Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many 180's have you had?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Just thought I would bump this thread seems we have a lot of new people posting lately. Tell us how many you have hit lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

im now hitting between 1 and 3 per practice session now, which is quite pleasing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

When I polled I gave an answer of 2-4, that has changed now and it is 6 now!

Can we poll again?
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

hit my 1st 180 in competion Saturday night :D well pleased

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

ratinakeg wrote: »
    When I polled I gave an answer of 2-4, that has changed now and it is 6 now!

Can we poll again?
    ;)

Think my answer was one when I first replied! Has changed quite a bit since then! I do have the power to edit the poll......... :pac:

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Think my answer was one when I first replied! Has changed quite a bit since then! I do have the power to edit the poll......... :pac:

Can you make a second edition of this poll or edit the poll Mr Taylor?:D
    Seriously that would be a great idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I finally hit my first 180 today!! :D It was a long time coming but im sure it wont be the last!

Could someone edit the poll please :cool:

nice k35p dont leave it as long till the next one . hit 3 one nite over christmas and was getting one most days . i throw a john lowe 24 grm so i bought the slim flights like taylor from darts corner .the darts land like taylors could not handle it so went back to the standards fxxxxd me up but getting back now. i bought a eclipse pro lovely board no bounce outs yet

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭passinginterest

jwshooter wrote: »
    nice k35p dont leave it as long till the next one . hit 3 one nite over christmas and was getting one most days . i throw a john lowe 24 grm so i bought the slim flights like taylor from darts corner .the darts land like taylors could not handle it so went back to the standards fxxxxd me up but getting back now. i bought a eclipse pro lovely board no bounce outs yet

I tried slim flights the other day too and they were pretty weird, didn't really give them enough of a chance though. When I did manage to group them there was very noticeably less deflection from the flights. I got a Winmau Blade III last week and it's a major improvement on the basic Unicorn one I had, very few bounce outs and they just drop to the floor the odd one that does. The other board had the worst bounce outs I've ever seen, I actually had to jump out of the way a few times as they made it all the way back to the throwing line. I used to put out my foot to prevent my darts bouncing off out old tiled kitchen floor, I learnt not to do that when I was playing in my socks one morning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

I tried slim flights the other day too and they were pretty weird, didn't really give them enough of a chance though. When I did manage to group them there was very noticeably less deflection from the flights. I got a Winmau Blade III last week and it's a major improvement on the basic Unicorn one I had, very few bounce outs and they just drop to the floor the odd one that does. The other board had the worst bounce outs I've ever seen, I actually had to jump out of the way a few times as they made it all the way back to the throwing line. I used to put out my foot to prevent my darts bouncing off out old tiled kitchen floor, I learnt not to do that when I was playing in my socks one morning :D

i had the winmau pro SFB ,got a year out of it could have 20 bounce outs a nite . the slim flights ,if you started with them you be right i had black shafts and blacks flights you would hardly seen them .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I've thrown two myself, thing is i reckon i got too excited by doing so because i threw some pretty woeful darts after... i actually lost the first game i threw one in.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Threw an 11 dart leg about 2 months ago in competition and my darts has been going downhill ever since.. :(

Was amazing though!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Funny, big joke in my bar is that you always lose a game when you hit a 180, cos most of the guys do

I've probably hit 7 or 8 180's, but I much prefer 140's! I probably hit five or six a week, and hitting tonnes and 140's are usually the scores that win you legs. Maybe it's just me but a 177 or 171 when approaching a finish are more impressive than a 180

Can you make a second edition of this poll or edit the poll Mr Taylor?:D
    Seriously that would be a great idea!

Ok I think the best way is to edit the poll.

So if anyone has answered on this before but it has now changed post up here and I will edit the poll for you. Just changing mine and ratinakeg's now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

just hit my first yesterday.i was well pleased cause there 3 of us that play most evenings and i was the first to get one.but didnt last long when i was eating my dinner a friend called down through his first 3 darts straight into the 180 some sickiner....serious feeling though!!!
    hoping to hit at least 1 a week as im between jobs iv plenty of time to practice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

At last count I had eleven but I stopped counting after that. So much of it is mental, If you relax and just let the third dart go you'll hit a 180 8/10 times but if you tense up your finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

I have hit four myself...Think I hit my first one within a couple of monthe of starting..Hav'nt thrown much lately but I'm getting back in to it lately..

After getting another 180 today (first with new darts:D) and with all the new players in this tournament I thought of this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

hitting about 2 a day. hit 6 on friday but not 2 ina row

Double Top wrote: »
    hitting about 2 a day. hit 6 on friday but not 2 ina row

That's impressive and as for 6 in one night Holy Crap:eek:!
    Brilliant mate!:cool:

That's impressive and as for 6 in one night Holy Crap:eek:!
    Brilliant mate!:cool:

thats what a chinese and five can's of redbull can do for you. had the house to myself, prob played about 100 games because i was so hyper:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

thats what a chinese and five can's of redbull can do for you. had the house to myself, prob played about 100 games because i was so hyper:D:D:D:D:D

How can you drink 5 Redbull's and relax to hit 6 180's!:D
    I'd be too hyper and would be hitting bags of nails!:D

How can you drink 5 Redbull's and relax to hit 6 180's!:D
    I'd be too hyper and would be hitting bags of nails!:D

i don't know, all i remember is my whole body was shaking except my hand and it's usually the other way round:D:D:D:D

i don't know, all i remember is my whole body was shaking except my hand and it's usually the other way round:D:D:D:D

I'll keep Redbull in mind if my game slumps!;):D

I'd say you were like Shaky Stevens!:D

I'll keep Redbull in mind if my game slumps!;):D

I'd say you were like Shaky Stevens!:D

hell yea i was. when i was goin for my double's i was movin before the dart hit the board. i'll give you one warning redbull+doubles=trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

Hey double tops i'm going to have to get you over to mine a few nights a week to practise improve your game as well as keeping my game in tact

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

I have hit plenty of 180's over the years and have lost count.

I have never hit bak to back 180's but have had 5 perfect darts at the start of a competitive game of 501. Never got any closer to a perfect game than that.

I have checked a 180 only once. That was in a competive league game against a v. good player. I ended up winning as he cracked when he saw me coming back at him.

However I have also lost count of the number of games I have lost over the years when I scored a 180 in them.

I had back to back 180's while practicing down in the club with the youths, it wasnt in a game, i hit a 180 and another 180, and then was egged on to try hit the 141, missed the treble 20, bit of an anti climax

Have had 11 180's... still counting:D

lol, stop counting and they come much easier, i was marking 180's on the board beside my board, i stopped and ive hit numerous 180's since, i am at the point of 1 per practice session at least now because im not thinking about it.

Specially if im not sure if 1 of them is in, your not over thinking it

• Advertisement

lol, stop counting and they come much easier, i was marking 180's on the board beside my board, i stopped and ive hit numerous 180's since, i am at the point of 1 per practice session at least now because im not thinking about it.

Specially if im not sure if 1 of them is in, your not over thinking it

Lol, i know but it's still kind of a novelty to me at the moment... Tis a fantastic feeling and i can't help but count and brag to my mates!

Advertisement