Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Im also on it and find it good with no side effects. Different folks diff.......

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Loved Mirtazapine but the taste was mank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Took a pretty bad confidence knock today. Feel like **** :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

cloud493 wrote: »
    Took a pretty bad confidence knock today. Feel like **** :(

me too.

me 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

Kaching wrote: »
    Cant pull myself out of bed but glad most others are doing well :)

Cant pull myself out of bed either....

Its pull myself out of it tomo or resign !!

Cant continue doing this for another year ;-(

Need to change something ;-~)

Cant pull myself out of bed either....

Its pull myself out of it tomo or resign !!

I've already resigned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

folks, can we dial back on recommending/not recommending particular drugs/drug combinations, please.

that's not advice that can be given online, without knowledge of someone's illness, history and other health issues and meds.

and remember, different people tolerate meds differently, so just because something doesnt work for one person that doesnt make it a useless drug etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I wish these thoughts of suicide and self-harm would go away.

nesf wrote: »
    I wish these thoughts of suicide and self-harm would go away.

Im trying to make them go away for the last 4 years .

• Advertisement

The Samaritans are good I've found.

The Samaritans are good I've found.

Ive given up on helplines . I dont have anything left to say :(

Ive given up on helplines . I dont have anything left to say :(

I've found that just talking in general helps if it's 4am, you can't sleep and feel cripplingly alone. Even if it's the same stuff as you always say.

I've found that just talking in general helps if it's 4am, you can't sleep and feel cripplingly alone. Even if it's the same stuff as you always say.

If you find it works for you mate keep doing it. Personally I just feel im a lost cause fighting a losing battle ;that I wont win and am so close to submission

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

sam34 wrote: »
    folks, can we dial back on recommending/not recommending particular drugs/drug combinations, please.

that's not advice that can be given online, without knowledge of someone's illness, history and other health issues and meds.

and remember, different people tolerate meds differently, so just because something doesnt work for one person that doesnt make it a useless drug etc.
    I think you are reffering to my post. I only suggested the person discuss alternative antidepressant classes with their doctor as their own list of previous meds seemed to be only modern highly marketed drugs. A lot of doctors seem reluctant to prescribe anything that a pharma rep hasnt "talked" to them about. The amount of people that seem to be rotated through every SSRI and modern SNRI without any great improvement is disspiriting.
    http://www.psychotropical.com/ad_rev.shtml

If you find it works for you mate keep doing it. Personally I just feel im a lost cause fighting a losing battle ;that I wont win and am so close to submission

Been where you are and got out of it again. There's always hope even if you can't see it etc.

Been where you are and got out of it again. There's always hope even if you can't see it etc.

For people like me I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭talullah

Gggrrrrrrrr, feel so unbelievebly crappy today, just wanted to curl up in a corner and not have to talk to anyone, so sick of people telling me to think of all the good things i have etc..it's not as simple as that :( i know they mean well though :( . This place is quite a nice outlet so think i'll be using it alot more....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

As cheesy as it sounds, as long as you're above ground, there's always hope. For Everyone. I've been to some pretty dark places which I thought I'd never come out of and I have.

Going through a rough patch at the moment. I'm in the middle of exams and I know I have so much more to give, but I'm finding it so hard to concentrate and focus. Hopefully the next one will be better. I'll keep trying. Really want to curl up in bed for a week but it's not an option at the moment

10 year mix of psychosis, mixed episodes, chronic depression, anxiety, anger issues and a personality disorder. Up until two weeks ago I was doing better than I had since childhood. There's always hope.

• Advertisement

girlonfire wrote: »
    As cheesy as it sounds, as long as you're above ground, there's always hope. For Everyone. I've been to some pretty dark places which I thought I'd never come out of and I have.

Going through a rough patch at the moment. I'm in the middle of exams and I know I have so much more to give, but I'm finding it so hard to concentrate and focus. Hopefully the next one will be better. I'll keep trying. Really want to curl up in bed for a week but it's not an option at the moment

I'm due a lot of bad karma so what's the point in living just to see the bad karma that's going to follow me ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'm due a lot of bad karma so what's the point in living just to see the bad karma that's going to follow me ?
    Don't worry about karma or things like that, or try not to anyway. You make your life and your decisions. The past is the past. I do feel slightly hypocritical saying that, as I'm constantly going over things that have happened in my head and how I could have acted differently.

I don't think anyone could possibly insult me in any way that I haven't already said to myself.

Have you considered meditation?

Have you considered meditation?

doesnt work for me

doesnt work for me

Not trying to be funny but this is like trying to have a conversation with myself from 3 years ago. It gets better, it's impossible to see it now but it does. :)

Not trying to be funny but this is like trying to have a conversation with myself from 3 years ago. It gets better, it's impossible to see it now but it does. :)

Maybe it is Ive given 100% to everything Ive tried to make myself better ... nothing just seems to work . I feel maybe im not meant to be better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Maybe it is Ive given 100% to everything Ive tried to make myself better ... nothing just seems to work . I feel maybe im not meant to be better

Everyone is meant to feel better. Everyone. The night is darkest just before the dawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

There was a time that I thought I'd never ever come back from. I tried everything and felt very hopeless. I came through it. I know it feels as though there's no hope Kaching, but I promise you that there is. There's always hope. Keep hanging in there. (It used to drive me mad when people said this to me, but do hold on)

I feel maybe im not meant to be better

Completely and utterly normal in your position. What we're all saying to you is from experience we know these feelings are incorrect and a product of the illness rather than anything rational or realistic.

Depression fundamentally interferes with your ability to rationally view the world, what you think now isn't realistic in many respects, that's part and parcel of the illness. The trick is not to get sucked into it and not get trapped in a spiral of negative thinkings (nearly bloody impossible to manage most of the time).

We say all this stuff to you not because you'll agree with it now but because despite how you're feeling you need to hold onto it like a mantra and make it a matter of faith rather than reason. It's impossible for you to agree that you'll recover right now but that doesn't mean you can't hold out (what seems like) irrational hope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Doctor changed my sleeping pill so here's hoping for a good night's sleep.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement