
    Remember, a couple drops is all you need per few puffs.
    Too much and it will leak, you will suss it out anyway when to put a couple drops in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the electronic cigarettes any where in Ireland, preferable in Munster (other than online). I'm looking for some quickly, but Vapour Ireland are out of stock.

Advertisement