Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Princess Grace

What is the song being played in the TV Advert for Without A Trace, on one of the SKY digital channels Universal ? Its a female voice, and a slow sad sounding song.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Wowreally?

the song im looking for as an intro simular to "sexy and i know it", its an old enough song from i think 10+ years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭smokey32

Thats it exactly. Thanks a million missloulou!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pajoanseo

Was listening to XMAS FM and heard a song with these lyrics

"Can you feel it, it's nearly here now, it's nearly christmas time
    Ring those bells, shout out loud, Santa getting ready to leave"

Sounded a bit like a Irish choir doing it....i think

Any help if they know it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 driver8

Hi,

I've got a music cassette "mix tape" that I got years ago. I tried playing it recently and the songs were good. I could not recognise one of the songs - I think it's very catchy and I tried various lyric search sites but none of them worked for me.

Based on the other songs, I think its from the early 1990s. It's sung by a female singer. Her voice is soft and the backing (guitars etc.) drown her out in places, probably not helped by the general recording quality/age of the tape itself. It's a little bit in the style of The Cranberries. Anyway, here are the lyrics I could decipher:

Do you remember all the indecisiveness of our embrace,
    What you need is a day in the playground,
    So climb up and sit down, in the one spot,

Chorus?
    Try not to feel so serious,
    Stop wasting my time,
    No one will find out,
    if i follow my ...

Try not to be so serious,
    stop acting good,
    you're not a little boy,
    cause i swallow my pride,

Chorus?
    can i ride that see saw with you,
    if you wanted me to, i'd kick off those shoes,
    can i ride that see saw with you

I'd be very grateful if anyone could identify the artist and the song....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

I heard a song sounding remarkably similiar to we speak no americano by yolanda be cool in diceys last nite.same genre of music bein remixed (same sounding instruments). in fact you could be mistaken for thinking its a remix of no speak ameriicano initially. the lyrics 'same same' are repeated alot in it, if that narrows it down for anyone. any help finding this song would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

I heard a song sounding remarkably similiar to we speak no americano by yolanda be cool in diceys last nite.same genre of music bein remixed (same sounding instruments). in fact you could be mistaken for thinking its a remix of no speak ameriicano initially. the lyrics 'same same' are repeated alot in it, if that narrows it down for anyone. any help finding this song would be appreciated!

Is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cOW6Zn5J3M

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Haruki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyTLGohJcqY&feature=related

Can anyone name the tune at 4:39 ? please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Hi guys
    Need some help,wish to download a song but I can't recall the song or female singer?She is an American singer,next big thing apparently.She was on the Late Late Show this season,slightly folksy???!!Bit of the Norah Jones vibe off her,looks a tad like Kate Bush in her early days.It got a lot of airplay,was in the Today FM top 40 in the last few months.Class song!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 flagship60

hi

can anyone remember what was the title of the 2003 hit single, where the backing singers were dressed as jockeys (horse racing).
    in the music video -clue-the lyrics also mention a type of photograph

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Haruki wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyTLGohJcqY&feature=related

Can anyone name the tune at 4:39 ? please:)

I think that's the Monkey Mafia remix of Miracle by Olive.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 flagship60

thanks for that.
    right on the nail as they say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

seligehgit wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Need some help,wish to download a song but I can't recall the song or female singer?She is an American singer,next big thing apparently.She was on the Late Late Show this season,slightly folksy???!!Bit of the Norah Jones vibe off her,looks a tad like Kate Bush in her early days.It got a lot of airplay,was in the Today FM top 40 in the last few months.Class song!!:confused:

Just going by next big thing description, perhaps it's Lana Del Ray...don't know what song...maybe Videogames...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Liachta Cultaca

Ryan Sheridan

thanks .... it was wrecking my head!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

I know Winter Song by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson was originally released 3 years ago but I'm sure I've heard another song out before then with the same melody/phrasing. It's that part at the start of the verse "This is my Winter Song to you...". It's driving me crazy, In know I've heard it before. I think it was faster with a full drum beat behind it. AAAAAAGH!!!! Am I the only one???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Wertz wrote: »
    Just going by next big thing description, perhaps it's Lana Del Ray...don't know what song...maybe Videogames...

Spot on Wertz thanks a million!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Right I know this is a very long shot but maybe someone can help. If anyone has seen the play 'Bouncers' that was on in the Theatre Royal in Waterford, do you know the name of the song that was played during the fight scene?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 orl11

Oh man this song has been wrecking my head too! My sister was listening to xmas fm today and said it is by someone called Sinead McNally, and it's called Nearly Christmas. Looked her up and she has a FB page where she talks about a new song she has out called 'Dance with Me' but no reference to her Christmas song except to mention the fact that another Xmas radio station were playing it. Went on their site, and they don't give any info about their tracklist either (nor do xmas fm) so I'm lost!! I have texted xxmas fm over the weekend, and sent them an e-mail to find out what it was, I love it so much, but can't get anything back. Will post if I find out, but would love to hear any update on where to get it in the meantime. Thanks!
    pajoanseo wrote: »
    Was listening to XMAS FM and heard a song with these lyrics

"Can you feel it, it's nearly here now, it's nearly christmas time
    Ring those bells, shout out loud, Santa getting ready to leave"

Sounded a bit like a Irish choir doing it....i think

Any help if they know it?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 orl11

Strike all that I just found it on itunes - download the single for 99 cent!
    orl11 wrote: »
    Oh man this song has been wrecking my head too! My sister was listening to xmas fm today and said it is by someone called Sinead McNally, and it's called Nearly Christmas. Looked her up and she has a FB page where she talks about a new song she has out called 'Dance with Me' but no reference to her Christmas song except to mention the fact that another Xmas radio station were playing it. Went on their site, and they don't give any info about their tracklist either (nor do xmas fm) so I'm lost!! I have texted xxmas fm over the weekend, and sent them an e-mail to find out what it was, I love it so much, but can't get anything back. Will post if I find out, but would love to hear any update on where to get it in the meantime. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭boynesider

I'm trying to find the name of a song by Florence and the machine. I heard it on a tv add for her newest album and the little bit I have heard has been stuck on my head for the last few days. Can't really make out the lyrics apart from maybe"lay me down"? Sounds like a very up tempo kind of song and I'm sure it's very well known

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Anyone know the name of the Guns n Roses song that plays in the Lynx TV Advert with Noah's Ark.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

boynesider wrote: »
    I'm trying to find the name of a song by Florence and the machine. I heard it on a tv add for her newest album and the little bit I have heard has been stuck on my head for the last few days. Can't really make out the lyrics apart from maybe"lay me down"? Sounds like a very up tempo kind of song and I'm sure it's very well known

What the Water Gave Me -

- probably the best song on the album too, cracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭paulosham

flanree wrote: »
    I know Winter Song by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson was originally released 3 years ago but I'm sure I've heard another song out before then with the same melody/phrasing. It's that part at the start of the verse "This is my Winter Song to you...". It's driving me crazy, In know I've heard it before. I think it was faster with a full drum beat behind it. AAAAAAGH!!!! Am I the only one???

It reminds me of Wonderful Life by Black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭boynesider

What the Water Gave Me -

- probably the best song on the album too, cracking.

Thats is thanks!

Never really liked her before but that song is super. Might just get the album

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Worztron

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Worztron wrote: »

Carol of the bells.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bizguy

Anyone know what this song is?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

bizguy wrote: »
    Anyone know what this song is?!

Ben Cocks - Birds and the Bees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

this really is a longshot but hoping someone might know!!

A dance song from about maybe 7 years ago - i know it was a european dj, pretty chilled out song but the video had a female dj getting ready for set. So doing make up, dressing up and closing scene is her closing hotel room with her dj gear

Anyone happen to know the name of the song - thanx in advance!!

Advertisement