Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

empacher wrote: »
    Limited Berty to 10 points, which I'm quite happy with (even manages to shut him down complently in the fourth quarter:p). Very tough defense to play against and an unpredictable offense with his 2WR 2RB 1TE set. Gore kept tearing me open on the outside. Found myself screaming at the LB to break his legs.

NFC East just got very close, one game between us.

Who will go through between you two if its a tiebreaker?

DaftDave when are you and Shane going to get your game played? Stevo same question goes for you? I just can't wait for my against the Chargers.

Also I don't think specsy has been active on here at all and he didn't play his game last week either. So if there is no update from him, I think he will be kicked from the league. (Hope I haven't missed any updates he has given.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

We have the same conf but i have the better divisional. I think that is how it works. Luckily both my games are divisional which is a chance to improve that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Ill probably get around to it tomorrow or Sunday need to pick up a Xbox Live membership

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Limited Berty to 10 points, which I'm quite happy with (even manages to shut him down complently in the fourth quarter:p). Very tough defense to play against and an unpredictable offense with his 2WR 2RB 1TE set. Gore kept tearing me open on the outside. Found myself screaming at the LB to break his legs.

Yep thanks for that Rizzo:pac:. Was very happy to avoid injuries in Q4. You completed some good passes on offence and got some cracking runs from time to time. Not a easy agme and that Q3 strip killed you.

As for the draft, guys you will have so much more information once the Commissioner forwards to the draft board after the Superbowl. I would not be wasting much time looking at it now. Once the franchise is forwarded to the draft you will be able to view every stat on both XBox and the Madden Online franchise Site, and set up a draft board. On the Myleaguemanager site you will also be able to see all their stats and also the potential of every player. However potential is not hugely important in that the franchise will run for only 2 or maybe 3 seasons max. You would need to be running 4/5+ seasons for potential to significantly effect the players you pick. When the time comes focus on the stats that are important in the player you are looking for e.g. do you need a speed back, look for someone with high SPD and ACC, do not worry too much about his Overall or Potential.

If you really really wanted to look at all the players you could do this:
    1. Setup an Online Franchise of your own
    2. Sim the weeks quickly.
    3. You will be told you cannot forward a week for 30 minutes once you forward a week
    4. Get around this by pressing Y to go to dasboard, restarting Madden and go back into the franchise and you will be allowed to forward it straight away.
    5. Probably would take about 30 minutes to do a season.
    6. Then when you get to the draft, leave it there so you can see all the players.
    7. You could also set up the online franchise in the myleaguemanager site so that you can see all the potentials as well
    8. The names vary from draft to draft but you will be able to recognise tehm from the Googel Docs thingy.

Yes it is sad that I know this crap and no I did not do this for Madden 12 !

Stev_o wrote: »
    Ill probably get around to it tomorrow or Sunday need to pick up a Xbox Live membership
    Xbox Live Sub;) 14 months for just under 39 euro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

It might be close now but I have Berty next and you divisional cpu games left, you never now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Dave [Browns] and Shane [Cards]
    Cowboys and Bucs [StevoIRE]
    Jags and Falcons [Specsy]

That's all that's left

I assume today Sunday is the deadline

No sign of Hoddle who was leading the Broncos, I know he was pm'ed this week
    Not much more anyone can do

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

mikemac1 wrote: »

No sign of Hoddle who was leading the Broncos, I know he was pm'ed this week
    Not much more anyone can do

He hasnt been around since the Titans played him and I didnt hear back from him and that was at least 7 weeks ago.
    I think your safe enough to go ahead and play

SantryRed, can you kick Specsy from the league after tonight if he doesn't turn up and play his game, thanks.

Hoodle hasn't been on boards in ages either, bit strange. Hopefully he returns at some stage as he did play his games and contribute to the chat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Just waiting for Shane to get back to me as to whether he was available before the week advanced and if he had managed to get the live sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Browns win the toss and elect to kick.

Arizona throws a pick on their first possession. Not to be outdone Cam Newton does the exact same thing on the Browns first drive.
    Good field position gets the Cards 7 points on their next drive
    Browns only need two plays to respond, a quick out to TE XXX before Jahvid Best breaks free for a huge run and its all tied up 7-7.

2nd Quarter.
    Solid run game by Arizona gets them another 7 on the next drive.
    Browns have to punt it away on their next possession.

The Cardinals O-Line continues to get the better of the Cleveland D-Line with the run game and Williams get it in again.
    21-7 Cardinals.
    Three plays later and the browns have to punt it away.
    Then the Cards do the same.
    Browns looking to get something before go deep and it's picked off.

Then with 10 seconds left on the clock the cardinals throw it and the user pick attempt comes up short. 28-7 Cardinals.

HALFTIME
    Hard running by Best and a lucky catch of a tipped pass by lloyd gets 7 on the board for Cleveland. 28-14 ARZ
    Arizona go 3 and out.

Browns putting a good drive together and get an encroachment penalty on 3 and 10 AND I HIT THE WRONG BUTTON AND DECLINE THE PENALTY!!!! :mad:
    Arizona get it after I punt it away and they score on yet another screen pass. :mad:
    35-14 Arizona

Browns throw a pick and arizona run it back for 6....4:29 remaining 42-14 Arizona.....this one is over.
    Suddenly Newton to Jones deep goes for a long TD and Feely is as always good on the xp. 42-21 Arizona
    Browns try a suprise kick but fail to recover.... Manage to hold them to a FG. 45-21 Arizona.
    The Newton throws a pick, and the cardinals get another touchdown......52-21 with less than 2:30 in the 4th.

Browns return the kick the the opposition 6 with a Browns player breaking his collarbone in the process and Newton runs it in for 6. 52-28 Cardinals.

Instead of just kneeling down the clock arizona passes and it's picked off.
    Browns go for it on 4th & 5 own 20 and get 6 points. It was about 6 seconds into the play that I realised that Shane was in a punt return formation :o

Arizona, despite having the game won and there being less than a minute left keep piling on scores and get one deep. 59-35 Arizoina
    Browns throw a pick and with 20 seconds left are expecting a kneel-down but the Cards keep airing it out looking for more scores.

THEN UP BY 20 POINTS WITH 8 SECONDS LEFT HE GOES FOR IT ON 4TH AND 2 AND SCORES???? WHAT'S THE FU€ING POINT OF THAT?? YOU HAD THE GAME WON! :mad: :mad: So much for sportsmanship anyway.....

Final score 66-35 to Arizona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Gameweek will be forwarded after the Denver game lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

In my defence, i wanted to get you back for the punt return formation i had out and you went for it:cool:

I seen you were in punt return formation when i went for it on 4 and 2 and waited for you to change.

Good game nonetheless, maniac to say the least. Still don't know how Lloyd caught that damn pass!

Screen passes work in this game, i just utilize the formation of the defence and run the play. I was gonna run a screen pass but saw you had the play figured so called an audible and went deep for gettis and got it!

davetherave, I'm good any evening after six pm for Browns and Ravens

Whatever suits you

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

mikemac1 wrote: »
    davetherave, I'm good any evening after six pm for Browns and Ravens

Whatever suits you

Feel free to lose man :p

I'll play the Jags tomorrow as I'm away for work for the rest of the week.

Also away the following week so wont be able to play the Texans til the Friday.

Key game for the Colts/Texans aswell this week.

It's in the Titans hands now, if they miss the playoffs they only have themselves to blame

NO PRESSURE

Pressure.. thats for tyres!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Two weeks to go, and the AFC playoff race has been shaken up!
    The Bengals and the Texans try to prove the AFC's dominance with big wins over the Rams and Panthers (which begs the question, which is the stronger conference? A possible answer may come later this week).
    Draft guru Berty44's Jets shutout the NFC East-leading Eagles, and the Bills handle division 'rivals' Miami.
    In the upset of the week, the previously 3-10 Chargers beat the Ravens 17-14 to derail mikemac1's playoff hopes.
    And least, but certainly not least, the Titans shut-out the Colts 24-0 to takeover the No.6 seed from the Ravens and re-open the AFC South race.

Division Leaders
    1. Jets 14-0
    2. Bengals 11-3
    3. Colts 10-4
    4. Broncos 7-6 (Can’t see their results on the LM site yet)

Wild Cards
    5. Bills 11-3
    6. Titans 9-5

In The Hunt
    Ravens 8-6
    Texans 8-6

A Look Ahead at the Schedule:

Jets @ Giants
    Jets have clinched the AFC East and the No.1 seed, so they are playing for pride and perfection in the Battle of New York, as city rivals the Giants chase a playoff berth.

Broncos (CPU) @ Bills
    Bills clinched a playoff berth, and all-but clinched the No.5 seed (own tie-breaker over Titans thanks to 21-14 victory, and currently have better Conference record than Colts, if they finished level it would come down to record in common games). Broncos are AFC West champs and have an outside shot at the No.3 seed to avoid Bills in the playoffs but need to beat them to do this.
    *If Bills win, they guarantee the No.5 seed and a Wildcard Weekend rematch at Mile High (I am making the not-so-wild assumption that the Broncos will be our No.4 seed).

Jags (CPU) @ Titans
    Titans need to win to hold onto the No.6 seed as the Ravens hold the tie-breaker over them. A win will also keep the Colts under pressure for the AFC South.

Browns @ Ravens
    Ravens are desperate for a win to stay in the playoff hunt as they face division rival Browns who are playing for pride and building towards next season.
    *Titans win and Ravens loss = Titans in the playoffs.
    *Any other combination of results = down to Week 17

Cardinals @ Bengals
    The win over the Rams last week sealed the AFC North title, and the Bengals can do the same for the No.2 seed this week with a win here. Not going to be easy as the Cardinals are fighting for an NFC playoff spot either via the NFC West title or a wildcard.

GAME OF THE WEEK - Texans @ Colts
    In yet another high-stakes game, the Colts will be looking to bounce back from last week’s defeat to hold onto their AFC South lead, as the Texans keep chasing hard for the wildcard and setup a week 17 showdown with the Titans.
    *A win for the Colts guarantees a playoff spot.

Not set in stone, but the AFC South race I think comes down to this:
    Colts win out and they win the division.
    If the Colts end up tied with either the Titans or Texans then they will lose the tie-breaker based on division record (Currently Colts 3-1, Titans 3-1, Texans 2-2 but if to end up tied then the Colts would have to lose division games and other teams win which would shift the balance)
    All will be clearer after this week (hopefully, unless there is a crazy AFC South three-tem tiebreaker).

Exciting week ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Shane.C wrote: »
    In my defence, i wanted to get you back for the punt return formation i had out and you went for it:cool:

That's not on. He was down a few scores in the 4th so fully entitled to go on 4th down regardless of your formation.
    You'd been warned about going on 4th when you've got a big lead earlier in the season too.

4th Downs: No going for it on 4th down unless the situation calls for it, some specific examples are;

1) Go for it anytime inside the 10 (Broncos kept trying it last weekend so it's not like it's unrealistic)
    2) Go for it anytime in the Q4 when behind OR inside opposition 40
    3) Go for it anytime when 4th and 1 inside opposition 40
    4) Go for it only 1 more time in a given game outside of the rules above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Shane thats bang put of order, you treat people your playing with respect, if you wanna be a lobby player go play in the lobby games.

If you have the opportunity to kneel and win the game you take it. Can the commissioner have a look at this. ^^

4th Downs: No going for it on 4th down unless the situation calls for it, some specific examples are;

1) Go for it anytime inside the 10 (Broncos kept trying it last weekend so it's not like it's unrealistic)

Im glad I'm not playing you this year . Cope on will ya, you. Had won the game and you decidemto rub salt into the wound. It's bad form, if you wanna act like that to a growing community perhaps you shouldn't be in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

I know the rules (I wrote them!) but that's just unsporting.

I think we could probably tighten those up now, get rid of 4. I think I had envisioned it being used on short yardage around mid field earlier in the game.
    And maybe restrict part 2 and 3 to when between 40 and 30; if you're not loosing and closer you should probably be kicking FGs anyway.

I can understand where you're coming from danger dave, however, i did not break the rules.

If the situation does arise again i will kneel rather than pass/run.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

There should be no excuse for going for it on 4th down when you are well ahead as far as I can see it breaks 2 rules:
    Rules wrote:
    4th Downs: No going for it on 4th down unless the situation calls for it, some specific examples are

Obviously the situation did not call for it here.

Also the following rule should be followed if you are well ahead there should be no need to run up the score.
    Rules wrote:
    Sportsmanship: Use the Golden Rule. Treat others how you wish to be treated. Dont run up the score to pad your stats. If you have someone down and beaten, late in the game, have some class and run the clock out without rubbing salt in their wounds. Generally speaking, up by more than two scores with 2 minutes remaining should dictate you running the ball.

It also looks like his opponent did not follow the following rule, were you guy's mic'd up? You need to tell your opponent when you are going for it on 4th down.
    Rules wrote:
    Finally, if you are not going to take a field goal or punt on 4th down then you must tell your opponent you are going for it before you choose your formation. No fake punts !

I had no mic on, tv was on mute.

I have no issue with the browns going for it on 4th, i don't want to make a big deal about it. What's done is done, for future reference, i will adhere to the sportsmanship method.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Hey Raoul/SantryRed,

Just wondering when the gameweek will be advanced?
    Trying to organise Week 16 game for early this evening and wanna know if it'll be a goer or not?

Thanks a mill

I can understand where you're coming from danger dave, however, i did not break the rules.

If the situation does arise again i will kneel rather than pass/run.

You did, you do not pad your score, its a shifty thing to do to a fellow Madden play.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Hey Berty,

When suits you this week? Im free most, if not all evenings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Berty44 wrote: »
    Anyone who needs a really nice Christmas present should ask for Turtle Beach headphones. They have a mic and the sound as well as the game chat comes through them and you can adjust the volume of both to suit. They don't come cheap but they are well worth it. The sound coming through them is so good I often use them to actually listen to the tv through them. With the ones I have (PX21's) one of the things I have done with them is watch an NFL game while chatting to a fellow NFL fan though XBox.

Think mine are wired PX21's, cost around €75 but there are a few different versions, X11 are around €50. Get the best you can afford.

Its good to talk :pac:

Hi Berty,

I was going to buy these off amazon, one of the reviews mentions that you also need to get a separate cable if you are using HDMI to connect your xbox to the tv, do you know if this is the case?

Advertisement