Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

will do!

I seem to be encountering a lot of women who have just been through bad break-ups and aren't ready for anything serious. It just makes me wonder why on Earth they're on a dating site if this is the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Balobas87

sooooo i set up another account on pof, last time i was on it for a week before i deleted, tbh i got sick of looking through pages and pages and decided to let whoever mail me :rolleyes: i didnt get a great response from any guys:D

Sooooo anyone nice and v experienced POF'rs want to review my profile pretty please???:) be ace to get some advice on it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Balobas87

I seem to be encountering a lot of women who have just been through bad break-ups and aren't ready for anything serious. It just makes me wonder why on Earth they're on a dating site if this is the case.
    Probs to massage their egos and get some confidence back....crap i no!! i had a few of those, granted they were male, the last time i joined :rolleyes:

We need to have a inbuilt radar for em!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Those "KamiKazeKitten, someone chose you!" emails OKC send out make me laugh.

I'm not a pokemon ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Those "KamiKazeKitten, someone chose you!" emails OKC send out make me laugh.

I'm not a pokemon ffs!
    With a name like that you should be in fairness!

What really annoys me is the "Meet Me" feature on POF. If you want to meet me, send me a message!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Balobas87 wrote: »
    sooooo i set up another account on pof, last time i was on it for a week before i deleted, tbh i got sick of looking through pages and pages and decided to let whoever mail me :rolleyes: i didnt get a great response from any guys:D

Sooooo anyone nice and v experienced POF'rs want to review my profile pretty please???:) be ace to get some advice on it!!

I will if you PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

All this talk I am seriously thinking of joining one!!!! Imagine Michael Fassbender could have a fake profile ...he will send me a message and we will fall in love *sigh* ...or you know I COULD meet a real guy and not be sitting on boards.ie on a Friday night :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

All this talk I am seriously thinking of joining one!!!! Imagine Michael Fassbender could have a fake profile ...he will send me a message and we will fall in love *sigh* ...or you know I COULD meet a real guy and not be sitting on boards.ie on a Friday night :(

Join POF now!!!

You know you want to. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

What really annoys me is the "Meet Me" feature on POF. If you want to meet me, send me a message!

I sent someone a message the other day and she clicked on "yes" she'd want to meet me...

...well why didnt ya bloody reply then??? :confused:

Wow just joined POF ....15 messages in less then 20 mins ....I am giving myself a South Park niiiicccceeeee lol ...yes this is self praise and bragging MUHAHAHAHAHA

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

*searchs by new users*

:p

lol in fairness its just because I have a dark picture and love zombies lol ...if my pic was lighter the messages would drop dramatically XD ...I am not actually joking :/ and most of the men sending the messages are about 50....I just....I just... wanted to sound cool....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

The literacy levels in this country are shockingly poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Well I have my pic up this time, few days up now. Getting less replies than picless profile.

No meet me interests or matches. ah.

No replies from girls that there could be something. Mailing people down the country and getting an odd reply.

The literacy levels in this country are shockingly poor.

I have an awful feeling that is about me.....

I have an awful feeling that is about me.....

No, you seem to use vowels.

There's an outstanding amount of girls / women who post on POF using txt spk. I don't pay too much attention to it meself. I'm more interested in what's being said as opposed to how.

No, you seem to use vowels.

There's an outstanding amount of girls / women who post on POF using txt spk. I don't pay too much attention to it meself. I'm more interested in what's being said as opposed to how.

Of course I use vowels!! I am a big girl now...there is A, E I, O and ....and ...and ..damn it ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Of course I use vowels!! I am a big girl now...there is A, E I, O and ....and ...and ..damn it ...

I believe 4 is the other one.

lol in fairness its just because I have a dark picture and love zombies lol ...if my pic was lighter the messages would drop dramatically XD ...I am not actually joking :/ and most of the men sending the messages are about 50....I just....I just... wanted to sound cool....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Balobas87 wrote: »

Sure send on a link!

funny_pof.jpg

Ha, the coincidental placing of these two photos on top of each other made me laugh.

I think the people are less scary on OkCupid ....

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Well I finally went on my date tonight with the guy ive been chatting to for the past few weeks. We have both been sick over christmas so only getting to meet tonight. It went well anyway :) I was so nervous before hand as we had been chatting a while and was starting to build an idea of him in my head.... not good if it doesnt go well :p but it was so weird felt as if I already kind of knew him. We both agreed we should meet up again so should be interesting to see where this goes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,731 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That sounds pretty promising Ammsy500, that's the stuff!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Just found a profile pic on POF of a girl sitting on a toilet with her knickers around her knees. Jeeeesus ...

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

I think the people are less scary on OkCupid ....

I think so too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Had a date tonight. Went well... think we are meeting again next week. Trying to be positive without getting my hopes up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement