Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Rud wrote: »
    matt.finn wrote: »
    FC Kahuna - Hayling in the 2nd video :)

Thank you!:)

Jet Black wrote: »
    Anyone know what this is from? I thought it was from a 80s or 90s TV show but I'm not sure.

Thanks

99.9% certain it's from "Inspector Gadget".

Anybody have a clue what the music that starts at 0:42 here is?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fourteen

this is driving me mad.

mostly because I have so little to go by.

it's a very well known song, though. pretty sure from the 90's, though could be from the early 00's. I can't even say if it's a band or just a solo artist (male) who performs it.

I kind of remember it being like, a summer song. a feel good/laid back song. it's in loads of movies, sitcoms etc.

it's a very catchy guitar tune, you would know it as soon as you heard the intro (unless you're me :)).

ANY ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Can anyone tell me the name of this song?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Does anyone know the name of the piano song that was played at the beginning and towards the end (playing over the end credits) of Colin Murray's documentary last night? Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mikosyko wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the piano song that was played at the beginning and towards the end (playing over the end credits) of Colin Murray's documentary last night? Thank you.
    It was "I Giorni" by Ludovico Einaudi.
    All his stuff is as good or better,well worth checking out his work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

99.9% certain it's from "Inspector Gadget".

My first thought was that, all I checked was the intro and thought no its not. But I checked through the soundtrack and its from the show.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

HI folks
    very little to go on here.
    I heard a song on an online streaming service from a playlist of 2011's SXSW festival's music line up.
    I've heard it somewhere else but maybe only once or twice and I cant think where.

The playlists on the service play songs at random from the list and dont show the list. They do show the album covers though....

The cover is a kind of scruffy brown with some kind of scrappy image in the centre (it reminded me a bit of the led zepplin iv cover) the borders of which are like they were hand drawn in thin white line. The letters along the top are transparent blocks letters with the same white line around the edge of each one. (ie its just the border of them and you can see the scrappy brown on the inside of the letters)

The main distinctive thing about the cover was the word along the top was like it was a bit too long and squashed up and had a reversed K about 2/3's or 3/4's of the way along.

Not much I know :o, maybe someone knows the cover
    Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

Anyone know the song that was just on Eastenders just b4 phil & dyed haired new crim....chatting in prison in Eastenders..ben and ian where in the scene...havent a clue what they where moaning about..The song...its a chick ..she starts must lyrics with 'Ohhh' ..definately heard it before..maybe a hit in the past?...damm hard to explain maybe I will have to link to an online of the scene?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

What are the chances, totally by random my song came up again on the playlist!
    Its "How It Ends" by Devotchka, It was in the movie little miss sunshine.

My description of the cover was very bad :rolleyes: !

DeVotchKa_-_How_it_Ends.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Jim_Kiy wrote: »
    Anyone know the song that was just on Eastenders just b4 phil & dyed haired new crim....chatting in prison in Eastenders..ben and ian where in the scene...havent a clue what they where moaning about..The song...its a chick ..she starts must lyrics with 'Ohhh' ..definately heard it before..maybe a hit in the past?...damm hard to explain maybe I will have to link to an online of the scene?

Morcheeba - Way Beyond.

spurious wrote: »
    Morcheeba - Way Beyond.

Thanks thats it ,,great song...nice to be reminded of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

Hey guys,

Just wondering would anyone know the name to this dance song,the song consists of a man chanting I i i i i i and a female voice singing love life emotion?I think the music video consists of a child been born and shows moments from his life until he is an old man and ends with a white horse running at the end of the video.Sorry about the vague description.

Thanks in advance.

mendusa wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just wondering would anyone know the name to this dance song,the song consists of a man chanting I i i i i i and a female voice singing love life emotion?I think the music video consists of a child been born and shows moments from his life until he is an old man and ends with a white horse running at the end of the video.Sorry about the vague description.

Thanks in advance.
    Sounds like Enigma-Return to Innocence.
    Wouldn't really call it a dance track in fairness :)
    Edit:here's the song,not official video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Sounds like Enigma-Return to Innocence.
    Wouldn't really call it a dance track in fairness :)
    Cheers for that,yeah you're right it isn't dance.I describe music by very generic terms rock,pop,dance etc etc:o.Fair dues for getting it I gave a very vague description.

mendusa wrote: »
    Cheers for that,yeah you're right it isn't dance.I describe music by very generic terms rock,pop,dance etc etc:o.Fair dues for getting it I gave a very vague description.
    The i i i i i i part strangely worked well as a description :)

I asked this before and did'nt find the answer.
    Basically Im 35 so approx 20 years when MTV was still a novelty I remember
    these short shows of an electronic band ..it was all themed with these emergency broadcast news flashes and ticker tape flashing across the screen.
    Think it was MTV? any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PincySharpCoat

Ok this is a bit vague I know but I only know some of the lyrics.

Its a kind of rock-ish song... not heavy metal or anything... maybe indie ? not too sure

Anyways the lyrics are like

"All by myself... and nothings gonna hold me down" or something along those lines! Anyone got any ideas?

Its a kind of rock-ish song... not heavy metal or anything... maybe indie ? not too sure

"All by myself... and nothings gonna hold me down" or something along those lines! Anyone got any ideas?

• Advertisement

Love this song from the 2002 world cup montage they used to show on RTE.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Love this song from the 2002 world cup montage they used to show on RTE.

Thanks very much mate!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Equium

Does anyone know the song on the History Channel ad that showcases their 2012 line-up? It's kind of an upbeat rock song but there are no lyrics, at least during the part included.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

I've heard this song twice on the TV - an ad for a show on the E! channel and again on sunday, there was a "Road to the Super Bowl" montage before the Pro-Bowl.

Anyway, I managed to hear more lyrics this time and when I google it all that comes up is:

http://www.mmgmusic.com/Lyrics/Lyric-mh-010.html

It's the first one on the link - "Ride High". It's like it's not a real song as it doesn't list the artist and when I try to google "Ride High" I don't get any matches :confused:

It's a kind of laid back, hip-hop tune. Anyone that can help?

ETA: I tried Shazam too but it didn't recognise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭AustinByrnes

cbs action are running a star trek tng promo with a female vocalist the ad last about 30 seconds. i have tried soundhound, shazeem all these apps to see ifi can get the song, i even went as far as emailling cbs(still waiting on reply) i recorded the clip and put it up on you tube.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2YaqvP7_t8

the lyrics are:

The beauty of a shooting star
    Simply blows my mind
    I'll make a wish and close my eyes
    Breathe the fresh air of the night.

any suggestions?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

cbs action are running a star trek tng promo with a female vocalist the ad last about 30 seconds. i have tried soundhound, shazeem all these apps to see ifi can get the song, i even went as far as emailling cbs(still waiting on reply) i recorded the clip and put it up on you tube.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2YaqvP7_t8

the lyrics are:

The beauty of a shooting star
    Simply blows my mind
    I'll make a wish and close my eyes
    Breathe the fresh air of the night.

any suggestions?????

It's called 'Stay with Me'.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭board.eddy

I heard an acoustic cover of kate bush's 'wuthering heights' on the big chill on today fm this week.....anyone know who it was covering it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

board.eddy wrote: »
    I heard an acoustic cover of kate bush's 'wuthering heights' on the big chill on today fm this week.....anyone know who it was covering it ?

Was it a man? If it was, it was possibly Albert Niland. Lovely cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

Can anyone help me with the name of a song. I think its only a new release.

The only lyrics i know are the ones at the beginning of the chorus

"I didnt wanna have to go...now im gone forever"

Something like that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g0g

Ok I have two songs driving me mad this week. One is current enough I think and the other is old. Any help much appreciated!

1) Current Song
    It's kinda a pop-y song by a woman who sounds to me like Sheryl Crowe. The chorus goes something like Woah....oh oh ah ah ah yeah ah ah ah ah yeah
    No amount of googling is finding it and keeps sending me to p0rn links! I heard it in HMV the other day so must be current, and RTE were using it in an ad for desperate housewives.

2) Old Song
    Should be easy-ish hopefully! Film Four have been having ads on for The Departed the past few days and its playing in the background at the end of the ad. The song defo plays during the film but I scanned the soundtrack on Amazon and youtue and it doesn't appear to be there. Think MAYBE it was used on a Budweiser ad or something like that. Might be rolling stones or something much older. There was another rolling stones song on the soundtrack and it's not that.

Advertisement