Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many 180's have you had?

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I got the lot in argos, its expensive at €42.99 but it certainly works, not that I'd ever be throwing out there you know...
    It's a soft rubbery plastic and holds anything thrown at it... it is a bit loud, bright red but it's ok for the moment anyway.
    I wasn't mad about any of the cabinets i've seen lately and may change it if I come across a cabinet I really like in the future.

Here's an argos link to everything they do in darts

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Thanks, think I might get Santa to bring me a surround.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

just the one 180 for me along time ago just feel too much pressure when the first two go in and then it all goes wrong:o

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Nailed my 3rd one today, it's funny how much more relaxed I was having had 180's previously...
    Nice start to the new year (with the phil taylor set from argos)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Good work Licksy. Your right, once you hit your first then you dont feel as much pressure when you see the first two going in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

i never hit one, jus a few 140's

Shane190 wrote:
    i never hit one, jus a few 140's

Stick at it, you will get it. Best feeling in the world when you hit your first. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

oh triple one why do you mock me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

Ahhhhhh i finally hit one:D:D:D i have lost count of how many times in the last week or so that i got the first 2 darts in and then ballooned the last one. Its a wonderful feeling when you get one.

Here is a picture of the magical moment..lol:D:D:D:D

Fair play Shane. Lets hope you hit loads more of them now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭RadioGaGa

I'm useless at darts but one night everything clicked and i hit those three darts with Phil Taylor precision! complete fluke but felt so good at the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Just the once, a couple of years back, left the darts in the bed for about 3 days so i could show everyone that came to visit - non believers of course:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bobflatley

I've got quite a few. They tend to come in bunches when I am playing well and with confidence. At one point early last year I was hitting 3-4 a week but my level of all round play was quite high at the time. I was running well in the Co. qualifiers and finishing in 18-21 darts regularly. Then I had a confidence slump due to a couple of bad games and the 180's dried up.
    The point is when you are playing well you will hit them if you are confident and relaxed especially after you have hit the first 5 or so. It sounds strange to someone that has only hit one or two but it does lose its status as the thing to do in time.
    I stopped counting them after five. What I found after those first few was that the rest of the leg I played crap and lost about four of the first game scenarios that I hit 180 in. Effectively the 180 became more important and satisfying than winning the game, a resting on the laurels kind of effect.
    Fortunately I have recovered from that now. While hitting 180 in a game is great I would prefer to finish a solid leg in 18 darts than hit a 180 followed by 26/15 and lose in 27 darts. Now I use 180's as a confidence spur and generally come back with 60+ score on the next three.
    The first few are the hardest to hit. Concentrate on consistency and grouping and you will soon be getting close. Let the third dart go without stopping to think and I guarantee that if you are a decent player they will come and they do get easier.
    To all those who haven't hit one yet good luck and persevere, you'll surprise yourself in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Spaznet

I have hit 2 180's in the year to 18 months i've been playing. I dont consider myself much of a dart player the only person I really ever play against is my brother. The thing with me is being SO inconsistant I might hit a 140 and then follow that up with a 30 or something, VERY frustrating. And my best game was 15darts then I'll follow it up with a 30dart game. Pisses me off. I like watching Darts on TV but being here in America there really isn't too much on.

The first time I hit 180 I didn't no the rules(How high the board had to be, and how far back), so dont no if that one counts or not. The second one I hit was on Monday of this week. Happened very quick all lined up TIGHT in there. If I pause even for a moment I screw it up so right when I hit the first two in there i immediately threw my 3rd dart and it went in there perfectly. Both were done in practice, like I said I dont play many games.

I am still very new to darts but love playing hopefully I can join a team when I get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Got my first one a couple of days ago. Moment I'll never forget.

I'd never played Darts (aside from maybe one piss-take game a year if a mate had a board moping around his house at a party or something) til I got my board three weeks ago.

Since then, been practising for a couple of hours a day at least. The 180 made it all worthwhile.

I'm a very relaxed, rhythmic player (at least in practise, I'll probably **** myself if I step up), so when the first couple went into the very right hand corner of the treble I just picked up the third and knew before I even threw the dart it was going in.

Chucked it and sure enough it landed in the opposite side of the treble. My parents were stunned when they heard me yelling, "ONE HUNDRED AND EIIIIIIGHTY" from upstairs. I then ran for my cameraphone to photograph the evidence.

Unfortunately though, I'd only gotten about an hour's practise in by then so had to take them out and keep playing. Hasn't happened for me since but I'm confident now that I know it's in me to get one, so here's hoping it'll become a regular occurence from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Got my first one a couple of days ago. Moment I'll never forget.

I'd never played Darts (aside from maybe one piss-take game a year if a mate had a board moping around his house at a party or something) til I got my board three weeks ago.

Since then, been practising for a couple of hours a day at least. The 180 made it all worthwhile.

I'm a very relaxed, rhythmic player (at least in practise, I'll probably **** myself if I step up), so when the first couple went into the very right hand corner of the treble I just picked up the third and knew before I even threw the dart it was going in.

Chucked it and sure enough it landed in the opposite side of the treble. My parents were stunned when they heard me yelling, "ONE HUNDRED AND EIIIIIIGHTY" from upstairs. I then ran for my cameraphone to photograph the evidence.

Unfortunately though, I'd only gotten about an hour's practise in by then so had to take them out and keep playing. Hasn't happened for me since but I'm confident now that I know it's in me to get one, so here's hoping it'll become a regular occurence from now on!

leggo wrote:

The first one is always the hardest one to hit Leggo. It took me a while to hit mine because I would always bottle the last dart. I have hit loads since the first one though and I'm sure will be same for you. Great feeling when you see the three darts go into the treble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 benfaqwa

This is gonna soind like a show off now. I used to count but stopped when i got to 50. Must have hit well over a hundred now. Have hit back to back 180s only once though!

been playing 4 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 beastie bhoy

i get at least 1 every day.
    i recentely got 1 against the hitman gary welding in the event in killarney.
    i went mad it was great:D
    even though he beat me 4 - 0 i averaged about 88 against him but he averaged 105 i was over the moon.:p

Hit two in a row last night for the first time, thought I was going to hit a 9 darter! Sadly my 7th dart was a single 1, only a slight difference :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

ive hit around 20 that ive kept track of in my shed (marker on the backboard)

i hit an AWFUL lot of 140's where the first 2 go in though, ive had back to back 180's but not when i was on 501 i had them when on 441

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

had a long streak of getting 180's was on about 4 a day but has kind of calmed down to about 1 every two days. never got a 9 darter but got a 10 darter finishing on the bull(not on for the 9 darter, 180,140,131, bull). usually get more when i'm playing against someone new, brings put the competitive side of me or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

We own a pub so been playing from an early age. Have 1 in match and loads in practice.. Remember throwing 5 in one day last year, I freeze on the line though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Get them more often nowadays but even still when i get the first 2 trebles i still tink bout it an pull the bloody thing into a t5 or sumtin! Best 180 i ever got was in a semi of a tournament he was sittin pretty on tops i had 212 got a 180 to leave x16s he choked i got it 1st dart to win the match:DHappy days:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I can't remember my first one, it was years ago, I play every lunch in work with a couple of friends, I usually get one a week, most I've got was 2 in one day, still waiting to get the 170 finish, I've hit the 25 3 times going for it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I can't remember my first one, it was years ago, I play every lunch in work with a couple of friends, I usually get one a week, most I've got was 2 in one day, still waiting to get the 170 finish, I've hit the 25 3 times going for it now!

I've shot 170 for points on several occasions, but I am in the same boat when it comes to finishing on it. Trip, trip, 25....everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Orange Krush

About 10 for me, not a great return on the amount of time played and haven't hit 1 in over 2 yrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

only started playing recently, nothad any 180s. couple of 140s and a 160 tho

saving all my stats in n01 which is nice to look back on and see the improvement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

I've hit loads but would trade half of them for a competitive 170 finish! Interestingly it took about 5 of them before I actually won a leg that I threw a 180 in. Hit one every day for a week a few years ago, went to Australia in Febuary and didn't hit another one till New year's eve that same year. Haven't hit one in ages but I can feel one coming...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I've been playing casually for about three years and have only ever hit one 180. Nice feeling though.

Advertisement