Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

adrian522 wrote: »
    Hi Berty,

I was going to buy these off amazon, one of the reviews mentions that you also need to get a separate cable if you are using HDMI to connect your xbox to the tv, do you know if this is the case?

Yes. You can pick it up for 5 euro on Amazon. See here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Cable-Adapter-XBOX-Slim/dp/B005EDAFFS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1326110978&sr=8-2

I'll forward the league in 25 minutes or so lads.

Busy with college work so I'll be back on later in regards the situation with the Cardinals. I think Raoul has already dealt with this matter with Shane before so go ahead with what you want to do Raoul as your the man for these things. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Cheers Santry...

As an aside, is anyone interested in going to the woolshed for the Saints/49ers game on Saturday night?

I know the 49ers might blow them out of it but it should be interesting nonetheless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Eltovesled. Hiants and Jets:
    Can you do Tuesday @ 9?

Hi Berty,

I was going to buy these off amazon, one of the reviews mentions that you also need to get a separate cable if you are using HDMI to connect your xbox to the tv, do you know if this is the case?

I have seen other guys say that but definitely not in my case. I got the PX21's The standard cable coming out of them splits into two. One sub- cable goes with you know those the red/yellow/white cables at the end of it and connects into the back of my tv ( giving the sound for viewing normal tv ). The other sub-cable is the actual headphones. My Xbox is already connected to the tv via HMDI cable. The PX21s plug into a USB port at the front of the XBox.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Berty44 wrote: »
    Eltovesled. Hiants and Jets:
    Can you do Tuesday @ 9?

That's ok with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I loved my PX21, that's until the mic broke for some reason and iv been devastated every since. Stupid wires tangle up and get crazily tense which must of snapped one of the wires :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I have seen other guys say that but definitely not in my case. I got the PX21's The standard cable coming out of them splits into two. One sub- cable goes with you know those the red/yellow/white cables at the end of it and connects into the back of my tv ( giving the sound for viewing normal tv ). The other sub-cable is the actual headphones. My Xbox is already connected to the tv via HMDI cable. The PX21s plug into a USB port at the front of the XBox.

Thanks, I'll chance just ordering the headset and see how I go,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ok as for the fourth down thing. Both of you seemed to be in the wrong. But shane you were way ahead and did yours just out of spite. No need for it and you are right about the 4th down rule but you broke others. As for the punt formation you lined up in, that is one of the reasons the mics help.

Hopefully both of you use this for a reference in the future and if it happens again we will have to have some sort of punishment.

Santry can you remove the chargers owner as he wont be about this week! He just joined the league but pmmd me to say he cant play for ten days. Thanks. Will you also reinvite him after you kick him.

Thanks, I'll chance just ordering the headset and see how I go,

Sorry Adrian.

You actually can do it this way as well but the sound is slightly behind on the headset to it coming out of the tv normally. However, if you connect it directly to the Xbox, the sound is right on time. PX21's are great though especially if you have a Playstation as well as it works on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

mikemac1 wrote: »
    davetherave, I'm good any evening after six pm for Browns and Ravens

Whatever suits you

Much the same as myself. If you are free this evening then is ~2100 good? otherwise just name a time for tomorrow.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Sorry Adrian.

You actually can do it this way as well but the sound is slightly behind on the headset to it coming out of the tv normally. However, if you connect it directly to the Xbox, the sound is right on time. PX21's are great though especially if you have a Playstation as well as it works on both.
    Ben are you saying that if you are watching tv the sound is behind wheras if you are playing a game on XBox it is synched correctly?

Ben are you saying that if you are watching tv the sound is behind wheras if you are playing a game on XBox it is synched correctly?

I notice sometimes if I've left my headphones plugged in and I'm watching TV. I can hear what is like a slight echo which is about half a second behind the sound coming from the TV. So the headphones if plugged into the tv are slightly behind where if they were plugged directly into the Xbox they're bang on time. Hope I explained that right :pac:

I notice sometimes if I've left my headphones plugged in and I'm watching TV. I can hear what is like a slight echo which is about half a second behind the sound coming from the TV. So the headphones if plugged into the tv are slightly behind where if they were plugged directly into the Xbox they're bang on time. Hope I explained that right :pac:
    I understand exactly what you are saying now. I usually leave them plugged permanently so if you mute the tv you can actually still just about hear the sound coming from them :pac: Can't say I noticed that lag though. Could be my hearing is slowing getting worse though, my Mrs says I never hear her !

Thanks lads, they sound like a good headset anyway so should be a good investment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Much the same as myself. If you are free this evening then is ~2100 good? otherwise just name a time for tomorrow.

Tomorrow at 20:00?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

So what conference is the best.. lets see (be warned this is a pretty basic comparison!)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar7IplakR-xFdE1tWktSdi1UbGNnWEprWTBpLXo4TGc
    East
    Bertys excellent record helps the AFC lead by 7 with 35 wins and also the AFC scores 1091 points to the 798 of the NFC. The AFC also lead the PA stats with 780 to the NFCs 918.

The AFC is really helped by Bertys perfect season along with the Bills very good season that should see them get 2nd seed. The two of them get 667 PF and a very good 305 PA
    The Eagles have a good 9-5 record with a + 27 points difference, the Giants who are in battle for a wildcard have a 8-6 record but a negative points difference.

North
    Things turn around in the North with the GB Packers helping the NFC to 36 wins, 20 losses, 1307 PF and 970 PA. The AFC struggle a bit with 27 wins, 28 losses and a negative points difference of 18!

The Packers have a near perfect 13-1 and a very good points difference, the Lions also weigh in with 9-5 and an OK points difference. The Bears round out the positive win/loss ratio with 8-6.
    The Bengals have a very good record of 11-3 with a +100 points difference, the Ravens are the only other team with a positive win record of 8-6 with a +21 points difference. The Browns struggle in a tough division and are 5-9 with a -47 points difference.

Next we come to the commentators division!
    South!
    AFC comes up trumps here with 31 wins, 25 losses, 1093 PF and 1011 PA.
    The NFC weighs in with 22 wins, 50% of these are from the Buccs, 34 losses with 34 of these coming from the CPU Saints and the rookie Panthers. 1113 PF and 1295 PA
    The Buccs really help the NFC stats here with a 11-3 record and a +127 points difference. Falcons are 7-7 but are -28 points.

The AFC is a tough division with 3 human teams, the Texans dropped their coach midway through the season despite being in a good position and are currently 8-6 with + 20 points difference.
    The Titans are 9-5 with a +40 points difference.
    The Colts lead the way with a 10-4 record and a + 85 points difference.

West
    NFC comes out on top here with 25 wins, 30 losses, 1 tie ball game, 917 PF and 971 PA.
    AFC weighs in with 19 wins, 37 losses, 866 PF and 1219 PA.

2 NFC teams have positive records with the 49'ers going 9-5 with a + 71 points difference and the Cardinals going 8-6 with an impressive +123 points difference

The Broncos who went coachless in the mid-season are 8-6 but with a slightly negative points difference, the rookie Raiders are at 4-10 with a negative PD.

So who is the best??
    Well it's very very tight.

The AFC has 112 wins, 111 losses, 1 tie game, 3967 PF and 3948 PA which means a PD of + 19

The NFC has 111 wins, 112 losses, 1 tie game, 4135 PF and 4154 PA which gives them PD of - 19.

Not much between the conferences but this commentator is going to stick with his conference for both the Pro-Bowl and the Super Bowl winner.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

spreadsheet should be accessible now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Cardinals @ Bengals

Oh how the Bengals wish they could have a do-over on this one!

Teams swap three-and-outs to start the game, then on next drive the Cardinals advance wih a good dose of DeAngelo Williams on the ground and off screens until getting stopped on 3rd & 11 inside the 40. Boomer of a 54yd FG to start us off.
    ARI 3-0

Bengals don't get out of their own 20 on kick off, then think they've started well with a 7yd pass on first down. Second down; sack on play action. Third down: Cutler throws one of his famous INT's inside his own 20!

Cards take over and Williams gets the rock, the chains are needed for 3rd & 7 to award the first. 1st & Goal; Bengals D only allows 2yds on first two downs, before Williams scores on a misdirection toss.
    ARI 10-0

Cincy advance up the field, Cutler competes a pass or two until they stall in Arizona territory. Brown misses a 44yd FG to the right.

A few fruitless possessions are swapped until Bengals close out the half with Cutler being intercepted on a Hail Mary.

Bengals start the second half with purpose, an 80yd ground 'n' pound drive all Michael Turner with one pass, until they crash in from a yard out. Momentum shifter? If only.
    ARI 10-7

Cards punt on next drive, returner leaves it to run into end zone, but it stops on 1yd line.
    Bengals get a yard on first two downs. On third; Cutler drops back to pass in his own end zone, scans the field; does he throw a pick? Does he take a safety? Does he sensibly throw away?
    NO! He fumbles as Cards recover for a defensive TD.
    ARI 17-7

From here on Bengals are desperate, turn it over on downs a couple of times failing to convert, Cards score and insurance TD. After last bunch of Hail Mary's fail, the Cards kneel it out for the win.

No mic's, luckily for Shane who missed my cursing. Cutler missed some open receivers badly which had me livid and finished with a deserved 23.8 rating.
    Mistakes killed Bengals, and Cardinals took full advantage.

Final Score

Cardinals 24 - 7 Bengals

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Good job on the write up man, i heard all the cursing though, haha!

'Throw the F*CKING Ball!!' haha

My D really stepped up i think, good game.

LM site updated.

I won my game 7-6. Absolutely awful game. Threw two picks. One in the red zone, the Chargers aren't great at all. Kitna is awful, I was probably worse though :(. So bad at Madden these days. Ohwell, through to the wildcard round I think.

Great write up lads. Not much to report on my game really. Just noticed that the Bears lost to Santry (looks like an absolute shoot-out despite Santry's proclamation:
    I don't do shootouts...anymore
    So that is one of my contenders gone and with the Giants playing the Eagles, I think I might be able to rest some players next week. Wish everyone would play their games already so we can advance, ha!! Looking forward to next week and the playoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Tomorrow at 20:00?

Yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'll paypal you that tenner later on

Don't tell the Titans ;)

I'll paypal you that tenner later on

Don't tell the Titans ;)

The Browns are playing for something more than €€€€ and thats pride!!

Jags @ Titans and the Jags receive first.

The jags make some good progress with Moreno at HB but the Titans D stops them and they have to punt.

The Titans mix it up but get stopped at midfield and on 4th and 2 they punt.

The jags have a little success on the ground again but are forced to punt with 3:58 in the half.

Bush makes a 30 yard run but the Titans get called back for holding
    Orton throws a ball to 3 defenders and not one of them catch it.. a lucky escape!
    I aim a punt downfield and bounces just on the wrong side of the pylon to let the jags take it from the 20.

The Jags O-line crumbles the the Titans get the sack

What looks like its going to be and int returned for a TD is dropped :mad:
    The Jags have to punt with 51 seconds in the half.

The Titans air it out twice and make good ground.. then Orton throws a pick. The jags have 22 seconds and 3 TOs, what can they do from their own 31
    The Titans get the sack again but it goes the half at 0-0...very fcuking tense!!

The Titans ground and pound it all the way up the field and Bush gets in for a rushing TD
    0-7 Titans with 55 in the 3rd left.

The Jags dont get much on the ground and have to punt it away with 6:33 in the game.

The Titans eat up 3 mins with a long drive, however a pass on 3rd and 4 to the TE looks safe but he takes a hit and drops it so the Titans are forced to punt.

Again the Titans precision punting is just off and the ball falls on the wrong side of the pylon and the jags start from their 20 with 3:24 left

They Titans D-line dominates 2 tackles for losses and the a monster sack on the QB and the Jags punt with 2:00 in the game.

The Titans ground and pound it again making some key first downs.
    The Titans continue on the ground and Bush gets in for a good TD with 0:14 seconds left
    0-14 Titans

And that is game...
    The Titans get 2 shut outs in a row

Some stats..
    Titans offense was 266 with 175 on the groun to the Jags 66 yard offense with 53 of those on the ground.
    3rd down conversion was 66% Titans to 28% Jags
    18 first downs for the Titans and only 4 for the Jags.

Bush gets MVP with 152 yards on 27 carries giving him 5.6 average along with 2 TDs
    Reggie Wayne and Cook kept the ball moving through the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Just looked over the stats on our game there rob and realised i only achieved 89 offensive yards, defense really did play well! haha!

Packers 33-28 Bears

Green Bay managed to keep their 100% home record this season while resting a lot of their players.

Great game Paddy. When you recovered the onside with 40 seconds to go I was worried but thankfully Brees was picked off and that was the game.

Reserves will be out again Raoul so you may have a chance to win ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Pudsy33, when are you on for our game? I'm around this evening, tomorrow evening or Friday evening.

McG wrote: »
    Pudsy33, when are you on for our game? I'm around this evening, tomorrow evening or Friday evening.

Sorry to quote the Ravens but... no pressure :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ohteddyteddy10

Alright lads would anyone be willing to do a swap of Madden 12 on PS3 for an unopened copy of FIFA 12 got two of them for Christmas!

• Advertisement

Packers 33-28 Bears

Green Bay managed to keep their 100% home record this season while resting a lot of their players.

Great game Paddy. When you recovered the onside with 40 seconds to go I was worried but thankfully Brees was picked off and that was the game.

Reserves will be out again Raoul so you may have a chance to win ;)

Hopefully i will be resting a few aswell

Advertisement