Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

Just got my DCT v2 today and so far not impressed at all.

Soaked the cartomizer and half filled the tank without too many problems.

However the draw is pretty much non-existant? Could it just be a dud cartomizer or am I doing something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

ScottTNT wrote: »
    Hello, I have a Jasper & Jasper e-cigarette. I lost the usb charger so i'm trying to find another one, also it seems to be difficult locating the cartridges these days. Mcabes chemist isn't carrying them anymore apparently. Anyone know a shop that carries them? Thanks

I used to vape the Jasper & Jasper ecig when I first started vaping.
    Overall they weren't bad for a starter ecig, but sometimes they could be a bit inconsistent. Worked fine most of the time but sometimes they would keep firing even after stopping drawing.

I think all chemists have stopped selling ecigs as they are unlicensed as a medical device. So you might find it hard to find them.

If I was you I would go for something different rather than the hassle of chasing down Jasper & Jasper parts and cartridges. Probably cheaper and a better experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Tom123 wrote: »
    If I was you I would go for something different rather than the hassle of chasing down Jasper & Jasper parts and cartridges. Probably cheaper and a better experience.

+1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Tom123 wrote: »
    Just got my DCT v2 today and so far not impressed at all.

Soaked the cartomizer and half filled the tank without too many problems.

However the draw is pretty much non-existant? Could it just be a dud cartomizer or am I doing something wrong.

could be a dud carto alright
    i had one of the v1 dct's and the draw was pretty good

maybe you overfilled the carto and because of the tank system, it can't dry itself out enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

ScottTNT wrote: »
    Hello, I have a Jasper & Jasper e-cigarette. I lost the usb charger so i'm trying to find another one, also it seems to be difficult locating the cartridges these days. Mcabes chemist isn't carrying them anymore apparently. Anyone know a shop that carries them? Thanks

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/jasper-jasper-revive-starter-p-106.html?osCsid=a012e5a7cbdbab1bd8dc9b83c81d73a0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I would have thought 15 Euro per week is about right? I could probably get away with less in terms of the juice but it's the constant trying out new hardware thats costing me the most.

Initially something like a 510 will be "effective" to get you off the fags but after a while I think I wanted to get something which was more "enjoyable".

If you like cartomisers you are all set but if you dont like them many of the other options have a learning curve and a certain amount of fiddling.

That does seem kinda steep but if it includes experimentation well.....

I settled from the start on ego't/dual coiler cartos and it costs me no more than €20 a month for juice and max 2 cartos. I've probably spent €200 in 9 months on top of this trying different juices but I'm pretty much done with that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

That does seem kinda steep but if it includes experimentation well.....

I settled from the start on ego't/dual coiler cartos and it costs me no more than €20 a month for juice and max 2 cartos. I've probably spent €200 in 9 months on top of this trying different juices but I'm pretty much done with that now.

Yeah, I cant use carto's cos of the taste I get from them and I've wasted a heap on clearomisers etc over the last month.

I've got an eGo-C for the last couple of months and it's cost me nothing since the initial purchase and I just got a Biansi iMist today and that seems to work very well too. That should have me sorted for hardware now so hopefully a couple of purchases of huices will be my only outlay..........until I see some other new heap of junk that i cant resist trying of course! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

Hello everyone!

I picked up an intellicig yesterday. Very impressed so far but as a COMPLETE noob I have a few questions that need answering I've read a fair few threads but I need some clarification on a few things if ye don't mind, sorry if the questions seem fairly obvious or anything!

I'm deffo going to need another battery so I've had a look around and the battery that comes with the intellicig is an evolution.

Does anyone know if I could use a JOYE510 battery with the intellcig atomizer or the intellicig usb charger for that matter?

When buying liquids and blank cartridges instead of the standard already filled cartridges, do the blank cartridges come with a "blank" sponge inside that a put a few drops of the liquid onto?

I was never a fan of sweet tobacco but the "tobacco flavour" in these is growing on me, but could any one recommend a less sweet liquid?

What liquids are easier on the throat PG or VG and which one will create LOTS of vapour?

Cheers!

dont know about battery replacements for yours, i'd reccomend you ditch that kit and buy yourself an ego battery with an imist atomisers, or dual coil cartomisers. but that's another 50-60 quid altogether so.. someone else might be able to answer your battery question

http://www.irishvapers.ie/157-biansi-imist-ego-system.html this is the imist system, apparently the only thing it won't do for you is give you natalie portmans phone number.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/ego-t-dcc-promotional-starter-kit/prod_207.html
    this is a dual coil cartomiser kit, out of stock atm but if you're interested in it I can make a post with links to each individual part you can get seperately. work out cheaper thanb the starter kit, because no carry case. warm vapour, loads of it and good flavour too although the imist gives a "cleaner" flavour as it doesn't have to use filler to feed the juice to the atomiser.
    the cartomisers are exactly like you said, bit of filler inside. fill with liquid, away you go.

deluxe tobacco and wensten are pretty nice tobaccos imo, flu cured is very strong flavoured but definitely not sweet. you can get them from thevapourstore.ie and thebesthop.eu standard liquids. im sure some of the other sites in the "where to buy " thread have them too. they are dekang juices, the "standard" brand of juices really.

im not sure which is easier on the throat.. i *think* it's VG. pg carries more flavour and vg gives more vapour. also I don't think (but am open to correction by someone who actually knows what they're talking about) that your device can really produce a huge amount of vapour, its battery is just too weak and i think any replacement batteries you get for it would be similar enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

What Digby said plus Intelicig are not compatible with 510 fittings.
    Get an ego and some cartomizers. Try some small bottles of juice to find a flavor you like.
    Now you know that ecig suit you it money well spent up front. Youll get it back in saved cash on fags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

Thanks for getting back to me lads!

I have another 25 cartridges to go with the intellicig so once they're gone I'll up grade and start having a right time working up a good steam with different flavours etc.

I think my brother has a few spare batteries from when he gave up so I might just borrow his in the mean time.

I'm so delighted with the vaping, thought I was going to be on the blasted fags for the rest of my life and I haven't craved one in days, whole attitude to smoking has changed with it and everything.

Finally light at the end of the tunnel!

(my post count is too low to thank at the minute to but I would if I could!)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

In a similar boat. Just ordered an eGo-T and looking forward to chucking the cigs. Have stayed off before for a few weeks but always go back. Determined this time and this looks like the perfect way to fill those habitual/enjoyable ones and still be able to walk up some stairs!

good luck!
    any problems/questions when you get it, come back here and ask :)

good luck!
    any problems/questions when you get it, come back here and ask :)

Thanks... I'm sure there'll be one or two!

just remember when you're filling the tank not to fill it 100%, afaik you have to leave a little bit of air in the top or else...I dunno, the world ends or something

ego-t is pretty straightforward anyway, a lot of people start with it but most end up moving on to something else as it can be kinda prone to leaking
    good starter kit though and you will have the batteries with it so if you want to get another kit in a few months time, you wont have to spend another 30 quid on them.

chacal wrote: »
    Thanks... I'm sure there'll be one or two!

Yes, there will be but this forum is full of nice people who have already gone through the experience and are full of infomation. :)

Thanks for the tip.
    I did look at a few reviews before ordering and it had some pretty positive feedback. Good to hear some parts are interchangeable

Well Ego-T arrived this morning (thank you TheBestShop) along with some 24mg USA Mix. Great first impressions - good throat hit.
    Not in manual (and apologies if answered already) but when not in use is it best to leave the tank in or remove it?

leave it in I think, but i dont know if it actually matters that much

Yeah, leave it in. The less taking on and off of the tank the better really in terms of leaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

chacal wrote: »
    Well Ego-T arrived this morning (thank you TheBestShop) along with some 24mg USA Mix. Great first impressions - good throat hit.
    Not in manual (and apologies if answered already) but when not in use is it best to leave the tank in or remove it?

Leave it together. I've noticed it leaks slighlty even with the caps on. But that's expected as there's a hole there :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Oh yes, leave the tank in as much as you can, removing it from the atty the whole time will lead to nothing but a mess.

Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lisij

hi there lads, i have a dad who decided to quit smoking, but finds it hard to do doh... so we decided to buy him an e-cigaret, what would be the best of them all e-cigarets out there to buy, we have around 70-100eur to spend.. hi is a heavy smoker, smokes around 1,5-2 packs a day, smokes strong in nicotine fags.. your recommendations please, thank you

i'll reccomend a cartomiser set up

this video goes through both of the cartomisers ill reccomend, should ghive you a rough idea for what a cartomiser is and how to use them. they're very straightforward, althouguh obviously if you are new to them anything can be confusing.
    some of what he says isn't neccesarily relevant to you, but im mainly linking it to give you an idea of what i'm reccomending.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego-c/joye-ego-c-spare-parts/joye-ego-c-battery/prod_233.html 1000mah batteries (be sure to select 1000mah option at the bottom)
    the battery. if he's such a heavy smoker he oughta gofor either 900mah or 1000mah.
    I'd kinda reccomend 900mah. it wont last quite as long, but the 1000mah batteries really are very long.. might be kind of off putting to someone making the switch from cigarettes
    http://www.ezsmoke.ie/riva-battery-p-117.html 900mah batteries . it's up to you whether or not you think he'll mind the quite long battery or the medium length (but still I suppose compared to a cigarette quite long)

oh and you'll want 2 batteries, they can take 3-4 hours or longer to charge.
    you could get the 650mah battery, it is quite a bit smaller. probably about the size of a cigarette itself (but thicker) but if he's a heavy user he'll have have one on charge all the time as it'll just run out fast.

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/rapid-charger-p-119.html
    charger for battery

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/irish-mains-adapter-p-118.html usb to mains adapter for the charger

(if you go for the 1000mah option from thebestshop, you might prefer to order charger/adapter from the same site so here are the links http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego-and-ego-t/spare-parts-for-joye-ego/fast-usb-charger-for-joye-ego/tornado/eco-ego/riva/prod_111.html http://www.thebestshop.eu/accessories/mains-to-usb-adaptor/prod_60.html)

http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/dual-coil-lr-xl-cartomizer/prod_196.html

the dual coil cartomiser mentioned in the video

http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/510-xl-lr-empty-cartomiser/prod_227.html
    the boge cartomiser mentioned in the video

both are pretty much just fill and go, there is a very slight learning curve when it comes to how to properly fill it and how much juice it can take.. but very slight, quickly be picked up.
    the dual coils hold a bit more juice so wont have to be topped off as often, they also produce a slightly warmer and "rougher" vape.. maybe more similar to a cigarette?
    the boge's have a cleaner flavour and are mellower than the dual coils.
    I'd reccomend to get a couple of each to start off with, then he can make the choice of which one he prefers.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/drip-tips/transparent-drip-tips/prod_146.html
    drip tip. you take off the little white cap of the cartomiser, slot this into the hole and you wrap your lips around the drip tip to vape. not strictly neccesary but better than wrapping our lips around a potentially warm cartomiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I got the Joye eGo-Titan (Tank) as my first e-cigarette.

Cant complain really. Ive got a starter pack from The Varpour Store.

Reason why i got the Titan was because in 24 hours id smoke around a pack. So i decided to go for the Titan because I could fit a large battery on it and larger cartridge for smoking, less replacing during the day.

Got the starter pack cause its better value, youd also want a a spare battery in case the first one dies. While one battery is charging you can just always use the second one.

In total i paid around 80 euro for the starter pack, e-liquid and postage.

it's normally a good idea to have a small stash of unused cartomisers as they are so cheap and so new that it's still possible to get some duds in an order. While you generally oughta get a week (or more, depending on your vaping habits) out of a single carto.. it's possible to get one that craps out after 2 days.. or even one that works, but underperforms from the get go. it's just something you have to deal with when you vape with cartomisers, but they're so cheap it's not the biggest issue. it's just annoying when you haven't kept a supply up and you run into two duds in a row, not exactgly common.. but it can happen.

if he smokes that many cigarettes i'd say a minimum of 18mg juice
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/standard-eliquid-pg-/-vg/10ml-eliquid-pg/prod_99.html
    or
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/liqua-eliquid/cat_40.html

maybe 24mg even. or get a bottle of 24 and a bottle of 18, see if the 18 keeps him satisfied.
    it's important to note that no tobacco ejuice tastes like a cigarette as it's pretty impossible to duplicate the taste of burning plant material and paper but nice tobacco juices from those sites (in my opinion) are
    deluxe tobacco
    winston/wensten
    marlboro/us mix
    cuba cigar

juices are kinda the most awkward thing as it's hard to know what he'll like, and what one person loves another might hate. the good thing is there are so many suppliers of different juices around that you can keep working until you find something you love.
    the first link there are dekang juices, a very common mass produced (well made) juice line. i'd say you're best getting a few flavours in 10ml bottles until he knows what he likes, after that it's 10 euro for 30ml or 15 euro for 50ml and if he's happy with the flavour/strength then he's golden

the liqua juices are newer, italian made and in terms of flavour pretty damn nice. if he wants to branch out into a fruit flavoured juice, or the coffee/tirimasu.. no harm in getting a 10ml bottle at 4.50 or whatever it is

ill have a read over both my posts and make sure i didnt forget anything, any more questions or if you want me to explain something in more detail just ask

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lisij

i'll reccomend a cartomiser set up

this video goes through both of the cartomisers ill reccomend, should ghive you a rough idea for what a cartomiser is and how to use them. they're very straightforward, althouguh obviously if you are new to them anything can be confusing.
    some of what he says isn't neccesarily relevant to you, but im mainly linking it to give you an idea of what i'm reccomending.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego-c/joye-ego-c-spare-parts/joye-ego-c-battery/prod_233.html 1000mah batteries (be sure to select 1000mah option at the bottom)
    the battery. if he's such a heavy smoker he oughta gofor either 900mah or 1000mah.
    I'd kinda reccomend 900mah. it wont last quite as long, but the 1000mah batteries really are very long.. might be kind of off putting to someone making the switch from cigarettes
    http://www.ezsmoke.ie/riva-battery-p-117.html 900mah batteries . it's up to you whether or not you think he'll mind the quite long battery or the medium length (but still I suppose compared to a cigarette quite long)

you could get the 650mah battery, it is quite a bit smaller. probably about the size of a cigarette itself (but thicker) but if he's a heavy user he'll have have one on charge all the time as it'll just run out fast.

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/rapid-charger-p-119.html
    charger for battery

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/irish-mains-adapter-p-118.html usb to mains adapter for the charger

(if you go for the 1000mah option from thebestshop, you might prefer to order charger/adapter from the same site so here are the links http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego-and-ego-t/spare-parts-for-joye-ego/fast-usb-charger-for-joye-ego/tornado/eco-ego/riva/prod_111.html http://www.thebestshop.eu/accessories/mains-to-usb-adaptor/prod_60.html)

http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/dual-coil-lr-xl-cartomizer/prod_196.html

the dual coil cartomiser mentioned in the video

http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/510-xl-lr-empty-cartomiser/prod_227.html
    the boge cartomiser mentioned in the video

both are pretty much just fill and go, there is a very slight learning curve when it comes to how to properly fill it and how much juice it can take.. but very slight, quickly be picked up.
    the dual coils hold a bit more juice so wont have to be topped off as often, they also produce a slightly warmer and "rougher" vape.. maybe more similar to a cigarette?
    the boge's have a cleaner flavour and are mellower than the dual coils.
    I'd reccomend to get a couple of each to start off with, then he can make the choice of which one he prefers.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/drip-tips/transparent-drip-tips/prod_146.html
    drip tip. you take off the little white cap of the cartomiser, slot this into the hole and you wrap your lips around the drip tip to vape. not strictly neccesary but better than wrapping our lips around a potentially warm cartomiser.
    its all fine and dendy, but is there a kit or something, or i have to buy everything separate?

there's no kit for the dual coils in stock anywhere atm

ezsmoke have a dual coil kit, but the dual coils are clear.. and i can't reccomend them any time i've used a clear dual coil i've not enjoyed it at all and after you've filled them 2 or 3 times the filler looks pretty disgusting inside the clear case.
    http://www.ezsmoke.ie/dual-coil-cartomizer-starter-p-96.html

you could order that if you want (they also have dekang juices, same as thebestshop)
    but i can not stress enough how much I hated the clear dual coils. they were kinda.. delicate. you had to be real careful screwing them off the battery or the casing could seperate from the battery end and the filler would fall out. it isn't definitely going to happen, but it happen to me pretty often whenever I tried the clears so now I just use the blacks/stainless steels.

discount code of "vape" at ezsmoke until the 24th
    discount code of "irishvape" at thebestshop
    think both are 10%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 BeetleDeuce

And remember, when you do find what you want, shop around for the best price.
    There are a lot more e-cig vendors in Ireland now to choose from.http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73498870

Advertisement