Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Samba, thats awesome.
    Did you just stop altogether or did you reduce the strength gradually and stop?

Cheers,

I started on 24mg (which I found far too strong), went all the way down to 6 in small steps, but then I found I started vaping too much again, so I went back to 11mg and gradually reduced my intake. You have to take baby steps, start with the first pang of the day and make yourself determined to ride it out, just tell yourself you can have a vape later, then you approach the next one, the following day and so forth, it's just a matter of ridding yourself of those ritualistic vapes you become accustomed to.

In all previous attempts at give up smoking, at one point or another I've always had a moment where I've stopped and thought, I'll never be able to have another cigarette again and I couldn't bear the thought of this because I knew once i started having just one or two that I'd be back on them in no time and it simply wasn't an option.

When I decided on quitting vaping, it didn't occur to me that I'd never be able to vape again, because I always felt that it would fairly harmless to continue on ultra low nicotine consumption for those moments of great duress, and as you decrease your intake levels, these moments become less frequent naturally.
    derra wrote: »
    Fair play, it has worked out extremely well for you.
    I'd like to get to that stage where i can just vape when neccesary.
    At the moment i'm still thinking to get this or try that as i enjoy it but definitely wanna rely on vaping less and will focus on that in time.

Any Mods to sell? :P :D

The best advice I can offer is take it slow and at your own pace, and the old saying of out sight is out of mind holds true, pack up your equipment and put it out of touching distance apart from a few bare essentials, and don't have them too easily accessible either. You'll soon find yourself spending less time going rummaging for a quick vape :)

Unfortunately I've no mods/variables and no Halo liquids left either as my bro cleaned me out, I do have a few freebies I'll throw up soon, been rather busy lately.

So err..ehh...ahem, liquids right guys? :D (sorry mods :o)

can anyone recommend a good tobacco tasting e-liquid. marlboro lights type taste...? for when I crave a baccy taste...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im loving the dekang wenston/winston atm, cuba cigar is nice but can be a bit harsh. Pall mall is pretty good, has a distinctive flavour which may or may not be your thing.

flue cured tobacco is pretty good too but it has a serious flavour. it's one of the strongest flavours ive foudn yet in a juice. I'd reccomend wensten first before any of the others, but theyre all nice

im loving the dekang wenston/winston atm, cuba cigar is nice but can be a bit harsh. Pall mall is pretty good, has a distinctive flavour which may or may not be your thing.

flue cured tobacco is pretty good too but it has a serious flavour. it's one of the strongest flavours ive foudn yet in a juice. I'd reccomend wensten first before any of the others, but theyre all nice

best place to pick up wensten dekang?

glasso wrote: »

best place to pick up wensten dekang?
    The best shop has it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I'm not feeling the love as far as the Halo juice is concerned.

I got two small sized bottles this morning - Torque56 and Freedom Juice.
    First of all I'm amazed anyone ever compared these to Tobacco of any kind.

Freedom 18mg, tastes like Candy floss with a bit of cream soda thrown in, not like tobacco but not unpalatable either
    Torque 56 tastes like you're inhaling burnt plastic with a bit of fruit added - it's the worst stuff I've ever had.

The Chinese liquids may not always be the best but at least they're usable.

Don't believe the hype!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 surferdwb

mrplop wrote: »
    I'm not feeling the love as far as the Halo juice is concerned.

I got two small sized bottles this morning - Torque56 and Freedom Juice.
    First of all I'm amazed anyone ever compared these to Tobacco of any kind.

Freedom 18mg, tastes like Candy floss with a bit of cream soda thrown in, not like tobacco but not unpalatable either
    Torque 56 tastes like you're inhaling burnt plastic with a bit of fruit added - it's the worst stuff I've ever had.

The Chinese liquids may not always be the best but at least they're usable.

Don't believe the hype!

I too thought that Freedom juice was awful on first trying it, so bad in fact that after my first vape on it I stuck it in a drawer and ignored it.

But one day when I was running dangerously low on juice I had to give it another go and was blown away at how different it tasted, it was like a whole new juice, I think maybe these halo tobacco flavored juices need the air to get at them for a while before they taste as they should.

I don't regularly buy freedom juice, but recently bought a small bottle along with a bottle of Prime 15, when I received them I just opened the bottles up and left them with the lids off all day and night, they tasted fine after that..

I think you're right - sometimes these need to be left to breathe for a while.

I can't imagine the Torque tasting nice at any point but I'm hoping that I can use it at some point - I have too many 10ml bottles sitting in my box at home, most of which I can't imagine ever using.

Right at the moment I'm using a Liqua Cigar tobacco which I hated initially, after a few months it's pretty decent.

I'm a little freaked - I've been using Dekang VG RY 4 for the past 3 or 4 months, got a new bottle last week and it tastes pretty unpleasant. I don't know if it's me or the formula of the juice but it makes me feel sick when I vape with it.

I'm back to square one trying to find an everyday vape.
    I did get a bottle of RY 4 from bestecig (great service) but he only has 24mg - tastes good but gives me nic nausea because of the strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

This is something I hate, the inconsistency with liquid that sometimes happens.

Sometimes when a new bottle arrives, I can see at a glance that it's a darker or lighter shade than the one I put it next to. Sometimes it just tastes different!

I've found though, in general, that I just get used to it after a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

I find that I do develop a taste for eLiquids that I originally didn't like and vice versa. Taste also varies a lot depending on device used.

Having said that I the watermelon flavour I bought still tastes like smoking cabbage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Having said that I the watermelon flavour I bought still tastes like smoking cabbage!
    I often ran out of tobacco but never resorted to that :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

can anyone recommend a good tobacco tasting e-liquid. marlboro lights type taste...? for when I crave a baccy taste...

I don't think any of them taste like tobacco to be honest! Maybe its just me though!

I don't think any of them taste like tobacco to be honest! Maybe its just me though!

you are probably right. only one that I've tried was a 24mg 2.5ml usa mix (a bit expensive at 3.50 euro) from irishvapes that I bought along with my imist. it's ok. Somebody here told me that wensten is good but I have yet to try.

Bestecig.ie Tobbaco VG 24mg;

This will always be a subjective thing but this flavour is the closest I've EVER got to smoking a real cigarette, I'm actually blown away by how close this is to analogues - no trace of sweetness at all.

Vapour 9.5/10.
    Taste 9.5/10

Bestecig.ie Cigar VG 24mg;

Again, the closest I've had to had to a Cigar but in fairness I was never a regular Cigar smoker. In comparison to the liqua (which I do like ) there's no sweetness and the vapour smells real - this could be a bad thing as I'm a workplace user.

Vapour 9.5/10
    Taste 8.5/10

The Bestecig fluids are top notch but the thing to note is that they're all VG which could be a prob for the Ego T users out there.

The Halo freedom juice from IrishVapers which I thought was a bit average to begin with has really grown on me - it's really, really nice but nothing like tobacco - probably not a bad thing.

I don't know if I can bring myself to spend over €20 on a 30ml bottle of efluid though...

you are probably right. only one that I've tried was a 24mg 2.5ml usa mix (a bit expensive at 3.50 euro) from irishvapes that I bought along with my imist. it's ok. Somebody here told me that wensten is good but I have yet to try.

sorry - it was 5ml for 3.50 so not bad! my mistake.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

A very quick review:

Inawera sent me a sample bottle of their Universal tobacco flavoured base last time I ordered from them.

I ran out of my home-brew over the weekend, so have been using this for the last couple of days. It reminds me a little of RY4, which seems to be quite popular here - but not quite as bitter. It's not bad at all. Flavour and hit are pretty good, though the cart I'm using is on its last legs, so I'll try it with a fresh one and see how I get on.

I think I've been vaping too much recently; possibly because the tobacco mint stuff I usually make isn't giving me enough of a throat hit to want to take a break.

So I might either stick with this stuff, or add some some mint flavour to it.

Flavour and hit are pretty good,

This is what I'm mixing with at the moment, if you do mix, add little by little. I found that it works best with the non tobacco flavors and you loose it own slight taste if you add too much.
    I'm a bad example tho cos I tend to drop a bit into a condom and see if its OK then try to get the same with 5ml. Condoms hold 1 ml nicely and 1drop is about 5% so ...I'm winging it really but it works out in the end. All else fails, add menthol.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thanks for that - that's a neat way of doing it.

I'm partial to the "tobacco mint" flavour they do, I just think I need a stronger tobacco flavour under it. Although it's called "tobacco mint", it just feels like mint on its own and needs mixing with a base tobacco flavour, unlike TBS tobacco mint.

By the way, I wouldn't get the Inawera peppermint flavour. It nearly has a medicinal taste; just doesn't seem right.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 surferdwb

I'm a big fan of the Liqua juices from tbs, particularly the Traditional Tobacco flavour, but thought I'd give a couple of the new flavours a try for a change.

AMERICAN TOBACCO LIGHT 1.1%
    This is a really nice flavoured juice with a definite american style flavour to it.
    My immediate first impression was that this reminds me of unfiltered Lucky Strikes that I used to smoke years ago. It has a nice woody toasted tobacco flavour to it and a not unpleasant dryness also.
    Great vapour production as all the Liqua juices I've tried seem to have and a great throat hit, even in the 11mg light strength.
    This is a full flavoured american style juice but don't expect a USA Mix flavour from it, in my opinion this is far nicer than any USA Mix I've tried.

APPLE - LIGHT 0.9%
    Apple is about the only fruit flavour that I regularly vape so I was looking forward to trying this one.
    First impressions are that this is more apple pie than apple fruit flavoured.
    Still a very nice flavour with great vapour production and throat hit but where other apple flavoured juices have had the distinct flavour of apple fruit or apple fruit juice this definitely has more of a confectionary style apple flavour, I'm getting a bit of a pie crust taste coming through with this, but that could just be my taste buds!

I'd have to say two more great juices from Liqua, I'll definitely be buying the American tobacco again and will probably dabble with the apple again from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Lately, I've been going off the fruit, coffee, confectionary type juices and have been vaping RY4 as my all day vape for the past couple of weeks. I decided to try out some more tobacco type flavours so I ordered some juices off of oksmokey which I received this morning. I ordered the 5 x 10ml pack thing. It came in a black presentation box which I thought was a nice touch. I received the below:

Drum Double Flavour High 10ml 18mg
    Condor High 10ml 18mg
    Old Holborn Double FlavourHigh 10ml
    Marlboro High 10ml 18mg
    Golden Virginia Double Flavour High 10ml

I've only tried the Old Holborn and Condor so far, but wow the Old Holborn is amazing. It tastes exactly how a fresh pack of Old Holborn tobacco smells like. Now, it's probably been over 20 years since I smoked the real OH stuff, but the first vape I took, took me right back to opening up of those pouches all those years ago. I have to say I am really impressed.

I ordered the Condor on a whim as I always liked the smell of pipe tobacco. It is a nice flavour, more subtle than the Old Holborn and definitely has a pipe tobacco aftertaste.

The liquid from oksmokey is certainly unique and are the closest so far to a real tobacco taste of any liquid I've tried. I'll reserve judgement until I've gone through the other juices. Looking forward to the Drum which I will be sampling tonight. Of course, they taste nothing like a burning fag, but tobacco flavour, most definitely.

• Advertisement

I just got the RY4 from Inawera. They had delayed my order waiting for it to come in stock and then sent the order with a note to say they would forward the RY4 as soon as it turned up.
    Its the flavorArts one and comes in a 7ml bottle.
    Yep its RY4 all right, a little sharper than Dekang stuff but a soak will probably take that out.
    Just tested it with 2 drops in 1ml so I guess 10%.
    Best bit of diy is if I want a more tobacco taste then I can add a drop of tobacco flavor or a drop of caramel if thats my mood. Once you have the RY flavor you can tune it to suit.

So the RY4 from FA is a good one so are Nutty princess, Gold Ducat, Tabacco, and Latakia (another tobacco ,slightly bitter) from Inawera.
    Not so good, the US Light mix from the Wera Garden range and Reggae Night from FA.
    Hazelnut, Whiskey, Karamel are good enough but more for adding to something than vaping on their own IMNSHO but I like tobacco as a basic juice with one of these added to add variety.
    Morning Rain is described as a tobacco but its best added to another tobacco, it gives a good TH to anything it's added to without overpowering the first flavor. A good one to have in a mix kit.
    I'm set for another month or so for juice, 'tho a little bird told me Best Shop might have DKTab in 50ml soon. No matter how stocked I am I'l get one of them babys. :D

Did anyone try Irishvapers new Irish made eliquid yet?
    I'm very curious about it...

as am I
    will hopefully get some of it next week, i was gona get some today but ended up getting some of those dual coil atties and am now gona just order whatever tobacco juices tommmy2bad said were worth getting from inawera as i'm almost out of tobacco juice and while I have about 20 bottles of flavouring.. it's all crazy fruit/nut/sweet stuff, which is fine.. but i've gotten into a real tobacco juice buzz the last couple of months.

but i've gotten into a real tobacco juice buzz the last couple of months.
    Thats what happened me, loved the menthol and mint then one day started longing for tobacco. Not smoke mind but the smell and taste that reminds me of tobacco. Ejuice dose a better job of capturing the 'thing' they used to advertise as smoking than fags did.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I got some 10ml bottles of TBS's standard fluid last week, just to try out some flavours....

All very good, but one that's standing out for me, Banana, @ only 11mg, it's giving me enough throat hit to actually make me cough!!!! Very hash throat hit, I'd say it's probably the closest I've got to a real cig since I started!

I got some Peach 18mg from eCigshop.eu and it blows the head off me. Initially I tried it in a new CE4 (which I shoudn't have done with a new juice and set up) and blamed the CE4 but I tried it in the eGo-C last night and it's kind of the same.

parkes vaping gummi bears on a boge 2ohm on ego batt

first thing that hits you is the smell
    it smells like gummi bears, it really does. I had such high hopes for this juice but it just doesn't deliver.
    there is a hint of the smell in the taste when you're vaping,but only a hint. the overwhelming taste is of nothing.. ive never vaped unflavoured pg but i'd guess it's kinda like this as there's just no taste to it.
    vapour production is decent, I did order 70pg/30vg thinking that's what I was used to with my dekang liquids, but apparently dekangs are 100pg generally so.. maybe it's the fact that it's 30vg that's diluting the flavour so much.

when I get my lavatube next week I'll try it again on a 3ohm carto at 5V, i have noticed on a few juices that brought out flavours that were muted or hidden on an ego batt.
    so far though, dissapointed.

the banana waffle and caramel coffee smell so good too, im almost afraid to try them in case they don't live up to the dream either.

--edit

actually maybe I should steep the gummy bears juice.
    i gave it a shake, took the cap off and put it in a dark cupboard. gona leave it there for 24 hours. after that.. what do I do, just leave it there for a few days?

--edit
    every other review i see of this juice says it tastes just like gummy bears.... pain in the sack. work, damn you juice!

I diluted my Peach 18mg to 9mg using PG. Blasted stuff still tastes strong as hell even at 50% of the flavour.

well I left it to steep until today, threw it into my new dual coil atomiser and there's definitely more of a gummy bearish flavour. it does taste more chemical-y than anything though, so maybe another week or two's steeping is called for.

the banana waffle juice I got in the same order is definitely a lot more banana-y though, so the steeping appears to have done something.

i think next time i'll just get 100% pg, none of the VG.. kinda half convinced that I'm so unfamiliar with VG juices that whatever base flavour it adds to the juice is throwing me off

• Advertisement

viks75 wrote: »
    I got some Peach 18mg from eCigshop.eu and it blows the head off me.

Is that ment positive or negative? :) I am using their Morning Rain flavoured juice and am kinda liking it.

Negative in my case. The taste is just way too strong for me personally but others may love it.

I just got some Halo Freedom juice today and I can easily say its the worst stuff I've ever vaped in my life! Yet other people love this stuff!!

Advertisement