Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many 180's have you had?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

S.T.D Ste wrote: »
    Hey double tops i'm going to have to get you over to mine a few nights a week to practise improve your game as well as keeping my game in tact

that would be sound mate. we'll have to arrange something:D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gerryfagan501

Double Top wrote: »
    that would be sound mate. we'll have to arrange something:D
    Just wondering has not playing on tuesday affected your game or STDs

greened wrote: »
    I have hit plenty of 180's over the years and have lost count.

I have never hit bak to back 180's but have had 5 perfect darts at the start of a competitive game of 501. Never got any closer to a perfect game than that.

I have checked a 180 only once. That was in a competive league game against a v. good player. I ended up winning as he cracked when he saw me coming back at him.

However I have also lost count of the number of games I have lost over the years when I scored a 180 in them.
    Just looking at what you said about losing games when you have hit a 180 I think we all have especialy when we have only got a few I think the more you hit the more at ease you feel with yourself and you can hold your nerve

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

Just looking at what you said about losing games when you have hit a 180 I think we all have especialy when we have only got a few I think the more you hit the more at ease you feel with yourself and you can hold your nerve

I have hit plenty and its not about holding ur nerve. Sometimes when your ahead in a game (after a 180) you get complacant and ease up and before u know it the other fellow is on a finish, game over.
    Other times you get the 180 go for the kill and end up getting a stupid score of 26 or 22 which makes the 180 useless.

What I have learnt over the years is that unless u really need to score heavy in a leg a score of 60 after a 180 is a great score. It's the same as a 100 followed by a 140 and we would all be happy with that return out of 6 darts.

Update, I have hit back to back 180s in a game since last post and am up to 7 perfect darts in my quest for a 9 darter. Some day!!!!!!!!

I have hit plenty and its not about holding ur nerve. Sometimes when your ahead in a game (after a 180) you get complacant and ease up and before u know it the other fellow is on a finish, game over.
    Other times you get the 180 go for the kill and end up getting a stupid score of 26 or 22 which makes the 180 useless.

What I have learnt over the years is that unless u really need to score heavy in a leg a score of 60 after a 180 is a great score. It's the same as a 100 followed by a 140 and we would all be happy with that return out of 6 darts.

Update, I have hit back to back 180s in a game since last post and am up to 7 perfect darts in my quest for a 9 darter. Some day!!!!!!!!
    All you can do is keep at it someday I think I would sh.t myself if i had 8 perfect darts might get barred out of the league if that happened;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Hit 180s regular enough maybe every 2-3 hours of play, its a great feeling when it happens though never gets old.

Don't play on a team or anything just on my own in my room, would love to join a team though.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

All you can do is keep at it someday I think I would sh.t myself if i had 8 perfect darts might get barred out of the league if that happened;)

ye I would think the hand would be shaking on that double all right.

Nearly had a back ward 9 darter the other day. Finished 141 in practice hit a 180 to start the next leg and then 60, 60 with the next two. Backward 180 thought came into my head and hit the flight of the other darts for a big 20 (140 score). Would not have been a real 9 darter but it would have been the sequence of darts, just backwards!!!

ye I would think the hand would be shaking on that double all right.

Nearly had a back ward 9 darter the other day. Finished 141 in practice hit a 180 to start the next leg and then 60, 60 with the next two. Backward 180 thought came into my head and hit the flight of the other darts for a big 20 (140 score). Would not have been a real 9 darter but it would have been the sequence of darts, just backwards!!!
    I could live with that were do you play darts league wise

Just wondering has not playing on tuesday affected your game or STDs

to be honest gerry the tuesday didnt do wonders for my game i took it way too serious and i tried to prove myself every game and at the end of the season the wheels fell off and i lost my last three game 2-0, i would love to go back and play again on a tuesday but right now i wouldnt have the money to do it by myself all the lads on georges are sound and i know if i went back out i would be a different player then i was last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hit my first ever 180 today!!!! SWEET!!!!

Was playing last week and hit t20 t20 t5 3 times in about an hour..... Did I do some hopping around when I stuck 3 in it today!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Ive hit 9 180s and I hit 2 in 5 mins one day. The proudest moment of my life was beating phil taylor in waterford last year. There will never anything eclipse that in my whole life again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Hit about 7 altogether. My first when I was about 16. Haven't got 1 in a while though (mainly because I've only got back playing after several months of not picking up a dart), although I was throwing the last day and on about 3 separate occasions got the got the first two t20s in. The problem when I'm throwing is I tend to block my darts awful easily meaning I'm much better switching to 19s after getting two in.

By far though my best ever feat was a 132 finish (bull, bull, double 16) in 3 darts I'll never forget it, have done 125 aswell (bull, 25, bull) but only done them the once- they were pure once offs but were amazing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

only two myself.

i used to play a bit when i was younger, never competitive or anything.

i hadnt played for years with moving house and all, but i finally put a board up last week and have been practising again.

so im hoping my next 180 wont too far long of a wait

never had a 177 though, id love one of them, but i wouldnt have the bottle to throw for a treble 19 after getting the two treble 20's.

i dont know about you lads but 99% of the time when im lucky enough to get the first 2 darts in the 60 i tend to absolutely bottle it and throw something pathetic like a 7 :D:D:D

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Ive hit 9 180s and I hit 2 in 5 mins one day. The proudest moment of my life was beating phil taylor in waterford last year. There will never anything eclipse that in my whole life again.

no way, you beat Taylor?

i heard he NEVER LETS ANYBODY WIN compared to other lads doing exhibitions

• Registered Users Posts: 35 midg23

I've never thrown a 180 as of yet and play regularly, i seem to get 2 darts in and then get over excited (no jokes please) and miss with the third.

Most i ever got was 162, T20, T18, then T16, and that was pure fluke.

midg23 wrote: »
    I've never thrown a 180 as of yet and play regularly, i seem to get 2 darts in and then get over excited (no jokes please) and miss with the third.

Most i ever got was 162, T20, T18, then T16, and that was pure fluke.

If you where aiming for them, then that's not a fluke

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

About 5-6. I havnt had one in a good while though. The 1st time is amazing :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Don't get many 180's anymore it's the 171's nowadays that's where it's at!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭clare ny

hit several few years back , was throwing four or five nights a week that time but only getting back into them now since son got obsessed with the game... played about four hours the last few nights , Rusty to say the least gone back to just getting my 3 big 20s hoping one might fall into a treble

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

11 so far in 2012. Gonna keep track of how many I hit this year. The amount of 140s, 121's, 123's,125's and 135's I hit sickens me. Proper bottler when I set up the chances

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

11 so far in 2012. Gonna keep track of how many I hit this year. The amount of 140s, 121's, 123's,125's and 135's I hit sickens me. Proper bottler when I set up the chances

Nothing wrong with those scores. I wish I had that problem - I tend to hit a lot of 81's 83's 85's etc and 66's which is no more than a glorified bed and breakfast.

Oh don't get me wrong I hit a silly amount of 81's 83's and 85's and 66's too. Just I set up the 180 opps a lot and continually bottle them. A snatch or a weird jump in the arm and I throw wide. It's weird

I think I'm up to 5 this year, going to try keep track like yourself but have never been a big 180 hitter

Oh don't get me wrong I hit a silly amount of 81's 83's and 85's and 66's too. Just I set up the 180 opps a lot and continually bottle them. A snatch or a weird jump in the arm and I throw wide. It's weird

When counting up your 180's are you referring to competitive matches only or altogether?

The only competitive darts I play are on electronic boards as that's all you'll find in Spain. I'm probably the only one with a bristle board in the county so the only competition I get is N01 now and again.

gramar wrote: »
    When counting up your 180's are you referring to competitive matches only or altogether?

The only competitive darts I play are on electronic boards as that's all you'll find in Spain. I'm probably the only one with a bristle board in the county so the only competition I get is N01 now and again.

i count them all practice and competitive, just a bit of a laugh to keep track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Had about 186 left the last day first two straight in the red bit, instead of throwing for treble ten to set up double 18, went for the cheeky 180 and the bloody dart (which was sailing straight in!) deflected into t5 :mad:

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Had about 186 left the last day first two straight in the red bit, instead of throwing for treble ten to set up double 18, went for the cheeky 180 and the bloody dart (which was sailing straight in!) deflected into t5 :mad:

I hate when that happens, i remember in a league game last year started off the leg with a 180, next darts T20 T20 threw the last dart and the flight caught the back to the darts in the board and clipped it up into the S20 was raging cause i have never hit back to back 180's in the league and th way i was throwing if i had got it i was very confident of going all the way with it

Yeah practice and competitive.

Like last year I had 200 odd practice 180s and about 12 of them were in competition.

This year the league is only just back, I've not played in any tournaments yet so I'm 13 so far this year just in practice

some good darts being thrown there lads!

I don't bother counting mine not that there are many to count - a handful last year - all towards the end of the year as a result of more practice and one or two this year.

In all honesty I'm happier to hit 100+ consistently and 100+ check-outs rather than occasionally hitting maximums.

• Advertisement

well I'd agree, and I'd happily not hit a 180 if I was promised back to back 140s etc etc. However with practice comes grouping, with grouping comes 180s

If the tons are going high low all over the 20 shop. They aren't good darts, they are lucky darts. I've played so many players who are liable to hit a double tops going for the treble 20 as they can throw straight enough and just hope that one of them gets pitched right.

When you start grouping well you know you'll hit 180s, I don't focus on trying to hit 180s but grouping my darts around the treble as close as possible. I get annoyed when I hit a 140 and one of the 20's is very high in the bed, it shouldn't be. So I keep practicing and try pitch the darts the same each time. I'm pretty sure that professionals are extremely skilled in repetition and have bottle to boot.

Advertisement