Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

what the name of the song that sound like MGMT"KIDS" skipping at the start?
    well it sskips at the start ..

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

what the name of the song that sound like MGMT"KIDS" skipping at the start?

This it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

yeah thats it thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 andyoumee

Anyone who knows the episode of the Vampire Diaries?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭AverageJoe82

Hi people. was looking for a song that was played at the very end of the film "Knuckle" were a man is driving his car on a road, I have searched the internet and cannot get a soundtrack to the film, So if any of ye can help it would be great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hi people. was looking for a song that was played at the very end of the film "Knuckle" were a man is driving his car on a road, I have searched the internet and cannot get a soundtrack to the film, So if any of ye can help it would be great
    There ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭AverageJoe82

cheers for that, its is a beauitful song and god you were quick with the reply
    thanks ever so much again, and every1 watch the film called knuckle its very very good

cheers for that, its is a beauitful song and god you were quick with the reply
    thanks ever so much again, and every1 watch the film called knuckle its very very good
    I seen his name in the credits the other night so guessed it was for that song,quick YouTube search said it was :)
    Pretty good song alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

What's the name of the song that was playing in the background of the ad for the bayern v basle soccer match, a dance track. Sounds good. Hope someone knows it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Samich wrote: »
    What's the name of the song that was playing in the background of the ad for the bayern v basle soccer match, a dance track. Sounds good. Hope someone knows it :)

This AFAIR

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

^^ You legend. Can't thank you enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 stormwarning

im looking for a song with the lyrics "lullaby it's my lullaby" (those are the only lyrics repeated over and over) vocals by female. chillout genre sounds like a remix with 80s sound to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Are The Darkness going to release a new album or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DaGimp

Heard a tune on phantom a few weeks back & was wondering if anyone could ID it. I've attached a midi style MP3 with a few of the notes. (Tune itself is much better :D)
    much appreciated....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

Anyone know then name of the song on the ad for The Mentalist on RTE at the moment? I think the chorus goes something like ''oh oh oh oh, i've got a love that keeps me waiting'' . . .or something! Have searched everywhere, and I seem to recognise it . . .it sounds a bit like Kasabian I think?! They only play a second of it clearly on the ad. :(

Thanks!

K_1 wrote: »
    Anyone know then name of the song on the ad for The Mentalist on RTE at the moment? I think the chorus goes something like ''oh oh oh oh, i've got a love that keeps me waiting'' . . .or something! Have searched everywhere, and I seem to recognise it . . .it sounds a bit like Kasabian I think?! They only play a second of it clearly on the ad. :(

Thanks!
    It's The Black Keys "Lonely Boy"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

DaGimp wrote: »
    Heard a tune on phantom a few weeks back & was wondering if anyone could ID it. I've attached a midi style MP3 with a few of the notes. (Tune itself is much better :D)
    much appreciated....

The only thing this put me in mind of was Bell Orchestre, but I don't know if that's just your stellar midi. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

I found a free app for android phones (galaxy s included) called shazam which works really well at identifying tunes if you point the mouthpiece of your phone at the source of the song, ie laptop or radio speakers. Works well for me. Hope mods don't mind me sharing that info!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DaGimp

The only thing this put me in mind of was Bell Orchestre, but I don't know if that's just your stellar midi. :D

Sorry for the quality....It didn't turn out as well as i expected, well thats freeware for ya. The song is quite a mellow one I heard on phantom a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

This one is annoying me! It's a really laid back and lovely song. Female vocals and there's a part of it that's not lyrics, more like oh wo oh oh eh..... and a bit more. I think it's newish and I've heard it on the radio recently so hopefully someone knows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 John 3:7

Hi, im trying to remember the name of a song that i used to hear on Mid West radio when i was growing up in Mayo. It was more spoken than sang and the gist of the song was that there was a family that were poor, the only son had to move away to england to work and many years later, when the the family home was being sold out from under the feet of the mother, the son returns as the mystery buyer. The only line i can clearly remember is towards the end, "Mother, do you not know your own son?" ( not much to go on i know!!!). For some reason 'The prodigal Son' keeps poppin into my head but cant find anything by that name,

Thanks in advance guys.

John 3:7 wrote: »
    Hi, im trying to remember the name of a song that i used to hear on Mid West radio when i was growing up in Mayo. It was more spoken than sang and the gist of the song was that there was a family that were poor, the only son had to move away to england to work and many years later, when the the family home was being sold out from under the feet of the mother, the son returns as the mystery buyer. The only line i can clearly remember is towards the end, "Mother, do you not know your own son?" ( not much to go on i know!!!). For some reason 'The prodigal Son' keeps poppin into my head but cant find anything by that name,

Thanks in advance guys.

It's probably not the Rolling Stones, but maybe?

Shryke wrote: »
    This one is annoying me! It's a really laid back and lovely song. Female vocals and there's a part of it that's not lyrics, more like oh wo oh oh eh..... and a bit more. I think it's newish and I've heard it on the radio recently so hopefully someone knows.
    I'd say that's Lisa Hannigans latest one.
    I think it's called "knots"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Shryke wrote: »

Is it "What'll I Do" by Lisa Hannigan?

It is Lisa Hannigan after all! I knew the voice but couldn't place it. The songs called What'll I Do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

cambo2008 wrote: »
    It's The Black Keys "Lonely Boy"

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Smeefa

Hey can anyone give me a hand finding the name of the song on the new aib mobile banking ad on tv?

I managed to get two lines from the chorus:

Help me take control (yeah)

Cause I won't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

This Club - I won't worry

There's actually a thread above for requests like this!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dairec97

Does anyone know the name of that catchy song on the Radio ad for the "diversity" tour to Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

themont85 wrote: »
    This Club - I won't worry

There's actually a thread above for requests like this!;)

Yes there is! Stickied up top and all. Merging now.

Advertisement