Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Draft as many as your guys on the boards league in another league McG and practice there, thats what i did.

Also if you win your next 2 games and so do I, I think that means we are in the play offs against each other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

empacher wrote: »
    we aim for between 8-10pm i'll post here when ever i'm on
    Will keep an eye out. Might have to be after 9 though as I may not be home until 9:10ish

McG wrote: »
    well if I do end up losing those last 2 that'll be 4 in a row so I won't have any complaints about missing the playoffs. I'm going to need to start playing Madden more than just the one online franchise game a week
    Recommend you join www.immaturegamers.net . 9/10 of the guys from here play there also and I would think they have all improved their games greatly from playing in their leagues (they run 3). One of their leagues is also a fantasy franchise with available spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

madalig12 wrote: »
    If anyone wants mendenhall he's goin for two jaffa cakes and a packet of Bikers. .

I might be able to find a few Jaffa cakes lying around!!!! Let me know where to send them.

Just slap a stamp and a sticker on Mendenhall with ATTN: NYG Meadowlands, New Jersey. The post man will do the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Next possession, first play; Mendenhall fumbles again!
    Cincy recovers as Rams owner is "displeased". Cutler finds Ringer for a 36yd TD. CIN 27-3

Can I assume that if this game were shown on sky, the live sound would have turned down and Kevin Cadle would have had to appologise for use of language out of sky control?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Raoul

Right, so after making this season extremely difficult on myself, I now have 1 game against the Chargers that if I win, I will be through to the playoffs, I think. As my conference record will be too good for anyone to catch me?

Can someone confirm this is correct please? Does Madden still do something funny if there is a tiebreaker in this sort of situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Raoul wrote: »
    Right, so after making this season extremely difficult on myself, I now have 1 game against the Chargers that if I win, I will be through to the playoffs, I think. As my conference record will be too good for anyone to catch me?

Can someone confirm this is correct please? Does Madden still do something funny if there is a tiebreaker in this sort of situation?

Hope you lose it so the last game means something :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Raoul

That is just mean! :(

Feck resting players now, whether I win or lose, I am eventually going to beat you. And hopefully I beat you with a 90 yard td pass where about three of your players tip it and it somehow falls into DeSean Jacksons hands. (I'm still fuming over that Madden 11 play)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Feck resting players now, whether I win or lose, I am eventually going to beat you. And hopefully I beat you with a 90 yard td pass where about three of your players tip it and it somehow falls into DeSean Jacksons hands. (I'm still fuming over that Madden 11 play)

Desean Jackson would just drop it before crossing the line though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Win against Chargers will likely mean you're in through not 100% certain.
    To figure it out for certain you'd have to work out tiebreakers with the Eagles, Giants, 49ers (who you've beaten) and Cardinals. Seeing as you haven't played the other three teams, it would be your conference record against theirs.

• Advertisement

99% certain that this has all been corrected. I know it worked correctly in a franchise where myself and Ben both finished 9-7 recently and it put me through according to proper NFL rules ( sorry Ben ! )

An aside - I was online and was sitting on the first menu page of the franchise last night. Bengals (BigBAdRob) and Rams (AliG) were early in the only game being played. I could clearly hear their conversation but I don't think they could hear me. Really sounded like they were havinga fun game !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

:D

My team don't do shootouts any more :p

We shut teams down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Berty44 wrote: »
    An aside - I was online and was sitting on the first menu page of the franchise last night. Bengals (BigBAdRob) and Rams (AliG) were early in the only game being played. I could clearly hear their conversation but I don't think they could hear me. Really sounded like they were havinga fun game !!!!

Was wondering who that was!
    Heard two different people at two separate times during the game through the earpiece, was a bit surreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

Just got through updating the rankings.
    Only major difference is that if the playoffs began right now, the ravens and bears would be out and the Titans and Giants would be in.

Giants beat out Chicago on account of the conference record (7-4) as opposed to (5-5) but the Giants do have to "travel" to the unbeaten Jets so the Bears aren't out of it yet.

Have also put in an "If Draft started Today" ranking sheet. "With the first pick of the 2013 NFL Madden Draft the Carolina Panthers select...."

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amb7i5eokd8bdHcxM3J5MmJzVkVXdjN5ejBoZjluZEE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Just got through updating the rankings.
    Only major difference is that if the playoffs began right now, the ravens and bears would be out and the Titans and Giants would be in.

Giants beat out Chicago on account of the conference record (7-4) as opposed to (5-5) but the Giants do have to "travel" to the unbeaten Jets so the Bears aren't out of it yet.

Have also put in an "If Draft started Today" ranking sheet. "With the first pick of the 2013 NFL Madden Draft the Carolina Panthers select...."

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amb7i5eokd8bdHcxM3J5MmJzVkVXdjN5ejBoZjluZEE

well done on this, surely you should have niners replacing cardinals though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Where did the draft info come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Stev_o wrote: »

so whats the best way i can scout these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

if things go the way there going Eagles and giants are in for a trilogy this season. with the winner getting supreme bragging rights

adrian522 wrote: »
    well done on this, surely you should have niners replacing cardinals though:)
    You saw nothing >_> :pac::pac:
    Where did the draft info come from?
    so whats the best way i can scout these guys?
    I had been looking here, but Steve's link is much better.
    It's also available in a handy pdf version here

• Advertisement

How do we know which draft group we're getting then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

How do we know which draft group we're getting then?

It's the 8th group on my link AFAIK.

Stev_o wrote: »
    It's the 8th group on my link AFAIK.

sorry bout all the questions, but only two players have stats in that group is there anyway to find out anymore?

thanks!

BP what one are you looking at, they all have stats? im looking at the Pdf
    Oregon
    Florida
    Michigan

Are the orders of the first 3 QBs

BP what one are you looking at, they all have stats? im looking at the Pdf
    Oregon
    Florida
    Michigan

Are the orders of the first 3 QBs

in the spreadsheet the first two qbs have stats such as speed, strength, agility, etc listed. none of the others do!

in the spreadsheet the first two qbs have stats such as speed, strength, agility, etc listed. none of the others do!

Ah sorry, I think if i understand correctly. Take a look at the PDF Stev_o linked to. We can draft only the 8th group in there (seems not many players though??)

They have stats

Ah sorry, I think if i understand correctly. Take a look at the PDF Stev_o linked to. We can draft only the 8th group in there (seems not many players though??)

They have stats

but they dont have stats! only 2 players have more than physical measurements, how are we supposed to decide on players if all we have is height, weight, position and projected round? do you just use overall?

are you seeing the same as me?

ToZNW.png

PDF

The PDF gives overall, but yes on the google doc i dont see the stats.

Just use potential and overall I suppose :/

Edit: Heli, the guides only show players with an A or B potential rating. There is plenty of C and lower ratings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Limited Berty to 10 points, which I'm quite happy with (even manages to shut him down complently in the fourth quarter:p). Very tough defense to play against and an unpredictable offense with his 2WR 2RB 1TE set. Gore kept tearing me open on the outside. Found myself screaming at the LB to break his legs.

NFC East just got very close, one game between us.

Advertisement