Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

Hey guys,

Just wondering would anyone know the name to this dance song,the song consists of a man chanting I i i i i i and a female voice singing love life emotion?I think the music video consists of a child been born and shows moments from his life until he is an old man and ends with a white horse running at the end of the video.Sorry about the vague description.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

mendusa wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just wondering would anyone know the name to this dance song,the song consists of a man chanting I i i i i i and a female voice singing love life emotion?I think the music video consists of a child been born and shows moments from his life until he is an old man and ends with a white horse running at the end of the video.Sorry about the vague description.

Thanks in advance.
    Sounds like Enigma-Return to Innocence.
    Wouldn't really call it a dance track in fairness :)
    Edit:here's the song,not official video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Sounds like Enigma-Return to Innocence.
    Wouldn't really call it a dance track in fairness :)
    Cheers for that,yeah you're right it isn't dance.I describe music by very generic terms rock,pop,dance etc etc:o.Fair dues for getting it I gave a very vague description.

mendusa wrote: »
    Cheers for that,yeah you're right it isn't dance.I describe music by very generic terms rock,pop,dance etc etc:o.Fair dues for getting it I gave a very vague description.
    The i i i i i i part strangely worked well as a description :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

I asked this before and did'nt find the answer.
    Basically Im 35 so approx 20 years when MTV was still a novelty I remember
    these short shows of an electronic band ..it was all themed with these emergency broadcast news flashes and ticker tape flashing across the screen.
    Think it was MTV? any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PincySharpCoat

Ok this is a bit vague I know but I only know some of the lyrics.

Its a kind of rock-ish song... not heavy metal or anything... maybe indie ? not too sure

Anyways the lyrics are like

"All by myself... and nothings gonna hold me down" or something along those lines! Anyone got any ideas?

Its a kind of rock-ish song... not heavy metal or anything... maybe indie ? not too sure

"All by myself... and nothings gonna hold me down" or something along those lines! Anyone got any ideas?

Love this song from the 2002 world cup montage they used to show on RTE.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Love this song from the 2002 world cup montage they used to show on RTE.

Thanks very much mate!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Equium

Does anyone know the song on the History Channel ad that showcases their 2012 line-up? It's kind of an upbeat rock song but there are no lyrics, at least during the part included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

I've heard this song twice on the TV - an ad for a show on the E! channel and again on sunday, there was a "Road to the Super Bowl" montage before the Pro-Bowl.

Anyway, I managed to hear more lyrics this time and when I google it all that comes up is:

http://www.mmgmusic.com/Lyrics/Lyric-mh-010.html

It's the first one on the link - "Ride High". It's like it's not a real song as it doesn't list the artist and when I try to google "Ride High" I don't get any matches :confused:

It's a kind of laid back, hip-hop tune. Anyone that can help?

ETA: I tried Shazam too but it didn't recognise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭AustinByrnes

cbs action are running a star trek tng promo with a female vocalist the ad last about 30 seconds. i have tried soundhound, shazeem all these apps to see ifi can get the song, i even went as far as emailling cbs(still waiting on reply) i recorded the clip and put it up on you tube.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2YaqvP7_t8

the lyrics are:

The beauty of a shooting star
    Simply blows my mind
    I'll make a wish and close my eyes
    Breathe the fresh air of the night.

any suggestions?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

cbs action are running a star trek tng promo with a female vocalist the ad last about 30 seconds. i have tried soundhound, shazeem all these apps to see ifi can get the song, i even went as far as emailling cbs(still waiting on reply) i recorded the clip and put it up on you tube.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2YaqvP7_t8

the lyrics are:

The beauty of a shooting star
    Simply blows my mind
    I'll make a wish and close my eyes
    Breathe the fresh air of the night.

any suggestions?????

It's called 'Stay with Me'.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭board.eddy

I heard an acoustic cover of kate bush's 'wuthering heights' on the big chill on today fm this week.....anyone know who it was covering it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

board.eddy wrote: »
    I heard an acoustic cover of kate bush's 'wuthering heights' on the big chill on today fm this week.....anyone know who it was covering it ?

Was it a man? If it was, it was possibly Albert Niland. Lovely cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

Can anyone help me with the name of a song. I think its only a new release.

The only lyrics i know are the ones at the beginning of the chorus

"I didnt wanna have to go...now im gone forever"

Something like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Ok I have two songs driving me mad this week. One is current enough I think and the other is old. Any help much appreciated!

1) Current Song
    It's kinda a pop-y song by a woman who sounds to me like Sheryl Crowe. The chorus goes something like Woah....oh oh ah ah ah yeah ah ah ah ah yeah
    No amount of googling is finding it and keeps sending me to p0rn links! I heard it in HMV the other day so must be current, and RTE were using it in an ad for desperate housewives.

2) Old Song
    Should be easy-ish hopefully! Film Four have been having ads on for The Departed the past few days and its playing in the background at the end of the ad. The song defo plays during the film but I scanned the soundtrack on Amazon and youtue and it doesn't appear to be there. Think MAYBE it was used on a Budweiser ad or something like that. Might be rolling stones or something much older. There was another rolling stones song on the soundtrack and it's not that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

What's that song by Frank Black and the Catholics that Phantom used to play on repeat way back in 2000/2001? It starts off with assertively played partial bar chords with open strings irc.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

g0g wrote: »
    Ok I have two songs driving me mad this week. One is current enough I think and the other is old. Any help much appreciated!

1) Current Song
    It's kinda a pop-y song by a woman who sounds to me like Sheryl Crowe. The chorus goes something like Woah....oh oh ah ah ah yeah ah ah ah ah yeah
    No amount of googling is finding it and keeps sending me to p0rn links! I heard it in HMV the other day so must be current, and RTE were using it in an ad for desperate housewives.

is this it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Thank you so much - the very one! Being an Irish song explains why I couldn't easily find on Google! Now I just need that second one - wish I could describe it better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

ok i hope im in the right place.
    there is a song thats been bugging me for the last few days and i cant get it out of my head. i know it seems mad but i cant remember the words except it starts out with someone singing da da daa da da da, da da daa da da da over similar music.
    i think its an old song. i first thought it was a stevie wonder song but ive played them all on you tube and its not him. it could also be a woman.
    i know its all a bit vague and a long shot but has anybody got any ideas?

ps ill try and upload a song file with the opening melody that i can remember on my guitar.
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

dvae wrote: »
    ok i hope im in the right place.
    there is a song thats been bugging me for the last few days and i cant get it out of my head. i know it seems mad but i cant remember the words except it starts out with someone singing da da daa da da da, da da daa da da da over similar music.
    i think its an old song. i first thought it was a stevie wonder song but ive played them all on you tube and its not him. it could also be a woman.
    i know its all a bit vague and a long shot but has anybody got any ideas?

ps ill try and upload a song file with the opening melody that i can remember on my guitar.
    cheers.

P.S there is a thread above this for forgotten song lyrics...
    this one is ba da da da, but you get the drift?

eskimocat wrote: »

P.S there is a thread above this for forgotten song lyrics...
    this one is ba da da da, but you get the drift?

sorry i didn't realize there was a thread for song lyrics.
    thats not the song either.
    Ive attached a link to the melody, please excuse the quality of the short recording and the quality of my guitar playing.icon10.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfC1Fsu48UQ&feature=youtu.be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

dvae wrote: »
    sorry i didn't realize there was a thread for song lyrics.
    thats not the song either.
    Ive attached a link to the melody, please excuse the quality of the short recording and the quality of my guitar playing.icon10.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfC1Fsu48UQ&feature=youtu.be

I think it is actually Stevie Wonder

I think it is actually Stevie Wonder

i played lots of the stevie wonder and never came across it.
    thats definitely the one, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hongalway

hello everybody!
    really, really need help with a song i have been trying to track down for a couple of months. it was played at the begining of RTE's League Sunday programme tonight. its not the opening theme, (We should be lovers by Royseven) its a song that was played about 3 mins into the broadcast when Jackie Hurley was looking back over the last 5 months of the GAA. its an up beat sorta pop rock song. you cant hear the lyrics because Jackie is talking when they lyrics are being sung. all i could hear was 'ahhh ahh ah ah, woooah oh oh oh oh ahhh ahh ah ah' and so on..
    theres no link for it yet on the RTE Player but once there is, il post that too

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1134481

thats the link. song starts at about 1:00

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

hongalway wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1134481

thats the link. song starts at about 1:00

Its Miles Kane's Come Closer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Hi, Im looking for the name of a song for somone. Ive never heard it. All I know is that the video is of a naked man and a naked woman beside him. He's facing to the front and she's facing to the back. As he is singing, illustrations are appearing on his body. There are male and female vocals in the song, like they are singing to each other.

Thanks for any help!

• Advertisement

Its Miles Kane's Come Closer

thanks a million! :)

Advertisement