Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,714 ✭✭✭Raoul

Niballer will you be about to play today? It is probably the best chance I will get to play all week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

face the CPU Broncos

I though Hoddle was in charge of the Broncos

So we've lost another player.

Not good coming into the playoffs

I think we kicked him out to allow someone else to play and he just never came back. Maybe I'm wrong. We still have 19 players which is pretty good and a good step up from last year where we had about half of that.

EDIT - Just pm'd him to see if he would be coming back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

He never replied to my PMs and XBox messages a few weeks ago Raoul. No idea what the story is with him.

Last Activity: 30-11-2011 22:44

Bit strange. I can't remember him saying that he was going to leave or anything. If any new people come I think we will have to let them pick the broncos if they want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Hi Guys.

Sorry for hijacking this a bit, but I thought you'd be the best people to answer it (BA thread has no replys). Where would be the cheapest place to get Madden '12 on Ps3?

Cheers.

Looks like zavvi or thehut for 24 pounds.

This site is english but still gives a good indication:
    Game price comparison site

Gah, I'm going to throw away my wildcard slot :o

Apart front the whipping I recieved from Berty's Jets I've beaten every other human opponent this year.
    But I'm awful against the CPU, McNabb with two early picks

Nevertheless Ravens stick with the run game, get yet another Thomas Jones redzone TD and my man Eric Berry scooping a fumble for a defensive TD

Fourteen - Three to the Ravens

Chargers drive back up and Terrell Owens was killing me in the centre of the field and scored a TD. Two point conversion failed, Fourteen- Nine

Ravens sweep down the field with more power running, PA plays to my speedy WR Royal and outside curls to my reliable WR Steve Smith

All for nothing, Thomas Jones fumbles in the red zone :mad:

Chargers sweep down the field, TD and two point conversion, Seventeen - Fourteen

Ok, don't panic, that's manageable. Ravens power down the field and are left with a decision on fourth and one. It's a forty eight yd FG and I was not confident at all.
    So decided to run to get the first down and some more yds.
    My FB dive got blown up, change of possession, I still think it was the right call, I don't regret it but alas it failed

Chargers take a knee, game over.

Texans are a game behind, Titans face a difficult game against McG who are leading the AFC South. I'm confident McG will do the business, division leaders for a reason plus the pressure is on to get the bye and two seed

BigbadRob with a win can seal the AFC North this week

This game has huge implications for the AFC playoff race

Colts duking it out with the Bengals for the bye and homefield advantage while the Titans are looking to capitalize on the slipups by the Ravens and Texans to grab a wildcard slot

Colts 10 - 3
    Titans 8 - 5

Both teams are from the AFC South where high flying offenses rule so are we going to get a shootout?

Lets have a look

Offense

Colts:
    Indy sure like to air it out with the third highest passing yds in the league with 2534. But this is not just a pass-happy team as they have the fifth most rushing yds in the league with 1388. Not that's impressive :cool:
    Darren McFadden and Vernon Davis heading for the leaguemanger Probowl with Philip Rivers under center.
    They don't give probowl spots to the Olinemen it seems but you don't get those stats without a good line, take a bow Oher, Rackley, Brown, Scott and Justice. Not a line with huge names but they're working well

Titans
    Oh dear, Titans are thirty first in passing, not so hot. But the seventh best running game in the league and 13 red zone TD's has eeked out many a Titan win. No probowlers on this team, it's very much a team effort.
    I've a feeling the Titans are special team aces which helped a lot, they astounded the Ravens earlier this season with two consecutive punts out on the three yard line

But enough of this, we all know defense wins championships
    This is the AFC South, not the AFC North so I'm expecting dodgy defenses here :pac:

Defense

Colts
    Twentieth against the pass is a worry, is this something to be exploited? Eighth against the run is more reassuring.
    Despite the pass yardage giving up, Colts have two defensive backs heading to the Probowl, Adam Jones and DeAngelo Hall. Is this a case of them being picked on and so racking up the stats? They say the best defensive backs are never targeted. Nevertheless Deangelo Hall can be proud of his five ints

Titans
    Twenty sixth against the pass but an incredible third against the run. Tamba Hali beasting this season with three sacks, two ints and two forced fumbles.
    But again this pass defense is concern, coming up against the team with the third most passing yds in the league. Titans are a gutsy team, looking at the schedule I see one complete win over the Falcons but no blowouts there. Titans tend to hang on and the games are nervous, tight affairs

Prediction
    Ravens recently beat the Colts by forcing turnovers and keeping Philip Rivers off the field by calming rushing all game and controlling the clock

But fall behind to the Colts and they'll rip you up with that high flying offense.

Titans are good at rushing but I don't think Kyle Orton can get it done and add an extra element

Colts + 6

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Great write up mike, fully agree with all you say.
    I fell behind in my game to the Colts after throwing an int and then fumbling their kick off and then throwing an int on my next possession so they were pretty much 3 scores up by the time i'd taken a breath.

It's going to be tough and i've been working on my passing.. but as you say my pass defense its shockingly bad :( but hopefully with the really shocking Ravens loss the Titans will be motivated to get the win!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

McG i'm around tonight at 10 tomorrow evening, not sure about Thursday yet and will be around Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

McG i'm around tonight at 10 tomorrow evening, not sure about Thursday yet and will be around Friday evening.

Might be heading out to watch Liverpool match tonight and playing 5-a-side on Thursday.
    I'll definitely be free on Friday but might catch you tomorrow. See you online.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Can i be added to the league again as Cardinals?

My new gamertag is ShaneCos11

Shane.C wrote: »
    Can i be added to the league again as Cardinals?

My new gamertag is ShaneCos11

I'll send you an invite when I'm on next. I've no idea what the password is though! Haha

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Did any ps3 franchise start up ? Picked up the game a week ago and looking to join an online franchise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Giants beat the Redskins 30-3 last night. An impressive pass defence with 5 picks on show, including a hat trick (does American Football have hat tricks?) for Asante Samuel. 1 was returned for a TD by Robert Mathis of all people.

Was kinda gashed on the ground by Brandon Jacobs, which doesn't fill me whith confidence for next weeks Battle of New York. So Berty feel free to rest people...lots of people!!

Did any ps3 franchise start up ? Picked up the game a week ago and looking to join an online franchise :)

Don't think it ever started up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

McG wrote: »
    Might be heading out to watch Liverpool match tonight and playing 5-a-side on Thursday.
    I'll definitely be free on Friday but might catch you tomorrow. See you online.

off sick all day today so prob won't be up for our game this evening. on the plus side I won't be playing football tomorrow now so I should be free tomorrow and Friday evenings

McG wrote: »
    off sick all day today so prob won't be up for our game this evening. on the plus side I won't be playing football tomorrow now so I should be free tomorrow and Friday evenings

Ah lets play tonight that way you can say you were sick when i beat you :D

Friday it will have to be, have a game tomorrow and then will be driving to Cork after it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭davetherave

Couldn't connect to ShaneC, nor could he join me on two separate attempts so we'll try again on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Berty44 wrote: »
    :pac: Must remember to do some resting all right.

Probably Thursday evening sometime between 8-10 would be best. If not I am pretty free this week so let me know.

yup i should be free then.

Just remember plenty of players to be rested :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

No luck hearing back from madalig12 (Rams), sent couple messages since Monday to organise our game.

Hoping to get it done before weekend as have a busy one.

Titans @ Colts will (most likely) be going ahead tomorrow.. I'm sure the Ravens will be flying about waiting for the result..!

Had a Wii gathering dust for the last 2 years. Decided to use it over Christmas and bought GoldenEye for €18 and it passed a few hours. Not huge into video games, in fact don't play them at all, but wouldn't mind picking up some version of Madden on the cheap (need not be the latest edition at all). Where's the best place to get one second hand?

No luck hearing back from madalig12 (Rams), sent couple messages since Monday to organise our game.

Hoping to get it done before weekend as have a busy one.

If you haven't heard from him by tonight let me know and I'll remove him so you can play your game.

Couldn't connect to ShaneC, nor could he join me on two separate attempts so we'll try again on Sunday.

Make sure both of your NAT's are set to open. And firewall's set to low on your routers. Sometimes that can cause a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Havnt been able to pick up Madden12 yet for the Xbox do have Madden 9 & 10 for Xbox and 10for PS3.
    As soon as I pick up 12 for Xbox I will definitly join in this league mode.

Raoul has explained me some of how it goes on but I was wondering If I pick a team that hasnt been picked yet will they have the default players form the vanilla version of the game or all the players traded from the Player Controlled teams in the league, i.e If I pick the Pats will Brady, Welker etc be in the team? Can I look at the teams available roster before selecting a team as I dont want to be stuck with a bogey team for the next couple of seasons?

Havnt been able to pick up Madden12 yet for the Xbox do have Madden 9 & 10 for Xbox and 10for PS3.
    As soon as I pick up 12 for Xbox I will definitly join in this league mode.

Raoul has explained me some of how it goes on but I was wondering If I pick a team that hasnt been picked yet will they have the default players form the vanilla version of the game or all the players traded from the Player Controlled teams in the league, i.e If I pick the Pats will Brady, Welker etc be in the team? Can I look at the teams available roster before selecting a team as I dont want to be stuck with a bogey team for the next couple of seasons?

No, you'll have the fantasy draft team.
    You have Dallas Clark anyway so thats a positive!

The team view doesnt seem to be working at the moment.
    The Pats are 5-8 currently but in a division with 2 excellent human players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

empacher wrote: »
    yup i should be free then.

Just remember plenty of players to be rested :pac:
    I should be on at 9 tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

If possible ensure that both players are using WIRED connections.

Where one player is using a wireless connection it can often be impossible to connect a Madden game for some unknown reason !

Advertisement