Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Yeah:pac:..... i often heard about it,but was my first time witnessing it!Jaysus i would ave hated to be on the other team,they could barely move.Talk about being boxed in:eek:

It's a spawntrap, not a vagina :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

x43r0 wrote: »
    Probably a spawn trap going on.

May god help the man who wrecks the spawn trap in a Boards party

I gathered that, was just messing with someone here who said something to the contrary to me is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

fjsanchez wrote: »
    It's a spawntrap, not a vagina :pac:

There was so many players around it,it might as well have been a vagina:pac:every one was queing up for a go:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Probably a spawn trap going on.

May god help the man who wrecks the spawn trap in a Boards party

I'd join sesh just to wreck it ! :D
    Is there some sort of hierarchy of players on the xbox side?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

LakesKeane wrote: »

Of course!

I'm the the Grand High Elf :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Yeah we are all beasts :D

Do you intentionally go into domination games to set up and spawn trap? Does it get a bit boring ?

iMuse wrote: »
    Yeah we are all beasts :D

lol, I meant within the boards xbox clan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Do you intentionally go into domination games to set up and spawn trap? Does it get a bit boring ?

What do you propose instead? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

Spawn trap ftw!

• Advertisement

Do you intentionally go into domination games to set up and spawn trap?

Yeah most of the time

Does it get a bit boring ?

No :confused:

Jev/N wrote: »
    What do you propose instead? :confused:

Oh I don't know. Take a third flag when the opportunity arises? Do you not end up with ghost lobbies with people leaving as a result of not being able to budge from their spawns?

Yeah most of the time

No :confused:

Fair enough :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Oh I don't know. Take a third flag when the opportunity arises? Do you not end up with ghost lobbies with people leaving as a result of not being able to budge from their spawns?

Slow down lakes you're not on the moon yet

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Spike2010

You can win the Game with 2 flags and know where the other team are spawning, so imo it's pointless capping all 3 and letting the other team spawn all over the place. I suppose everyone plays different.

On a different note I never knew a Headset could improve your Game that little bit more. I'd recommend anyone not using one to invest in one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

It's not like we just stare at spawn points the whole game. We cap two flags and then play the game as normal, like most people who play Domination.

Capping two of the flags keeps the game going for longer and we still win.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Ah tis always fun though to see people rage quit, I've been spawned trapped numerous times (outside the BRDS party) and have always stayed tough in some grim hope. Sh!t happens bud :rolleyes:

fjsanchez wrote: »
    It's not like we just stare at spawn points the whole game. We cap two flags and then play the game as normal, like most people who play Domination.

Capping two of the flags keeps the game going for longer and we still win.

Oh right, I don't know how strict the spawns are in dom, If they were along the same lines as demo. Cheers
    Ah tis always fun though to see people rage quit, I've been spawned trapped numerous times (outside the BRDS party) and have always stayed tough in some grim hope. Sh!t happens bud :rolleyes:

It is fun to see people rage quit, fo sho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Adding a bit of challenge to the game is always nice.. when people are getting 200 win streaks in your party its really time to step it up a bit, as much as spawn trapping is great for the stats, if there was a distance traveled stat i bet the people who do it would have an abysmally low average distance. People complain about campers.. i really don't see how headclitching and blocking off chokepoints(Dont pretend thats not what happens) is any different than someone sitting in the corner of a room. Spawn trapping = douche move, especially when your up against non parties of noobs(Most of the time).

I can understand the whole "We do it to win" thing... IF the other team has any sort of chance of winning but lets be honest.. most parties can win games using nothing but pistols. Domination i guess isn't as bad since its usually not to hard to get out of a spawn trap (Shouting at someone because they went into their spawn is pathetic tho :)) but demo... especially letting people get a bomb off just so you have more time ! /spit

Anyway... i'll get off my high horse.

Benrobjohn wrote: »
    Congrats on the 200 win streak seamus.

who is seamus?

• Advertisement

who is seamus?

One of the Xbox lads - Seamus_Lfc on here I think.

Best player in the Xbox group I'd say

One of the Xbox lads - Seamus_Lfc on here I think.

Best player in the Xbox group I'd say

Ah right, I never see him post is all!

Magill wrote: »
    if there was a distance traveled stat i bet the people who do it would have an abysmally low average distance.

I'm always getting that accolade(most time spent sprinting that is) and "most time spent near enemies one".
    If only I shot them while I was there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Magill or Lakes, what is the logic of taking a 3rd flag? It only makes life more difficult for us.

Plus, the game would end quicker and no one get their MOAB :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

This is true... gots to get them moobs :P.

Magill or Lakes, what is the logic of taking a 3rd flag? It only makes life more difficult for us.

Plus, the game would end quicker and no one get their MOAB :confused:

It's not even the whole thing about taking a third flag. More to do with telling people off if they break a spawn trap that I don't understand. What harm can it do?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

It's not even the whole thing about taking a third flag. More to do with telling people off if they break a spawn trap that I don't understand. What harm can it do?

It just causes unecessary running back an forth to reclaim flags. A minor inconvenience is all.

I agree with Elkat; I don't see the point in running to dominate and then having the opposition spawning in all sorts of places - as if it's not bad enough in this game already.

For instance, we played a game earlier where the enemy had two flags and was still spawning at the one which we had just capped. At one point, both teams were spawning on the radius of the same flag.

Yeah some of the lads have the skill to be able to deal with it but as Elkat said, what's the point in making it more difficult for ourselves.

Most maps are not conducive to a complete spawn trap so it doesn't end up being a walk over all of the time. Interchange on the other hand, if done correctly, can be perfect and everyone wants to make the most the map when and if it pops up.

You'd swear everyone just headglitches and runs high streaks. It's quite the opposite - Half the time the lads are running shotguns and support, depending on the map that comes up

TLDR - see bold

Jev/N wrote: »

You'd swear everyone just headglitches and runs high streaks. It's quite the opposite - Half the time the lads are running shotguns and support, depending on the map that comes up

TLDR - see bold

I don't believe ya:eek:

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I don't believe ya:eek:

You'll have to come back to find out ;)

Advertisement