Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yikes, good time to face you then :P you around before the late game tonight otherwise I should be around Monday night from about 10 or anytime during the day on wed and thurs!

Btw since I'm in the hunt for the number 1 pick, how does the draft work? Are the players
    computer generated?
    Yes players are computer generated. Draft works though XBox, Commissioner will set day / start time and it works through 7 rounds with picks based on where you finish this season, same as real NFL.

The draft is where the leaguemanger site really is handy. You can see all the stats of the players / their potentials etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

madalig12 wrote: »
    sunday suits me, say one o'clock.

Sorry about this, just seeing this now, hopefully you can play some evening this week ...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

are the bills still on for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

adrian522 wrote: »
    Sorry about this, just seeing this now, hopefully you can play some evening this week ...

I'm free tonight till 11. and tmw from 8-11. any good for ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

are the bills still on for tonight?

Yup .. 1030 sharp ? Buffalo are being billed as favorites in this one !

• Advertisement

Just for that i'm rooting for whom ever the bills are playing against.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

terrible....! see you at 10:30 im still mic-less

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm free tonight till 11. and tmw from 8-11. any good for ya?

Lets go with 10 tonight ...

ok

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Prince you available now?

• Advertisement

Dave, i'm around now so if your ready just post here!

Titans @ Bills and the smack talking comes to a thrilling climax hopefully!

The Titans win the toss and decide to kick first to put pressure on the Bills and ti works after two loss making plays the Bills are forced to punt on 4th and 5.

The Titans start well on the ground but then get pushed back.. throw it on third and long and get intercepted.. game very laggy at this point. Took about 5 seconds for the int animation to complete.

Fcuk sake tebow breaks 4 tackles to get into the end zone :mad: on third down.
    And Willis gets injured, i decide to keep him in the game.

The titans receive the kick and get all the way to 21 yard line before getting tackled.

the Titans get into the end zone of the 2nd play 7-7 with less than a minute in the first quarter.

Tebow tries the same run that got him the TD but doesnt make it

The Titans arent doing much on the ground, Orton gets hit just as he throws to leave a 3rd and 13 on the Titans 15.. they dont make it and the Titans have to punt and put the Bills back on their own 30 with 5:29 in the half.

The Bills are pushed back to 3rd and 15 but throw what looks like a good pass but it is ruled incomplete.

The titans go on a drive and eat up some time but end up having to punt.. Bills do the same and then the Titans do the same!
    Bills get the ball back with just over a minute in the half

The bills punt with 3 seconds left and the Titans elect to catch.. and fumble but recover it!

Start of the 2nd half and its 7-7 with the Titans to receive

The Titans go through the air on their drive but dont get anything and have to punt.

Woodhead makes some good yards receiving for the Bills.

The Bills get in for a TD 7-14 with 1:58 in the 3rd.

The Titans throw and int which wasnt a suprise, tried to throw it as the WR made his run and a couple of seconds later Orton lofts it up so it can be picked off.

Tebow makes a great run and gets a 1st and goal but its called back for a holding penalty so its 3rd and 23 on the Titans 36.. what can they do. They get some yards but a penalty for holding is called again. The Titans opt to have the bills replay 3rd down instead of giving them a FG and it backfires they Bills come up big and get a 1st and goal.

Tebow gets in again.. man give me a speedy QB please :mad:
    The Titans are going to need to air this out now.

Titans get up the field going through the air and with under 5 in the game its 14-21 Bills

The Bills receive but cant do much and Tebow gets rid of it on 3rd just as he's about to get sacked.

The Titans get to the air.. and get picked off the their first play on their own 27 :mad:

Massive play! The Bills run and and get smashed and fumble and the Titans recover on their own 27 with 2:24 in the game.

The Titans get to the 30 yard and go deep to Wayne.. and its intercepted... the Bills player is tackled.. he fumbles... and the Bills recover and thats game!

Some Stats!
    Offense for the Titans was 174 with 15 of them on the ground compared with 66 from 172 for the Bills.
    Both teams suffering with poor 3rd down conversions with the Titans at 28% and the Bills at 25%

Orton was terrible apart from on the Titans second TD drive getting picked off 5 times :mad:
    Bush had a terrible 0.6 yards per arry average from 8 attempts with D Woodhead a little better.

Bush had a much better game receiving going 8.2 avg per reception

Great game Dave, Tebows mobility killed me especially the first TD, he got through my whole D-line practically and shook off a tackle or 2 from behind!

In the 4th it could have went either way, excellent game man, again sorry for not having a mic!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

is the gamweek near completion?

Think theres still a couple of human games to go.
    If berty can do his magic on the LM site we should be able to see exactly, few CPU games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

First off super game ! A play off game in the regular season !

The Titans D just didn't give up yards on the run ! Forcing Tebow to pass and use his intangibles. That's just what he did! 13 completions from 18 attempts and no interceptions. 4 rushes for 24 yards and 2 touchdowns.

The first touchdown was ridiculous! Shotgun roll out first quick pass not on.. Roll out left , break four tackles and run into the endzone! Long live Tebow !

A great kick return from the Titans gave them great field position ! Kyle Orton was Jeykll and Hyde some superb spread offense. Picking up his slot receivers at will. The Titans Offensive Coordinator tried to pick on short routes in Polamalu's zones and man coverage's. It was working for 2 quarters. Passing in and around Polamalu is risky. The reward did not match the risk ! Polamalu got 2 pick's , Greer got 1 , Atogwe picked up one and Woodson got the final pick to end the game. My backfield really performed today. The Titans O-line kept Orton protected for the entire game.

In the 3rd quarter i switched up to Run N Gun to try and confuse Tennessee. It worked and pushed up the field. Danny Woodhead got in on a sweep run after Leach got stuffed on the 1 yard line.

The Titans @ 21-7 go up the field and show why there in the play off hunt ! A mixture of check down passes and some big plays from Camarillo and Cook Jr at tight end. Jerry Galloway reeled in the years to score a touchdown to make it a one score game with 4 minutes left in the game.

Thankfully passing into my backfield did its job at end.

The good news is i won the game and I've effectively sealed the 5 seed now. Bad news, Danny Woodhead is a good half back, coming into this season it was a worry could he run for more than 200 + runs in the season and stay healthy?

Answer no ! Woodhead went out of this bruising game in the fourth quarter with a broken tailbone . 10 weeks out ! The Bronco's need to develop and new offensive schemes in four weeks to try and go deep into the play off's .

Can the Bills do it?

Cheers for the game helimachoptor . Really enjoyed, sorry bout the second pause. my batteries ran out in my controller ! I'd recommend you get a mic man, its so much better.

P.S Thrash talk justified :cool:

Answer no ! Woodhead went out of this bruising game in the fourth quarter with a broken tailbone . 10 weeks out ! The Bronco's need to develop and new offensive schemes in four weeks to try and go deep into the play off's .

Can the Bills do it?

Cheers for the game helimachoptor . Really enjoyed, sorry bout the second pause. my batteries ran out in my controller ! I'd recommend you get a mic man, its so much better.

P.S Thrash talk justified :cool:

You gonna change teams??
    No worries, tbh i was worried my batteries were gonna die aswell :D

I have one.. but my OH gave it to my niece a few weeks ago to chew on! So my brother has got me a new one for xmas, though my next game is against the Saints so i wont need it, but for the games against the Colts and Texans I can curse if i lose :eek:

Best of luck in the play offs!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Stev_o wrote: »
    Prince you available now?

sorry, just saw that now! i'll hopefully be in about half 9 or ten tonight if that works?

ok

Hi, Good game last night. I'm guessing you couldn't hear my mic, it must be broken, though I could hear you at times.

As I said last night going for it on 4th so deep in your half really hurt you as I was able to punch it in for a TD.

Looking forward to the rematch in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Anyone who needs a really nice Christmas present should ask for Turtle Beach headphones. They have a mic and the sound as well as the game chat comes through them and you can adjust the volume of both to suit. They don't come cheap but they are well worth it. The sound coming through them is so good I often use them to actually listen to the tv through them. With the ones I have (PX21's) one of the things I have done with them is watch an NFL game while chatting to a fellow NFL fan though XBox.

Think mine are wired PX21's, cost around €75 but there are a few different versions, X11 are around €50. Get the best you can afford.

Its good to talk :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Berty44 wrote: »
    Anyone who needs a really nice Christmas present should ask for Turtle Beach headphones. They have a mic and the sound as well as the game chat comes through them and you can adjust the volume of both to suit. They don't come cheap but they are well worth it. The sound coming through them is so good I often use them to actually listen to the tv through them. With the ones I have (PX21's) one of the things I have done with them is watch an NFL game while chatting to a fellow NFL fan though XBox.

Think mine are wired PX21's, cost around €75 but there are a few different versions, X11 are around €50. Get the best you can afford.

Its good to talk :pac:

I find the kinect handles chat really well too though people may not like that solution if they've got other people in the house/apartment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Raoul

LM site is updated.

Only two games left to be played. Niballer has a cpu game and then the game between Prince and Stevo.

Great effort again by everyone to get the games finished early. :)

Berty, would you mind syncing the LM site when you get a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Raoul

Berty, would you mind syncing the LM site when you get a chance?

I just did it a few min ago. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Division Leaders

1) Jets 12-0 (clinched playoff berth)
    2) Colts 10-2
    3) Bengals 9-3 (have beaten Colts so if they can get the 1 game back they'll finish higher)
    4) Broncos 6-5 (in theory any AFC West team can still win this division but Bronco's have 3 game lead with 4 remaining)

Wild Cards

5) Bills 9-3
    6) Ravens 7-5 (have beaten both Titans and Texans)

In the hunt (other teams could make a challenge but would need incredible winning runs)

7) Titans 7-5
    8) Texans 7-5

6th seed plays berty i presume :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

McG wrote: »
    Division Leaders

1) Jets 12-0 (clinched playoff berth)
    2) Colts 10-2
    3) Bengals 9-3 (have beaten Colts so if they can get the 1 game back they'll finish higher)
    4) Broncos 6-5 (in theory any AFC West team can still win this division but Bronco's have 3 game lead with 4 remaining)

Wild Cards

5) Bills 9-3
    6) Ravens 7-5 (have beaten both Titans and Texans)

In the hunt (other teams could make a challenge but would need incredible winning runs)

7) Titans 7-5
    8) Texans 7-5

Browns can still 8-8....there's still hope :(
    Heli wrote:
    6th seed plays berty i presume
    Assuming it's done the same way as real life, and if the playoffs were starting right now using McG's rankings.
    Jets[1] and Colts[2] would get a first round bye.
    Bengals[3] vs Ravens[6] & Broncos[4] vs Bills[5]

Jets would face the lowest seed of the winners [4,5,6], and Colts would face the other winner [3,4,5]

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

I'm getting Xbox Live friday so should be able to get back on track with the Cards! i'm 7-4 at the moment, CPU playing this week vs Cowboys CPU, i'm still in with a shout towards the playoffs right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Prince you around?

Hi, Good game last night. I'm guessing you couldn't hear my mic, it must be broken, though I could hear you at times.

As I said last night going for it on 4th so deep in your half really hurt you as I was able to punch it in for a TD.

Looking forward to the rematch in a few weeks.

I heard you cough a few times! After that 4th down I turned off my mic cos i was turning the air blue, i had hit x but he didn't throw it an my man was open...i got really cross at vick, thought about subbing him at half time. But hey I got more than 7 points so not all bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Stev_o wrote: »
    Prince you around?

Just online now

Advertisement