Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just won that frog rhythm game for the wonderswan for.about 5.50 with shipping, happy days.

Did you get it boxed? the box is amazing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Turns out I did!
    Can't wait to play it, it was fun the last time I tried it.

There are some real Wonderswan bargains out there, I saw a WS with Gunpey for less than 30 on ebay.

Also, got Resident Evil: Revelations today, 40 in Smyths.
    It's amazing looking!
    Really, the first game to really show what the 3DS is capable of, and maybe, just maybe this Ninty has a chance of keeping us amused for the next 5 years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Bought Kaido Racer and Kaido Racer 2 on ebay. Look interesting, both uncommon (not exactly rare) and my kinda game!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

pdbhp wrote: »
    Got Nanostray on DS in Game for €6.99 supposedly preowned but anyone can see that the game is bloody brand new:)
    I actually sold my copy of Nanostray DS years ago.

Decent title, but IMHO terrible controls!
    Game pissed me off to no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Also, I let a free, expensive 29" CRT telly slip past my fingers.

Bugger ;_;

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I put in an offer on the 21" Sony trinitron but the seller never got back to me, figuring it'd make a perfect tate mode telly for my G-net and my other shooters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I put in an offer on the 21" Sony trinitron but the seller never got back to me, figuring it'd make a perfect tate mode telly for my G-net and my other shooters.

A 21" 16:9?

The holy grail of affordable A&R bandwagon gaming

sbsles.jpg

Minty sealed goodness, though there is a disc loose inside grrr

2zo8xts.jpg

[CIB-OCD-SCD-MIB-SSO-XYZ-ABC-123-DRM-EPC-TFT-RR1-VC2-ELP-CDR]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

EnterNow wrote: »

Laughing on the train here, boss :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

You forgot B&Q, ICI and ASAP. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Had a recycle day here at work the other day and I got a 37" Samsung Plasma tv that was been put in the recycle bin. No Remote but I have a samsung remote for it anyway :D

Now All I need is to get a good CRT tv for my consoles....:rolleyes:

here's a few more,
    RTA-STD-TIA-LFT-TFT-FBC-ECG-EEG-BFG

That's the first thing I've bought in ages. I've been bitten by the bug again, I thought I was cured! :( Off to ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

My copy of it arrived too. Along with that blue label version of F1 for the Megadrive.

No sign of RE Revelations yet though. Or The Game Paradise. Or the Retrode. :(

I'm going to be left with one of those situations where everything arrives all at once and you don't know which to play.

First world problems and all that :pac:

That's the first thing I've bought in ages. I've been bitten by the bug again, I thought I was cured! :( Off to ebay

I just went through a flurry of ebay buying, neo geo sticks, wonderswan games, too much!
    Time to back down, let the credit card cool down.
    Actually, going to get one of those debit only cards, so I can't spend money I don't have on stuff, then I can load on any cash made in sales of stuff and work my way up to that Turbo Duo!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got Glory of Heracles on DS and Shadow Hearts from the New World on PS2 today.

Also my laser arrived from Hong Kong. Think I'll break out the soldering iron tomorrow and fix/ruin my CDi.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Got Glory of Heracles on DS and Shadow Hearts from the New World on PS2 today.

Also my laser arrived from Hong Kong. Think I'll break out the soldering iron tomorrow and fix/ruin my CDi.

Is it a repair that needs soldering? I thought it'd be just a plug n play ribbon connector type thing?

Going by the Jaguar CD repair there'll be a ribbon cable and also a wire harness that plugs into the motherboard with 4 wires to solder to the laser, 2 to the motor to supply power and 2 to a switch that control putting the motor into the neutral position.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Got my "The Tower" game in the post just now. It's not sealed but is in real mint condition. Not a mark on the the case or disc.
    I'll post a pic later as I'm sure you are all anxious to see such a rare item that nobody else has here.

Think I'll break out the soldering iron tomorrow and fix/ruin my CDi.

Do you not think that your gaming-goodness continuum will have more texture and colour if you don't fix it, put it in a wardrobe and forget the poisonous box never existed?
    I mean, I'm a console agnostic, I don't believe in any manufacturer past the games it plays, the Jag only squeaks by with Tempest 2k!
    The CDi has nothing going for it at all.
    By comparison the Jag is verifiable cornucopia of videogame classics!

So, take the busted CDi late one night, into the back garden,
    quietly so you don't awaken the...
    sauron1.jpg
    Get a shovel from the shed and bury the useless frakker!

The rest of mankind will thank you!

• Advertisement

So, take the busted CDi late one night, into the back garden,
    quietly so you don't awaken the...
    sauron1.jpg
    Get a shovel from the shed and bury the useless frakker!

The rest of mankind will thank you!

Your wife watches Retr0 too?? :eek: [:D]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Jack burton

got my tower copy aswell today, along with some retroware dvd's and my DC vga box

Ya'll be jealous when this time tomorrow I'm playing classics like.... burn cycle?.. and eh.. Zenith?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oooh, Retrode arrived!

After years of waiting, I can finally emulate games on my PC.

Wait a minute!

Your wife watches Retr0 too?? :eek: [:D]

I'm gonna tell and then she's gonna kick your ass!

And, for the record the "eye of sauron" is the official A&R forum cypher for Retr0's mom, as she spots everything coming into the house and makes him suffer for it.

My missus doesn't see the half of it and therefore would be unworthy of the moniker.

The postman woke her up at 8.30 today on her day off so I could get my games and laser. It wasn't pretty :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

The postman woke her up at 8.30 today on her day off so I could get my games and laser. It wasn't pretty :P

I hope I'm not in trouble for ruining your appetite before dinner on Saturday with my selection of animal biscuits and curly wurlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Not retro at all but...

6790155957_b85460d112.jpg

Arse!
    I shouldn't have cancelled me pre-order!!!!
    Still, does the add on do much to the game?
    It plays just fine as it is, plus the added bonus that your 3DS doesn't make you look like a tool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Arse!
    I shouldn't have cancelled me pre-order!!!!
    Still, does the add on do much to the game?
    It plays just fine as it is, plus the added bonus that your 3DS doesn't make you look like a tool!

lol it does make it look like a fat ugly sister but I like it! Hand doesnt cramp up as much while playing.
    It adds camera movement which I find a lot better tbh. Like I'm playin it on an Xbox or PS3 or something, not a Wii of course ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement